Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Braces off

View Poll Results: Have you ever had braces??
Yes 58 61.70%
No 27 28.72%
Yes, Smoked with them and they left spots 1 1.06%
Yes, Smoked with them and they did not leave spots 3 3.19%
Yes, dipped with them and they left spots 0 0%
Yes, dipped with them and they did not leave spots 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Braces off

Well guys next Tuesday it is finally going to happen, after 4 years! I am getting my Braces off! I am really excited and nervous! I think its going to be amazing to have them off and my GF and family are really excited. But I am worried that from where I drink soda a lot and dip every now and then that there might b spots on my teeth from the braces. The orthodontist said my teeth are clean and I will have no problems! But I am still a bit worried! Has anybody had braces before? Or does anyone know anything I can do(besides just brushing like normal) before they take them off next Tuesday to prevent spots??
Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
mouthwash
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
damn thats a long ass time to have braces on, i only had mine on for 18 months
Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
damn thats a long ass time to have braces on, i only had mine on for 18 months

Did you have stains or anything??
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Did you have stains or anything??
Two years--- No stains. I was good.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
no stains and i brush like 1.5 times a day
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
Well i think i have everyone beat! 7 years!!!....I was suppose to have them on for 4 year (pretty normal) but 3 years into it I fell skateboarding in my garage smashed my teeth in the concrete...smashed the braces off the top and bottom...I was an idiot freshman in HS and didnt go back to the dentist till my next visit ( turns out i had to start over at that point because of so much damage and moving)... no stains when i eventually got them off...so you should be fine!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
Quote:
Well guys next Tuesday it is finally going to happen, after 4 years! I am getting my Braces off! I am really excited and nervous! I think its going to be amazing to have them off and my GF and family are really excited. But I am worried that from where I drink soda a lot and dip every now and then that there might b spots on my teeth from the braces. The orthodontist said my teeth are clean and I will have no problems! But I am still a bit worried! Has anybody had braces before? Or does anyone know anything I can do(besides just brushing like normal) before they take them off next Tuesday to prevent spots??
dude i feel your pain i had braces for 4 fucking years too, not fun at all. But when u get them off and see your teeth and mouth straight and perfect you'll be glad you got them on, i sure as hell was, as for u worrying about the spots umm i don't really know what u could about them i didn't have any, but yea my guess would be just brush like normal and if the Ortho say your good then i guess i would stop worrying, he is the doctor. But yea good luck and trust me you will be happy that u got them on and taken off (if that makes sense)
Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
The Silver blurr...
Tracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTracy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TRACY
Tracy's Tacoma Gallery
I want braces...but my teeth aren't that bad. However, I have an underbite and a long jaw line. Lol and the people told me they have to brake my jaw...NO THANK YOU! So I guess no braces until whenever I really want braces or just tired of hearing my jaw "click". My roommates and all my friends think it's disgusting because when I yawn, my jaw "clicks" and sometimes get lock jawed. However, it does suck because I can't bite into steaks and such, so my meat is always cut up before I eat it. I've lived with it all my life so no worries!

Tell me how they go??? And post pictures of your new pearly whites.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
Robtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really nice

Name: Robert
Robtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I had braces for 4 years allso it sucked! But well worth it... wen dey take dem off ur mouths gona feel empty
Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think its probably too late at this point to start worrying about stains

i had mine on for 3 years...no stains...but i brushed a LOT during that 3 years

I also had an experimental appliance with what essentially amounted to shocks on either side of my mouth to move my jaw forward...and i had 2 experimental glues on 2 of my brackets in the backside...1 of which stained one of my teeth...but its around on the side and you cant see it unless i show it to you
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
i had mine for 3 years, when i got them off my teeth felt all slimy! i didnt have spots but i still got teeth whitening done
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine for almost 3 years i think. your teeth are going to feel long after that too. like bigger lol
Old 06-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #14
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
no stains and i brush like 1.5 times a day
1.5 times a day . . .
Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #15
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing you can do at this point to PREVENT them, but if you do end up having a few small spots don't panic. ACT RESTORE mouthwash helps reduce the spots. I'm not sure how much it is I usually get it at my dentist in sample bottles. I believe wally mart has it too.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #16
Carolina Alliance

Sweet guys the encouragement helps! I will definitely post pictures!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt have any stains but after removing my braces i have had mild gingivitis (inflamed gums). Its not bad breath or anything, the just bleed every time I floss.

Plus i dip about a tin a day or a little less so that probably doesnt help
Old 06-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #18
Carolina Alliance

Wow I dont dip even half a tin every 2 or 3 days so I should b fine!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow I dont dip even half a tin every 2 or 3 days so I should b fine!
I didn't dip when I had braces, only after