Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Sunburn - Quick Remedies

Old 06-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Sunburn - Quick Remedies

Well guys, it is summer now, and the sun is beating me to death. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so lets hear what you know/do about sunburns.

As of right now, I'm in horrible pain. My whole body from waiste up is red, and my shoulders are bubbling. I can't even wear a shirt without hurting.

So, whats a quick way to rid yourself of painful sunburns?!?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
first thing is to know is youve inflamed your skin, so take some aspirin, an antiinflammatory, ive found that a big bottle of aloe works well especially if it is been kept in the fridge, ive also used noxema with good results
good luck and wear sunscreen next time, target brand is supposed to work well and its half as much as the name brands
Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
thats what we use is the target brand continuous spray
yep, thats the stuff...hostess
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunscreen doesn't seem to help me much.

I'm so white, I make vampires laugh. I'm not too cut out to really be in the sun. lol

SPF 95 FTW. Kinda

Thanks for the tips. I'll try the aloe. And aspirin.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
yep, pick up a bottle of 100% aloe, smear it on frequently and it will absorb and help with the burn
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
my dads a Dermatologist and says that anything over 30 doesnt do anything more, the key is to apply every 2 hours or every time u get out the water
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
but the plant aloe is the best...you break off a leaf and juice it and rub it on...its the best and it will grow back
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
my dads a Dermatologist and says that anything over 30 doesnt do anything more, the key is to apply every 2 hours or every time u get out the water
x2 thats what my dermatologist says too

coming from a guy whos HAD a cancerous mole removed...

shirts work GREAT...sucks when you wanna swim...BUT...they do the trick of keeping the sun off...

When i do go shirtless...i use a spray 45spf...put a good coat on and rub it in...and then immediately reapply by spraying again...just to ensure i coated all exposed skin
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i never to water anything so if its not in the rain it dies
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aloe plants are great for small burns...but for a full on upper body sunburn...youre gonna be hardpressed to get enough aloe out of a plant to help until healing process

i think ive also heard to take an oatmeal bath (they sell special oatmeal) to relieve any dryness/itching
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #13
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
That's good to know. My mom just buys the biggest number available. LoL. I figured it was supposed to work well, but nothing ever seems to really keep the sun off my white body.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Stay out of the sun while burned and do not put sunscreeen on sunburned skin.. it will hurt like hell
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
aloe plants are great for small burns...but for a full on upper body sunburn...youre gonna be hardpressed to get enough aloe out of a plant to help until healing process
Yeah, I doubt one plant will fix this. If I had a camera that could capture the bubbles in my skin, I'd post it. Not to mention the redness has taken over my whole upper half. Except it didn't go through my beard. lol Beard tan line.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i shouldve kept the beard alittle longer i was hoping for a beard tan line, i has to look ridiculous once it gets shaved
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i had a friend get that burned recently...she just pretty much hung out at home with as little clothing on as possible and put on aloe (with lidocaine) constantly...i think i brought her like 3 or 4 big bottles within a 4 day time span...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #18
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
this is true...some stupid slutty girl last year fell asleep naked in the sun...she was all like it hurts...but it was all nasty and bubbly
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
put it in the fridge though, it feels so good
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
put it in the fridge though, it feels so good
quoted for TEH TROOF!