Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Kidney stones are ruining my summer.....

Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Kidney stones are ruining my summer.....

I'm currently in my 3rd fight with kidney stones and to make matters worse it came this time with a uninary tract infection. This all started the night of May 27 and I haven't been back to work sense. I currently have a "stent" inside of me now which has the stone wedged in my ureter. They can't remove the stent and stone untill my urinary tract infection is clear up which it isn't yet. When it is, they will remove the current stent and stone and put another stent back in. I have no pain from the stone now because it is wedged by the stent inside my ureter. Having a stent sucks, you feel like doing nothing when this 30cm tube is up inside of you. My first kidney stone happened in 1989.....then number two was in 2001.....and now number three. The docs now are telling me to drink a lot of lemon-aid because it helps dissolve them. I was always told cranberry juice but now they say that's good only for the bladder and does nothing to stones. I'm also on a high potent antibiotic that makes me sick. My stone in 2001 was made up entirely of calcium. If you've had stones share your horror stories with me. I need to go lay down now, I tire easily.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Been there, hated that. I used to get them so bad I started collecting them and I have a jar with about 10 of them in it. That is the worse pain I have ever felt when you are trying to piss one of those big ones out. Good luck, I feel your pain.

I starting drinking a large amount of water everyday and I have successfully not had one in about 3 years now. Keep those kidneys flushed and it keeps that from happening.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto - had some several times...very much no fun. Especially when they do a lithotripsy (sp?) on you (put you in water and blast them with sound waves) and forget to tell you that when you wake up, you'll have a stent inside you. Very freaky...also terrible to take out when the doc says, we don't use anesthesia to take those out...grab that bar right there and bear down...aaaaaaaah.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
For those lucky enough to have never had to endure this pain it feels like you are pushing a bowling ball through your pecker. Most of it is caused by a calcium deposit that builds up in your kidneys and turns into a hardened stone like object. It looks like a black cuckle burr with edges like knife blades. They range in size from small to marble like to the point they cannot be passed and must be surgically removed. The pain has been compared to childbirth times 10.

Dehydration of the body allow these to form quickly in your kidneys.

It will make you curl up in a fetus position and cry like a baby. You will sweat your ass off as your body dont get what the hell is trying to come out of a place it shouldnt even be in.

Get over that infection, endure the cramps, and then prepare to scream as the fire comes out your pecker. I had total blockage once from a large one and it built up til it shot that damn thing out like a cannon ball. I almost passed out.

Good luck, get well, and drink anything you can frequently to keep those kidneys flushed of calcium. OUCH.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I tend to get NASTY urinary tract infections. Talk about terrible.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I had a stone get stuck a few years back and had to have it surgically removed. The surgery was easy compared to the 3 weeks leading up to it. Like someone above said, curled up in the fetal position and sweating. I was in the hospital twice before they removed it. I was pretty sore when I wake up but I honestly felt 100% better, and I could have some food and enjoy it for the first time in 3 weeks. Good luck with it.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Please watch that infection thing closely.
Just a few minutes ago there was a piece on the news about a woman who went in for a stone, was given pain meds and sent home.
Hospitalized the next day with an infection and slipped into a coma.
She woke up and they had cut off her hands and feet due to Gangus.
Scarey stuff.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #9
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
yep... kidney stones officially suck! had my first one the day i turned 21. had a few since then but nothin as major as the first one.

havent heard of drinkin lemonade to dissolve stones... odd...

i used to have UTIs pretty often, then i went to school for massage therapy, started drinkin water and i havent had any since... or kidney stones for that matter.

and i like the taste of cranberry juice now bc of all of it i had to drink

good luck with the whole stint thing. maybe u need to change up yur diet, im sure cuttin out on certain things will help to keep the stones from formin
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you get well soon.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
One of the guys I used to work with drank soda (think it was Mt Dew) ALL DAY LONG. Doc's said there was something in the soda that could cause the stones, especially when drinken (?? drunk ??) in large quantities. He quit the Dew and didn't have any more problems. He started drinking water instead...

Good luck with getting rid of your problems
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yup ditto on the Mt dew. Buddy had em bad one year. Doc told him to quit drinkin the Dew, and no more since then
Old 06-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yup ditto on the Mt dew. Buddy had em bad one year. Doc told him to quit drinkin the Dew, and no more since then
My wife said soda in general due to the high sodium content. I had one I finally passed early this week. My 3rd or 4th one now, and it lasted about a week. Since then I've been drinking juice, water or tea at work instead of pepsi. Seems to be helping. Cutting out the soda helped pass it I think as normally I can get them out in a couple days, and this one took longer until I had cut out the soda for a couple days. Was taking 1000mg's of tylenol every 4 hours just to keep the baseball bat to the back feeling in check, and reduce the "gotta go" pain. lol NOT fun.

But I seem to be feeling better in general since cutting out the pepsi. Less headaches, easier time going to the bathroom in general, just feel "better".