Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Health Insurance

View Poll Results: Do you have health insurance?
YES 141 90.97%
NO 14 9.03%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 AM   #41
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Wait a week to see the doctor? Wow, I might have to wait 24 hours. And we don't have to sell our house for swine flu. At least I personally don't. Swine Flu is not worse than Influenza anyway.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #42
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
My $0.02: If you have kids you need a hell of a lot more than $10k in life insurance. 10x your income is a good estimate for most people.

Also, any money spent on life insurance for kids is wasted. Mortality rates are incredibly low and kids don't provide any income so there's no financial loss when/if they die. Yes, I know funerals cost money, but again I say that the mortality rates for children are low enough that the insurance still isn't necessary.

That would be in addition to the million dollar policy I already have on myself and the state coverage they provide us with for public safety. I hope to never use the kids insurance but it's there and cheap if it is ever needed.

Murph
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
Love what you do, do who you love <3
I.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedI.love.tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackie
I.love.tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't imagine not having health insurance.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #45
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah! Tricare Prime!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #46
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I have heard horror stories about trying to get into see doctors. Is it that bad?

It can be bad, but people only discuss horror stories right? My grandfather has had a few different fights with cancer and always got treatment but his last one he had to pay out like 40k for because it was new or something. He needs knee surgery too which he may be going to the states to get performed because of his age and its not exactly a priority surgery so he may have to wait longer to get it done here or have it scheduled then get bumped to a later date because a priority patient popped up.

I've never had problems with the system but like anything it has flaws.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #47
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I work for BCBS of Massachusetts..full medical/dental/vision, short/long term disability, 2x salary life insurance. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the best plan or cost sharing but it's not horrible of course..just funny that people assume I get top shelf all across.

4banger09, my mom's family is from Canada..my aunt waited 7 yrs for a hip replacement due to age etc.

Outside looking in I think to have something at all times is a good setup, but like you said good and bad to it.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #48
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You guys pay fot health care ?
Holy thread resurection....

Doesn't everyone pay in some form or another?

And not directed at OZ....why do so many think it's "free"? The cost/profit are paid for under some tax with a different name or through part of our overall compensation by way of increased cost of consumer goods...not saying good or bad just that it's not free unless you earn & spend zero.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #49
My Other Ride Is An R1
jrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant future

Army: 176 SIG CO,BTB,1-25 ID
Name: Jahon or Matt... I prefer Matt
jrocthakidd's Tacoma Gallery
Tri-Care through the military... One of the best parts about it
Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #50
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Cross Blue Shield under my parents. It's provided by my Dad's work. We've gotten out monies worth from it.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #51
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I pay for kaiser now . Way better then my old mostly paid for ppo's and hmo's
Old 10-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #52
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Holy thread resurection....

Doesn't everyone pay in some form or another?

And not directed at OZ....why do so many think it's "free"? The cost/profit are paid for under some tax with a different name or through part of our overall compensation by way of increased cost of consumer goods...not saying good or bad just that it's not free unless you earn & spend zero.
I guess I see why people say free, as in you don't directly pay for it as most of us in the US do. Plus if you lose your job you aren't all of a sudden without insurance.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #54
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Have a pretty good plan with Blue Cross but it sure ain't free. Costs me over $400 a month while employer kicks another $800 a month for the full family plan.

Depends on the family, but you can easily become bankrupted without it.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #55
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I never say " free " , I see it as " included "
I thought you had to pay ~$50/month in BC
Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #57
Alby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud of
Name: Alby
Alby9999's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my monthly bill yesterday. Went up again. Over $900 a month for just me!!!!! I'm self employed. It's a good plan but REALLY????? 6 years ago the rate was $464 a month.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #58
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very fortunate. I have great insurance. I work for a large Pharma. company, so it isn't only good, it's also pretty inexpensive.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #59
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Harvard Pilgrim keeps going up and the deductible keeps going up as well. Now the first $5000 comes out of my pocket every year on top of paying the $550 per month premium for a single. Drug copay is $3200 per month for me, (if I was on the cheaper plan with the $3000 per year deductible), but I am not. The Insurance companies just have to much power, How can you stop it?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #60
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
I thought you had to pay ~$50/month in BC
For my wife and me , but I meant in a broader sense that our healthcare system is " included "