Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

My rehab journey

Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
My rehab journey

In January, I had my shoulder operated on from suffering 4 dislocations last fall. In this order I had a minor one against Kutztown University, a minor one against radford university, a minor one against the University of Virginia, and a major one against Penn State.

Here is the aftermath:
My rehab journey-shoulder-1.jpg

My rehab journey-shoulder-2.jpg

My rehab journey-surgery.jpg

My resting heartrate was 46 beats per minute before and during surgery. I am now on my journey to add back on the 15 pounds I lost and get back into aerobic shape.

My diet consists of 4 weight lifting sessions a week and two running workouts. Right now I am focusing on endurance, but I will soon be alternating between sprint workouts and endurance.

I am following this workout

Here is my starting picture. I have been running for 2.5 weeks and lifting for 2 of them. I havn't started anything intense yet, just trying to break my body back in.

I am trying to lose some fat while adding muscle. I will add weight and measurements soon

I don't even know if you guys care at all but this is more to help me track my progress.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Wish you the best, hows the shoulder feel? Full rotation back?
I have almost full range of motion. The only thing I am lacking is when I put my arm behind my back and reach up, but really, who needs that

I realized my description sucked so I decided to find a pic. I should be ok as long as I don't get cuffed any time soon I stretch it using a towel whenever I think about it.

I also found out toward the end of physical therapy and now that i have started lifting again that my right arm (surgery) is much STRONGER than my left (non-surgery).
Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
when i was catching for my baseball farm team i noticed i couldnt rotate my arm like i used to a friend gave me some monohydrate creatine, definetly helps out with speedy muscle recovery might wanna look into, only downfall i found is it made you drink a lot of water about 1-2 gallons daily, and pissed A LOT!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
when i was catching for my baseball farm team i noticed i couldnt rotate my arm like i used to a friend gave me some monohydrate creatine, definetly helps out with speedy muscle recovery might wanna look into, only downfall i found is it made you drink a lot of water about 1-2 gallons daily, and pissed A LOT!
Yup I started taking it again yesterday. I took it a bit in highschool and became well aware of the problems your face if you dont drink enough water. I went straight to the gym after working outsize all day in the summer on a farm in NOVA. I went to squat and on the third rep my hammy cramped, pulled failed and I fell. Thank god for the safety bars or else I would have had a 225 lb barbell land on me
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Yup I started taking it again yesterday. I took it a bit in highschool and became well aware of the problems your face if you dont drink enough water. I went straight to the gym after working outsize all day in the summer on a farm in NOVA. I went to squat and on the third rep my hammy cramped, pulled failed and I fell. Thank god for the safety bars or else I would have had a 225 lb barbell land on me
yeah thats not cool, having that creating taking all the water out of your system will make ya cramp up like a school girl thats why i still carry around a large ass deer park water jug even though im off it now
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
yeah thats not cool, having that creating taking all the water out of your system will make ya cramp up like a school girl thats why i still carry around a large ass deer park water jug even though im off it now
Ya the funny thing is, I drank over 200 ounces of water that day, but I guess I sweated it all out because I didn't pee much, but worked outside with a sledgehammer setting tents up all day in august
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
If ur back itches, take a tip from bears and use a tree or corner of a wall to scratch ur back.
I used to do that all the time haha
Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Update, I have started my very intense lifting routine and have practice twice a wekk that is going to whip me into shape pretty quickly. I'll take a pic next week