Notices

Cut my knee out already!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #42
NorthernTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Brandon
NorthernTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
*There. Sorry in advance for being an asshole.
Thanks for correcting my grammatical error. The nerve of me to overlook it. Not sure what I was thinking. Is it ok that I ended one of my sentences with a preposition?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #43
Kiss My IFS
yotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
yotarob2005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
*There. Sorry in advance for being an asshole.
You are an asshole, but we forgive you.

BTW, you are local... how come I've never met you? You never come to any of the meets?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #46
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
You are an asshole, but we forgive you.

BTW, you are local... how come I've never met you? You never come to any of the meets?

lol thanks.

I 'live' in College Station, but I'm actually only there a few months out of the year. I go to a private university outside of Austin. I always seem to have some sort of conflict whenever there's a meet! I vow to make it to one one of these days though!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #47
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Smile An Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
How has the knee been/doing?

It's ok

I just finished my last HA injection today.
For the last 3 weeks, my ortho shot a needle filled w/hyaluronic acid into the joint which is suppose to alleviate inflammation & increase synovial fluid production.
It feels good for a couple days but after the pain med wears off its back to normal meaning it doesn't bend due to no space between my femur & tibia anymore medial side.
Stability also is impaired due to missing my reconstructed ACL.
The last surgery confirmed that ligament at some point just deteriorated.
Grade 4 arthritis in 2 of its 3 comparments makes it past the point of reconstruction so......

I scheduled my replacement surgery for June 14th.
Finally made that decision after trying all the other treatments.
I can't bear full weight on that side & it's causing all kinds of other issues and makes me depressed.
The surgery/rehab will be tough but I'm not scared lol ... maybe alittle
Many have told me, even on TW, that I'll be asking myself after it's over..
why did I wait so long?

Soo...8 week countdown officially starts today ......
Old 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #48
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on getting the surgery scheduled.

The recovery will be tough, but you will be so happy when it's done. One of the ladies here had both her knee's done last year (not at the same time) and she is so glad she had it done. No pain afterwards when walking.

You know we'll all be for you.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the surgery! My dad had both knees done, now he walks better than me. Prayers sent
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #50
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
I really admire your courage.Group hug for you.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #51
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update Judy. T & P for good procedures and quick recovery. I'm in for the group hug
Old 04-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #52
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Congratulations on getting the surgery scheduled.

The recovery will be tough, but you will be so happy when it's done. One of the ladies here had both her knee's done last year (not at the same time) and she is so glad she had it done. No pain afterwards when walking.

You know we'll all be for you.
Thanks Susan! Good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
Good luck with the surgery! My dad had both knees done, now he walks better than me. Prayers sent
Thanks for the prayers Dan, they lift me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
I really admire your courage.Group hug for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Thanks for the update Judy. T & P for good procedures and quick recovery. I'm in for the group hug
Many thanks you guys & T/P help my spirit as well & will carry me thru. Love our TW family!
Hugs are good too.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #53
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
THAT SUCKS. i know how it feels to be immobile or unable to participate because of injury, but arthritis is just waking up like that every day. im sorry if it makes you feel any better i ran the mile the first time since i broke my ankle and screwed the ligaments. two sugerys later and lots of pain and i can run again.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 AM   #54
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Will be thinking about you Judy . I'm sure your surgery will go great and you will recover quickly!!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #55
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Hopefully you will get it fixed soon. I have already had 2 ACL reconstructive surgeries on the same knee. I woke up with that same feeling of not being able to bend it. It is all better now...the first doctor screwed up from Kaiser and with martial arts I had to get it done the second time.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #56
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
THAT SUCKS. i know how it feels to be immobile or unable to participate because of injury, but arthritis is just waking up like that every day. im sorry if it makes you feel any better i ran the mile the first time since i broke my ankle and screwed the ligaments. two sugerys later and lots of pain and i can run again.
That sounds very painful especially as a young athlete, it can hit you hard! Way to bounce back & thank you! I hope you feel better too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
Will be thinking about you Judy . I'm sure your surgery will go great and you will recover quickly!!
Thanks Kristin, yes keeping a positive outlook, in the grand scheme of things & what others endure I have a solution & am grateful to have a talented dr. & people to support me. Hope you are doing well too. I can remember you had to bounce back from some physical challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Hopefully you will get it fixed soon. I have already had 2 ACL reconstructive surgeries on the same knee. I woke up with that same feeling of not being able to bend it. It is all better now...the first doctor screwed up from Kaiser and with martial arts I had to get it done the second time.
Wow thanks for sharing, you know too when you want to compete or be active how it can mess with you not only physically but mentally as well. I hope the 2nd is the last & wish you the best in getting back to your martial arts.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #57
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
You're in my thoughts Judy, best of luck with the surgery. You'll be out jogging with Simon before you know it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #58
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
you're in my thoughts judy, best of luck with the surgery. You'll be out jogging with simon before you know it.
x2!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #59
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x2!
x3.....and i'll drink some good cold beers for ya Judy....it'll make your recovery time that much quicker.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #60
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Judy,
Good luck from a fellow New Englander!
I just had my left knee cleaned up (getting close to bone on bone) and had torn meniscus repaired again(2nd time in 6 months).

Denis