Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Cut my knee out already!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #121
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome news Judy! Enjoy the summer!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #122
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
That's awesome news! Glad to hear your doing well
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #123
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I had my 2 yr post op for my knee replacement today.
The doc said the implant x-rays looked great
Alignment looked great
My muscle structure has balanced
I can sleep at night, it can rain no pain, hike bike, ski, dance.
I can walk without a limp!
The doctor's incision technique does not cut up the front of the knee cap.
He did a 6-7" half moom shape incision off to the side of my patella.
That promoted greater range of motion and feels very natural not restrictive.
When I bend I do not feel it and you can hardly see it.
Do not have to see him for another 3 yrs!!

It has totally changed my life!
Way to go Judy. Glad your still on the straight and narrow.
Like you my surgery changed my life. I was almost in a wheelchair it hurt so bad and still cranking out work at the shop.
It's been like 3 years since mine and like others have said the miracles they can perform are amazing.
I have been there and I know what people go through and to hear successfully stories makes me happy. I'm blessed with a second chance and I'm taking advantage of it......
Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #125
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin had a complete knee replacement 11 weeks before the 4th of July.

He was boating and climbing the torturous 137 steps up the hill from the boat dock on the 4th.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing ...
Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #126
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
That is awesome news Judy! Enjoy the summer!
Thanks Dave, hope you are enjoying your summer too. It is a doozy! Stay cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
That's awesome news! Glad to hear your doing well
Thank you! You had knee troubles too right?
I think I remember reading about it.
I hope if I have it right your knees are doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
Way to go Judy. Glad your still on the straight and narrow.
Like you my surgery changed my life. I was almost in a wheelchair it hurt so bad and still cranking out work at the shop.
It's been like 3 years since mine and like others have said the miracles they can perform are amazing.
I have been there and I know what people go through and to hear successfully stories makes me happy. I'm blessed with a second chance and I'm taking advantage of it......
Thanks Mike!
All those painful times we have gone through but we got to the other side.
I count my blessings everyday too. Make em count!
Hope you have a good summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
GREAT NEWS!!!!
Thanks Susan hope all is well with you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
My cousin had a complete knee replacement 11 weeks before the 4th of July.

He was boating and climbing the torturous 137 steps up the hill from the boat dock on the 4th.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing ...
Glad to hear about your cousin!
Yeah it was the weirdest feeling for they make you walk on it and climb steps a day after the surgery.
I know all I wanted to do was ride my motorcycle.
The PT thought that was funny for not many ask that I guess
Thanks again for the kind words!