Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Cut my knee out already!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Cut my knee out already!

Just need to vent & officially start my knee replacement journey thread....

Today I woke up and my knee wouldn't bend. Well, its slightly bent. I would post a picture but I have stubble

This seriously puts a kink in my day. I've learn to live with all the pain from the degenerative arthritis, but when it won't bend, no matter how much I try & makes me cry then it really really really hurts.

My next ortho appt is July 14th. Had my MRI for the appliance fitting a week ago. The tech was like how do you walk on that leg? Well it gets dragged along....some days are easier than others. Its never stopped me from doing things I love or an excuse until today. Than I think of all my friends I served with who overcame injuries or worse or those who post hereabout the challenges in their lives. It helps give me a different perspective and know soon it will get fixed. I feel better already.......
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they can get you out of your pain soon and that you can be walking without any discomfort. Prayers are with you.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. Just now back to 100%ish from my surgery. Not as major as a replacement but I can relate! You will be back on your feet (pun) in no time. Modern medicine is fascinating!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynyx38 View Post
Hope they can get you out of your pain soon and that you can be walking without any discomfort. Prayers are with you.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
I feel your pain. Just now back to 100%ish from my surgery. Not as major as a replacement but I can relate! You will be back on your feet (pun) in no time. Modern medicine is fascinating!
Good to here you are 100% ish! Yeah it is pretty amazing and its all good. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
JonnyReb will become famous soon enough
JonnyReb's Tacoma Gallery
It is amazing what can be done indeed, lost the better part of my hand in a small explosion and now 5 years later i can honestly say it's every bit the equal of its counterpart. Modern medicine is incredible and soon you'll be reaping the benefits!!. Thoughts and prayers go out to you in hopes of a quick resolution..J
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The surgery will make you all better! I had to have 2 surgeries on my R knee....the last one was a full reconstructive job. Knee works great now.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey X, sorry about the knee, I didn't know you were having trouble with it. 2 of my friends have had total knee replacements, both are doing great. You wouldn't even know unless they told you. Golfing, hiking, mountain biking and even jogging don't seem to bother either of them. I hope the doc's can keep you comfy until your surgery, and I'm sure you'll be skiing and riding snowmobiles again this winter! Take care.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyReb View Post
It is amazing what can be done indeed, lost the better part of my hand in a small explosion and now 5 years later i can honestly say it's every bit the equal of its counterpart. Modern medicine is incredible and soon you'll be reaping the benefits!!. Thoughts and prayers go out to you in hopes of a quick resolution..J
Wow sorry to hear that happened and glad you have the use of your hand back!! Thank you for sharing and kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The surgery will make you all better! I had to have 2 surgeries on my R knee....the last one was a full reconstructive job. Knee works great now.
Good news on your knee Chris and gives me hope too! Thank you!!

All you guys are great and help!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya they completely rebuilt it and all i have now is a 1" scar on the front and back of it!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ya they completely rebuilt it and all i have now is a 1" scar on the front and back of it!
WOW! Thats a nice small scare! Mines about 5 or 6" long....and about 3/4" wide..
Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
WOW! Thats a nice small scare! Mines about 5 or 6" long....and about 3/4" wide..
This is all it took

Attachment 28484
Old 06-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #12

Quote:
This is all it took

Attachment 28484
Wow...Good job!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
You'll get that knee hopping in no time. We'll send you some prayers, and till it gets better, just jump right here on your thread and vent a little any time. We're all ears............
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Hey X, sorry about the knee, I didn't know you were having trouble with it. 2 of my friends have had total knee replacements, both are doing great. You wouldn't even know unless they told you. Golfing, hiking, mountain biking and even jogging don't seem to bother either of them. I hope the doc's can keep you comfy until your surgery, and I'm sure you'll be skiing and riding snowmobiles again this winter! Take care.
Thanks OTG yeah that is what killed my career so I tried to keep living life despite the injury. Thats good news you report!! I'll be happy to do all that minus the golfing & jogging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
You'll get that knee hopping in no time. We'll send you some prayers, and till it gets better, just jump right here on your thread and vent a little any time. We're all ears............
Great pic HT!! Simon liked it big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out
thanks FM for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Sorry Ive been out lately.........Hope everything works out for ya X! Modern medicine is great, just finding a non-arrogant doctor who wants to help is a pain.
Thanks WP I know you would know!! I met that guy yesterday at the ER for I was seriously hurting so went because I didn't know what to do, thought they could drain it or call the ortho on call. I guess I expected too much.

He said in this monotone deadpan look "what do you want me to do you are on track for a replacement & we do not issue narcotics."

I so wanted to in good ol BrianR fashion kick him in the stones but I hurt too bad asked for a pair of crutches and moved out. Calling my ortho today for its still like a balloon & not ever been this way
Old 06-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear this Judy!

Hope you feel better.

Hugs and pets from me and Lily.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less

thanks Brian
hugs for you and lily both too.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
I so wanted to in good ol BrianR fashion, kick him in the stones

ahahaha, I just caught that.

thanks for the homeage, Judy!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #19
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
ahahaha, I just caught that.

thanks for the homeage, Judy!

no problemo
it was the truth!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #20
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Hang in there Judy.Soon this will be behind you.