Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

POP! Something in my hand....

Old 06-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
POP! Something in my hand....

A couple months ago I was squeezing, twisting, and trying to pull some weeds out. I guess I don't know my own strength (or should've got something to pry the bitch out - laugh).

My hand went POP!!! I pulled it up right away and was like...What the hell?? The pop & pain was in the center of my palm and down near the wrist.
It hurt pretty bad and scared me at first because I had limited movement. I went in and put ice on it for about 10 minutes. I finally got movement in my hand but it was still somewhat 'numbish' feeling at that point. I started taking ibruprofen & such and went about my business. It ached pretty good for an entire week even after taking ibuprofen all week. After that first week....it felt normal.

I use my hands constantly at work. And for the past 2 months - there's not a day that goes by that I don't stress it and feel the pain. It's not any one movement.... it's a variety of movements where I restrain or pull whatever it is.

Anyone have any hand injuries like this? PUlled tendons?

Argh...crikey....
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sucks, I wonder what happened? Did you see a doctor?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
Thats sucks, I wonder what happened? Did you see a doctor?
Not yet... It's hard enough trying to get an appointment with them when I work 1st shift. It's not that bad, just when I pull it while doing certain things.

I should call and make an appointment.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Imuna go with get it checked out even tho I popped something in the back of my arm where it connects to the shoulder gettin up water skiing & purpled up the backside of my upper arm & continued skiing that day & the next. Went to one doc who just told me nothing was torn but something is outta whak a bit & still haven't gone to have another have a look see. Make ya a deal, you go & I'll go get mine checked too...........
Old 06-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the tendon off the top of the knukle, of my middle finger, a few years back. Not even sure how I did it ,but it hurt like a bitch.

Every time you have any side movement it would pop down between my fingers...yeeeooow

The doc said I had a choice of tie it to the adjacent fingers for about a month or surgery........I chose to tie it down.

It has healed, but I can tell it is def not the way it used to be
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to a little push from Wolfpak.... (Thanks man, I really did need that little push to get things moving)

I made an appointment with the doc and just got back from it.

They really can't do much, as my symptoms are so varied with movements and no localized pain to tell them about...

I figured its a pulled ligament or something which could take forever to heal especially if I keep using it and keep pulling it.

They told me to buy a hand support/splint thing and take ibuprofen/Aleve for 2 weeks. If it's not better by then, then an MRI.

I went to the drug store and bought this hand support thing.
http://www.futuro-usa.com/images/product/product_14.jpg
Which, to be completely honest, doesn't seem that it offers that much support. I might use some guaze wrap underneath it for more support. If anything, it'll be a constant reminder to 'be careful' and not use my hand as much.

Getting old isn't fun....I swear, the older I get the more visits to the doc I make.

Thanks guys! My hands are far too important to let this type of thing 'go'.
Now where's my Aleve?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
A couple months ago I was squeezing, twisting, and trying to pull some weeds out. I guess I don't know my own strength (or should've got something to pry the bitch out - laugh).

My hand went POP!!! I pulled it up right away and was like...What the hell?? The pop & pain was in the center of my palm and down near the wrist.
It hurt pretty bad and scared me at first because I had limited movement. I went in and put ice on it for about 10 minutes. I finally got movement in my hand but it was still somewhat 'numbish' feeling at that point. I started taking ibruprofen & such and went about my business. It ached pretty good for an entire week even after taking ibuprofen all week. After that first week....it felt normal.

I use my hands constantly at work. And for the past 2 months - there's not a day that goes by that I don't stress it and feel the pain. It's not any one movement.... it's a variety of movements where I restrain or pull whatever it is.

Anyone have any hand injuries like this? PUlled tendons?

Argh...crikey....
Sounds like you pinched a nerve Jan.