Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

My "Power Walk"

Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
My "Power Walk"

At my driveway. Destination: that hill out yonder to the right of Sutro Tower

Halfway there!

The "Moraga Steps"-all 168 of them!

At the top of the "turtle"! I had to climb another 172 steps to reach the top-totalling 340 steps!

That long strip of green is Golden Gate Park

LOOK! My home is down there!! Looking Northwest.

All total, the walk is exactly two miles with a couple 30% grades a block long each and 340 steps. Not bad for a guy who is 245lbs and has a bloodclot in his arm, no? Doc says I can walk and raise my heartrate a bit, so I will do this walk once a week, and a regular walk every other day to stay fit
Old 06-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
nice, very nice, is that the golden gate in the last picture?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you Ridge, keep up the good work!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
At my driveway. Destination: that hill out yonder to the right of Sutro Tower

Halfway there!

The "Moraga Steps"-all 168 of them!

At the top of the "turtle"! I had to climb another 172 steps to reach the top-totalling 340 steps!

That long strip of green is Golden Gate Park

LOOK! My home is down there!! Looking Northwest.

All total, the walk is exactly two miles with a couple 30% grades a block long each and 340 steps. Not bad for a guy who is 245lbs and has a bloodclot in his arm, no? Doc says I can walk and raise my heartrate a bit, so I will do this walk once a week, and a regular walk every other day to stay fit
If was in SF, I'd join ya!!! Actually looks like fun!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
nice, very nice, is that the golden gate in the last picture?
Hi Ed in the next-to-last pic the GG Bridge is at the top right.

Thanks a lot guys
Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hi Ed in the next-to-last pic the GG Bridge is at the top right.

Thanks a lot guys
the last picture didn't showed for me the first time lol, so yea in the last to last pic
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
nice walk. It actually made me think about exercising.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
the last picture didn't showed for me the first time lol, so yea in the last to last pic
I'm a rookie with the pic thing so I put 'em in 1 at a time

Hey Pster-it is really fun for sure. You get a hell of a workout and the payoff is that view.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
yeah, it does got you thinking huh?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome view, great pics. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Yeah it really is it's definately a way to "stop and smell the roses"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Good for you Ridge, keep up the good work!
Thanks OTG!! I will do that
Quote:
Go for it Rob! It can only help ya and give you that feeling of accomplishment
Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd feel a lot more accomplished if I took a little nap when I got home.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
What is that high spot or knoll in GG park?
You can see 19th ave (State Route 1) cutting into the park and curving right into that incline-it's just a hill with tons of forestation I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynyx38 View Post
Awesome view, great pics. Keep up the good work.
Thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #16

Quote:
I'd feel a lot more accomplished if I took a little nap when I got home.
I think I saw that coming
Old 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What a beutiful city!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #18
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
nice that your exercising, but DAMN look at that rat race. What is there about 4" between houses?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What a beutiful city!
No doubt Chris Taking it in whilst I can you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
nice that your exercising, but DAMN look at that rat race. What is there about 4" between houses?
They are CONNECTED Wild!! Imagine having a million dollar home, you're relaxing in your living room and BOOM!! The neighbor's bitchy daughter kicks their front door shut with her foot and makes you fly out of your chair!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #20
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that is a nice view and those steps are awesome. Wish we had a places like that to walk in Vegas . Keep it up!
Crazy how the houses are connected though!