Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I just got a boil cut open and drained, how long will i be out for?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Banned
TACOmaBELL is on a distinguished road
TACOmaBELL's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy I just got a boil cut open and drained, how long will i be out for?

it started as a little bug bite then it got infected and turned into a carbuncle or a boil and it hurt like a bitch. this was 4 days ago. and today, i got it numbed, cut open, and drained, and i must say, it felt like i gave birth to an elephant child. but the doctor prescribed me antibiotics so the cut doesnt get infected and some tylenol but i wanna know approx how long ill be out of action. hopefully itll be before next wednesday because im going to destin then
please help!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
give it a week to heal. did they put a wick in or a cloth type in the boil? if they did, that should keep it from closing up and cause any other problems. where was the boil at>?|
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
give it a week to heal. did they put a wick in or a cloth type in the boil? if they did, that should keep it from closing up and cause any other problems. where was the boil at>?|
i dont know what they did
they told me not to look at it
but they put some antibiotic stuff on it and they put a gauze thing on it.
it was right on my right hip.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
did they tell u to keep it moist? the antibiotic will do that but keeping the wound moist will help it heal with less scarring
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
did they tell u to keep it moist? the antibiotic will do that but keeping the wound moist will help it heal with less scarring
the doctor just said to keep re-dressing it and when i take it off to just pinch it a little bit and let the blood seep out. he never said anything about keeping it moist
but thanks for that
ill go do it
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #6
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what I mentioned about 1-2 weeks of healing. That wick or gauze that was inserted in the incision is to stop it from closing on its own. Since it was infected, it has to drain and close from the inside out. I see this a lot, it's my job. Just try to keep it clean and dry as good as you can.