Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Creatine

Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
Creatine

Anyone ever used it?

If so....

Drink mixes or pills?

Did you take it before or after working out?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Muscle milk!!! Hgh!!!! Muscles!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Me and my wife are just starting p90x.

I worked out quite a bit in highschool, bc i was involved with sports. But, that was 6 years ago.

Im thin.....6'0 145'ish. Just want to get my "cutness" back.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
creatine i use liquid, post work out
Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I used it during my workouts, powdered drink mixes. I saw great results.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Coastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate/PSU 309
Name: Andy
Coastie Joe's Tacoma Gallery
I always took it after so your muscles absorb it after the workout... The only thing with that stuff is drink tons of water... its has been said to crystallize in kidneys... I wouldnt take the pill for cause it can mess up the lining of your stomach if not taken properly... I am a BSN fan...Nitrix twice a day... Then N.O. Explode a hlaf hour before the workout... Then Cell mass after or during the workout... And Protien drink supplements for later...
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Creatine increases the amount of water your muscle cells can contains, thereby making them larger (stronger). However, too much creatine can build up in your liver and kidneys and cause extensive renal problems. I took it for several years while I was a cop, I went from 165 to 185 in 4 years but as soon as I stopped taking it, I lost a lot of muscle mass. FYI: You need to keep your protein intake VERY high to continue the muscle building process, this can cause Prostate trouble.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
Dont judge me
Justin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Justin
Justin723's Tacoma Gallery
I've been taking creatine before workouts for the past 3 years, (creatine micronized) is the best you can take. Its better to take powder and nothing that has flavoring in it. FYI creatine only allows your body to retain water, and yes you can lose whatever water weight you gained but not your actuall muscle.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
jholland52 is on a distinguished road
jholland52's Tacoma Gallery
I take no-xplode like one month on and one month off, the only reason i really take it is because it gives me more energy while i work out. Like coastie joe said you have to drink a lot of water when you take it i think it recommends 160 ounces a day or something. Never hurts to try it.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
Go Braves!

thanks for all the responses.

Never ventured into this kind of stuff....always thought about.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I use the same stuff as this guy, but I take the no explode first thing in the morning and again a half hour before the work out, with cell mass after. Before you get into the supps which are expensive, I hope you know how to work out to grow, or how to rip, cause ifyour just going in without a plan on what to do, your wasting your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Joe View Post
I always took it after so your muscles absorb it after the workout... The only thing with that stuff is drink tons of water... its has been said to crystallize in kidneys... I wouldnt take the pill for cause it can mess up the lining of your stomach if not taken properly... I am a BSN fan...Nitrix twice a day... Then N.O. Explode a hlaf hour before the workout... Then Cell mass after or during the workout... And Protien drink supplements for later...
Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #13
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
doc told me not to take it because it has the potential of messing up kidneys and liver. so i stay away from it
Old 07-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
I don't take creatine myself, but because of this thread I wanted to do a little physiological research since there are many different opinions on it. Here's what I've come to find out.

For those of you who say creatine increases the amount of water your muscle can hold, thereby making them stronger: Creatine serves as a source of potential energy. The increase of water you need to drink only facilitates the breakdown of creatine, releasing ATP (pure energy for every single cell in the body). Your muscle cells use this ATP to contract, tear and rebuild larger cells. Myofibril strength is not a function of how full of fluid they are, but rather the number of cells there are.

If taken orally, it needs to be absorbed in the blood stream before your muscles can even use it. The intestines is where nutrients are absorbed and it takes at least 15-20 minutes to reach that far after the stomach. Those of you who are taking this stuff during or after the work out are missing out on the benefits. You should take them some time before the workout. Creatine facilitates muscle contraction and does no good if it's not there by the time you start the workout. Brunes has the right idea.

Increase your protein only in moderation. Most commonly, it leads to kidney stones but also can cause heart disease, stroke and osteoporosis.
Your body only needs 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight. To calculate the exact amount you need, multiply your ideal weight by 0.36. This will give you your optimum daily protein requirement in grams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin723 View Post
yes you can lose whatever water weight you gained but not your actuall muscle.
Can you clarify on this please?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so basically it increases your water weight right? the muscle has a build up of bulgy water muscle
Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
creatine i use liquid, post work out
x2...N O Explode makes some tastey stuff! I'd mix it w/ skim milk and it was awesome. I noticed huge results w/ that stuff but as soon as I stopped taking it, I shrank lol...prolly cause creatine makes you retain water...
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
so basically it increases your water weight right? the muscle has a build up of bulgy water muscle
Crash course in Physiology 101. Cells in the human body have a cell membrane that is porous and malleable. They have a homeostasis in regards to fluid. That said, they all have their own size they like to be in at any given time. If you drink a lot of water, your cells will fill up to their normal size and stop. Any excess water you ingest, goes into your bladder and into your toilet. Conversely, if you are dehydrated, your cells will look like shriveled latex water balloons.

Muscle size is a factor of thickening proteins (Actin and Myosin, not the regular protein you can take as a supplement), cells breaking down, rebuilding new segments to bridge the tear and generating new muscle strands. Water has nothing to do with how big muscles are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I noticed huge results w/ that stuff but as soon as I stopped taking it, I shrank lol...prolly cause creatine makes you retain water...
Your body naturally produces Creatine (I think it was in the liver? I'll have to check). I read some studies earlier today (I'll have to check back on those references too) that suggested that if you increase Blood Creatine orally, the body for unknown reasons decreases the amount it makes itself to compensate for the increase. So I'm guessing when you stopped taking it by mouth, you were left with the lower amounts your body was making.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
doc told me not to take it because it has the potential of messing up kidneys and liver. so i stay away from it
X2. Just work out longer and harder.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #19

however i am going to start an organic whey blend protein from NOW sports sometime soon
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
HSG100 is on a distinguished road

HSG100's Tacoma Gallery
Dont use straight creatine. Not good in the long run for your muscles and other body parts. I reccomend soemthing like monster max. It has some creatine but mostly protein. I dont use anything, i eat right and keep it real. But i'm not tryin to gain to much muscle just gettin toned, I play hockey need to be fast and agile.