1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Creatine

Discussion in 'Health' started by blake1012, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    blake1012

blake1012 [OP] Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    Anyone ever used it?

If so....

Drink mixes or pills?

Did you take it before or after working out?

2. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    Muscle milk!!! Hgh!!!! Muscles!!!

3. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I took ATP/Creatine in a liquid dropper when I was in high school...for one season. And I saw no gains from it over a natural work out and good nutrition.

I'd take it before...cause the ATP was to help with energy for the work out.

4. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    blake1012

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    Me and my wife are just starting p90x.

I worked out quite a bit in highschool, bc i was involved with sports. But, that was 6 years ago.

Im thin.....6'0 145'ish. Just want to get my "cutness" back.

5. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    creatine i use liquid, post work out

6. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I used it during my workouts, powdered drink mixes. I saw great results.

7. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    Coastie Joe

Coastie Joe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    NM
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Off Road
    I always took it after so your muscles absorb it after the workout... The only thing with that stuff is drink tons of water... its has been said to crystallize in kidneys... I wouldnt take the pill for cause it can mess up the lining of your stomach if not taken properly... I am a BSN fan...Nitrix twice a day... Then N.O. Explode a hlaf hour before the workout... Then Cell mass after or during the workout... And Protien drink supplements for later...

8. Jul 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Creatine increases the amount of water your muscle cells can contains, thereby making them larger (stronger). However, too much creatine can build up in your liver and kidneys and cause extensive renal problems. I took it for several years while I was a cop, I went from 165 to 185 in 4 years but as soon as I stopped taking it, I lost a lot of muscle mass. FYI: You need to keep your protein intake VERY high to continue the muscle building process, this can cause Prostate trouble.

9. Jul 7, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Justin723

Justin723 Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    I've been taking creatine before workouts for the past 3 years, (creatine micronized) is the best you can take. Its better to take powder and nothing that has flavoring in it. FYI creatine only allows your body to retain water, and yes you can lose whatever water weight you gained but not your actuall muscle.

10. Jul 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    jholland52

jholland52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bothell WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Trimmed mud flaps, blue headlights and fog lights, flowmaster muffler, K&N drop in filter.... plenty more to come!
    I take no-xplode like one month on and one month off, the only reason i really take it is because it gives me more energy while i work out. Like coastie joe said you have to drink a lot of water when you take it i think it recommends 160 ounces a day or something. Never hurts to try it.

11. Jul 7, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    blake1012

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    thanks for all the responses.

Never ventured into this kind of stuff....always thought about.

12. Jul 7, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    mainland_newfie

mainland_newfie Mainland Newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    skid plate, side step rails, new rims, hose clamp, 20% tint, G4 Tonneau cover, JVC 7 in double din stereo/dvd
    I use the same stuff as this guy, but I take the no explode first thing in the morning and again a half hour before the work out, with cell mass after. Before you get into the supps which are expensive, I hope you know how to work out to grow, or how to rip, cause ifyour just going in without a plan on what to do, your wasting your money.

13. Jul 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    doc told me not to take it because it has the potential of messing up kidneys and liver. so i stay away from it

14. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    EMR

EMR Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tx Pro
    I don't take creatine myself, but because of this thread I wanted to do a little physiological research since there are many different opinions on it. Here's what I've come to find out.

For those of you who say creatine increases the amount of water your muscle can hold, thereby making them stronger: Creatine serves as a source of potential energy. The increase of water you need to drink only facilitates the breakdown of creatine, releasing ATP (pure energy for every single cell in the body). Your muscle cells use this ATP to contract, tear and rebuild larger cells. Myofibril strength is not a function of how full of fluid they are, but rather the number of cells there are.

If taken orally, it needs to be absorbed in the blood stream before your muscles can even use it. The intestines is where nutrients are absorbed and it takes at least 15-20 minutes to reach that far after the stomach. Those of you who are taking this stuff during or after the work out are missing out on the benefits. You should take them some time before the workout. Creatine facilitates muscle contraction and does no good if it's not there by the time you start the workout. Brunes has the right idea.

Increase your protein only in moderation. Most commonly, it leads to kidney stones but also can cause heart disease, stroke and osteoporosis.
    Your body only needs 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight. To calculate the exact amount you need, multiply your ideal weight by 0.36. This will give you your optimum daily protein requirement in grams.

Can you clarify on this please? :confused:

15. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    so basically it increases your water weight right? the muscle has a build up of bulgy water muscle

16. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    x2...N O Explode makes some tastey stuff! I'd mix it w/ skim milk and it was awesome. I noticed huge results w/ that stuff but as soon as I stopped taking it, I shrank lol...prolly cause creatine makes you retain water...:p

17. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    EMR

EMR Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tx Pro
    Crash course in Physiology 101. Cells in the human body have a cell membrane that is porous and malleable. They have a homeostasis in regards to fluid. That said, they all have their own size they like to be in at any given time. If you drink a lot of water, your cells will fill up to their normal size and stop. Any excess water you ingest, goes into your bladder and into your toilet. Conversely, if you are dehydrated, your cells will look like shriveled latex water balloons.

Muscle size is a factor of thickening proteins (Actin and Myosin, not the regular protein you can take as a supplement), cells breaking down, rebuilding new segments to bridge the tear and generating new muscle strands. Water has nothing to do with how big muscles are.

Your body naturally produces Creatine (I think it was in the liver? I'll have to check). I read some studies earlier today (I'll have to check back on those references too) that suggested that if you increase Blood Creatine orally, the body for unknown reasons decreases the amount it makes itself to compensate for the increase. So I'm guessing when you stopped taking it by mouth, you were left with the lower amounts your body was making.

18. Jul 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2. Just work out longer and harder. :D

19. Jul 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    however i am going to start an organic whey blend protein from NOW sports sometime soon

20. Jul 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    HSG100

HSG100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab SR5
    Dont use straight creatine. Not good in the long run for your muscles and other body parts. I reccomend soemthing like monster max. It has some creatine but mostly protein. I dont use anything, i eat right and keep it real. But i'm not tryin to gain to much muscle just gettin toned, I play hockey need to be fast and agile.

Products Discussed in

To Top