1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help with smoking habit!!

Discussion in 'Health' started by BigBawlzTaco, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    im 16 and i go 2 packs of camel reds a day :(
    so much money, and i tried going lights but i couldnt make it through a day of school without throwing up. and nicotine gum didnt work for me..
    any suggestions from the guys that quit??
    i spent more money on tobacco than my own truck.
    i started when i was 12 and then it got even worse when i hit 14. it went from like 2 a day to like a pack and a half a day. and back then i used to smoke marlboro lights and somehow i ended up doing camel reds. i hate it, its disgusting. the harder i try the harder it is to quit. HELP ME!!!:help::goingcrazy:

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Man I'm sorry to hear this. My friend just quit cold turkey. But his girlfriend was a good motivation for this.

I know it sounds stupid, but maybe complete willpower to quit will help.

3. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Best advice that you can get right there. About the only thing that will allow you to quit those cancer sticks is the shear willpower and determination of a man who actually has the willpower to quit, not a man who talks about quiting.

Good luck on kicking the habit. 2 packs of Reds at your age is definitely not good for your health and can cause life long habits that will really be a bitch to kick down the road. My advice would be to sit down and write up a plan. Cut your smoking by half for about two weeks, then cut it by another half for a week and then quit COLD turkey. Good luck, and quit while you can.

Products Discussed in

To Top