Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Hangover Recovery

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
LoL. Normally, I would have said the same thing.

But unfortunately, I don't feel to well right now.

Eat that burger, take some headache medicine and take a nap.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
arod is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
arod's Tacoma Gallery
At least you have options now LOL
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
Pedialyte works great!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Myth Busters: The New Year's Hangover

Found some more info. So after reading this, a guess time will only do it.
Quote:
New Year's Eve is a time of celebration for billions of people around the world. For many, the celebration comes to an abrupt and nauseating end when they wake up the next day and experience the "New Years Hangover."
People have always tried to cure the hangover with homemade or over-the-counter treatments in an effort to alleviate those nasty symptoms of overindulgence. Yet, health officials all say the same thing, "Those things don't work."
Laurin Sydney joined us on "Good Morning America" on Saturday to talk about the myths and facts on how to cure a hangover.

Myths And Facts

Myths and facts about sobering up and "curing" hangovers, from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism:

Myth: Drink coffee. Caffeine will sober you up.
Fact: The body needs time to metabolize alcohol and even more time to return to normal. There are no trick cures; only time will help.
Myth: Take aspirin and drink a lot of water at bedtime to prevent a hangover.
Fact: Water helps with dehydration, but aspirin can make your stomach hurt, and acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be toxic to a liver soaked with alcohol.
Myth: Eat before going to sleep to soak up the alcohol and prevent nausea.
Fact: Food does more the morning after, especially foods with complex carbohydrates (such as cereals and breads) that help replenish blood sugar and ease an upset stomach.
Myth: A morning drink will help cure a hangover (the "hair of the dog" theory).
Fact: This short-term "cure" only feels good because your brain is reacting to alcohol. You can get back to normal only by getting alcohol out of your system.

How To Avoid Hangovers

MedLinePlus.gov offers these tips to avoid a hangover:

The obvious: don't drink alcohol.

Drink slowly and on a full stomach.
Drink only in moderation. (The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism recommends that women have no more than one drink per day and men no more than two drinks per day. One drink is defined as a 12-ounce bottle of beer; a 4-ounce glass of wine; or a 1 1/2-ounce shot of liquor.)

Drink a glass of water in between drinks containing alcohol. This will help you drink less alcohol and will also decrease the dehydration associated with drinking alcohol.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I try to drink a gallon of water before going to bed to help prevent a hangover. Usually works great although you have to get up to pee during the night or even worse waking up to a wet bed. lol
Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
A glass of water and advil before you go to bed/pass out. One or two glass of water and advil when you wake up...Then a nice greasy cheeseburger from whataburger...And then throughout the rest of the day I always have a glass of gatorade with me until I feel better.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #27
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
When I wake up and feel like death, I take some tylenol drink so water and go eat something. Wait about an hour and you will feel like a champ.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Best way is to keep hydrated... drink a lot of water before drinking, before you go to bed and in the morning...

usually works...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #30
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
"The hair of the dog that bit me the night before" was always a cure for me--Before I got sober. Now, 14 years clean/sober, I've found that it's best to practice complete abstinence. I wake up feeling like a new man every day.

(Not judging, or lecturing) Just wanted to share how nice sobriety is.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #31
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Depends on the Drink that caused the hangover. The BEST cure I had was a friend gave me an IV after I was drunk. I think it was Saline......whatever they give to rehydrate....ANyway, Next morning I was fine. That was a great cure for some mixed drinking. Now....Jagermiester is a bit different. I seemed to not be affected by it intil I turned 35. Now, If I get drunk from it, the hang over it gives, Im pretty sure can only be cured with death. Or a BIG greasy half cooked cheeseburger.....but....same thing.
Yeah it was most likely D50 which will rehydrate you in a few seconds!! D50 is sweeeeeeet!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #32
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Wanna hear a total mood killer?

I found a bag of throw-up in the back of my truck. It was mine.

Oh, and do you know how much of a power increase your truck has when you are hung over? WoW!

That burger helped. Had some french fries too!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #33
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
wow you guys are some light weights. i can pound certain beers all night long, and just have to piss really bad. Others, I can pound them and feel great the next morning. Only once in my life have I gotten a hang over, and it wasnt even that bad. A few hours out in the hot sun and I was feeling great.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #34
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Drink plenty of water before you go to bed. Start were you left off the night before.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #35
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ LoL. Pounding beers feels my gut up before I get drunk.

I was drinking Limon, Malibu, and Miller High Life. MHL was for the pong. The others were for fun.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #36
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
^^^ LoL. Pounding beers feels my gut up before I get drunk.

I was drinking Limon, Malibu, and Miller High Life. MHL was for the pong. The others were for fun.
depends on what you drink. I can only drink maybe a 6 pack of sam adams before I am so full I cant drink any more.

lite beers i can pound, some of the miller stuff also.

Miller lime is a good one, but it makes me shart the next am
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #37
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Lol! A 6 pack of amber by myself all night while playing guitar hero is great. My hangover cure was just a powerade ibuprofin and a nap
Old 07-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #38
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
wow you guys are some light weights. i can pound certain beers all night long, and just have to piss really bad. Others, I can pound them and feel great the next morning. Only once in my life have I gotten a hang over, and it wasnt even that bad. A few hours out in the hot sun and I was feeling great.
Thats normally called alcoholism. HAHAA, Just messin. Come on your a FF, we all know FF's can drink beer no problem!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #39

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Thats normally called alcoholism. HAHAA, Just messin. Come on your a FF, we all know FF's can drink beer no problem!!!