1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hangover Recovery

Discussion in 'Health' started by Untamed_SS, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    LOL! That's what we ALL say. Then of course by late afternoon, its time to start cracking beers again.

2. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, dc long bed speedway blue
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 13.5'' JL Sub (13TW5v2-2) and 500w Rockford Fosgate amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    fwiw, i dont know how many people are still into the thread, but whater is the only thing that scientifically cures a hangover, the reason you have a hangover is because theres not enough water in you're body to run you're krebs cycle, resulting in a huge ass headache, drinking water dilutes the amount of alcohol ppm (parts per million) in you're blood, which in return helps sober you up. The more water in you're system, the more dilute the alcohol is. This is why they say "big guys" can drink more, one of the reason is because they have more fluid in their body compared to someone half their size meaning more alcohol is needed to reach a higher concentration of alcohol in the blood.

For me, mixing beer and liquor is fine, i do it all the time and i never have a problem with it so i think its more of a mental/stomach thing for some people. The best way to kick a hangover, is to not get one by drinking water before bed. This ensures that you will stay hydrated throughout the course of the night, even though you will have to piss a few times, and you should not get a hangover, unless you're too drunk to drink water or not enough haha then you will still get one. Its also good to eat breakfast in the morning, even if you have to force something small down, just to get the systems online and going if you know what i mean, helps you detox faster.

3. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Took the words right outta my mouth. THe first one after a hangover usually taste funny to me. Almost like its skunked. Then the rest are goood

4. Jul 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    One Word: Sleep!

Iv'e had some major hangovers and they are EVIL when you can't sleep in. If you have the luxury of sleeping in, if and when you wake up the next morning, drink some water or gatorade and go right back to sleep. Sleep through that storm if possible. If not, Menudo, Menudo, Menudo!!

No, Not Menudo as in the group ricky martin was once in. Menudo as in the delicious, hangover curing mexican soup. It's not for people with a weak stomach though (no pun intended).. If you know Menudo, you know why i just said no pun intended...

5. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    someone may have already mentioned it but what ALWAYS works for me is drinking airborne. you know those tablets you drop in the water then dissolve. their just full of vitamins and minerals.

6. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    thank you guys for this thread, i thought this didnt exist because everyone was hung the f*** over this morning.. eek.

7. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS [OP] Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    I'm gonna be using this thread's contents on the College Station Meet!!!1

LOL :D

Products Discussed in

To Top