Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Hangover Recovery

Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #61
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"i'm never drinkin again"
LOL! That's what we ALL say. Then of course by late afternoon, its time to start cracking beers again.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #62
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
fwiw, i dont know how many people are still into the thread, but whater is the only thing that scientifically cures a hangover, the reason you have a hangover is because theres not enough water in you're body to run you're krebs cycle, resulting in a huge ass headache, drinking water dilutes the amount of alcohol ppm (parts per million) in you're blood, which in return helps sober you up. The more water in you're system, the more dilute the alcohol is. This is why they say "big guys" can drink more, one of the reason is because they have more fluid in their body compared to someone half their size meaning more alcohol is needed to reach a higher concentration of alcohol in the blood.

For me, mixing beer and liquor is fine, i do it all the time and i never have a problem with it so i think its more of a mental/stomach thing for some people. The best way to kick a hangover, is to not get one by drinking water before bed. This ensures that you will stay hydrated throughout the course of the night, even though you will have to piss a few times, and you should not get a hangover, unless you're too drunk to drink water or not enough haha then you will still get one. Its also good to eat breakfast in the morning, even if you have to force something small down, just to get the systems online and going if you know what i mean, helps you detox faster.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #63
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
Then of course by late afternoon, its time to start cracking beers again.
Took the words right outta my mouth. THe first one after a hangover usually taste funny to me. Almost like its skunked. Then the rest are goood
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #64
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
One Word: Sleep!

Iv'e had some major hangovers and they are EVIL when you can't sleep in. If you have the luxury of sleeping in, if and when you wake up the next morning, drink some water or gatorade and go right back to sleep. Sleep through that storm if possible. If not, Menudo, Menudo, Menudo!!

No, Not Menudo as in the group ricky martin was once in. Menudo as in the delicious, hangover curing mexican soup. It's not for people with a weak stomach though (no pun intended).. If you know Menudo, you know why i just said no pun intended...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #65
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
someone may have already mentioned it but what ALWAYS works for me is drinking airborne. you know those tablets you drop in the water then dissolve. their just full of vitamins and minerals.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #67
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna be using this thread's contents on the College Station Meet!!!1

LOL