Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I still need help with my smoking habit.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation I still need help with my smoking habit.

i posted up a thread explaining my problem. but for those who dont know, im 16, i go about 2 packs a day. camel reds. and then i went to newports. after a week of those my lungs felt like they were about to break off after running half a mile. and now im just with marlboro lights. to a pack and a half a day. but i just got back inside from smoking and after my last drag, i had a horrible cough i spit out some gunk and i could taste that slight iron taste from blood. im gettin real scared an di need to quit NOW. any advice please?!?!?!!?
will power isnt working for me.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Um...... stop buying them is a start.
x2

Also = more mod money. Maybe I should quit drinking.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what can help you man, but i used to smoke, not as much as you, but the day i had with it i just stopped smoking, it was a quick decision me and my gf (now wife) took, I advice you to find a bud who wants to do the same and so you can be supportive to each other, try to avoid scenarios that will make you want to smoke, i know its hard, but its for your own health
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Um...... stop buying them is a start.

its pretty bad if i dont do it though.
i get major migraines and i cant sleep at night. and sometimes i just pop one and light it without noticing. its a horrible habit. and i hate the money i put into it.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
You just have to stop doing it...cold turkey. Many people have done this, and if you really want to quite, you can too.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
See your Dr. for a prescription. My sister got one and kicked it withing 3 weeks for some drug who's name I can't remember...... but thats what Dr.'s are for.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
Nate794 is a jewel in the roughNate794 is a jewel in the roughNate794 is a jewel in the roughNate794 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nate
Nate794's Tacoma Gallery
how are you even getting them if your 16??
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
Professional Paperweight
SaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to beholdSaturnXL is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jeff
SaturnXL's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SaturnXL
I've known a few people who seem to have quit overnight.

The only things that seemed to work permanently is (a) they realized what it'll do to their family/loved ones if this habit caused them to die before their time, or (b) they dedicate their effort to the memory of someone of great importance in their life who has already. It's all about finding the right motivation. Most people are more worried about hurting the ones they care about.

Best of luck... my prayers are with you.

Also... make sure you stay away. I've also known plenty of good people to start up again, just having the occasional "social" one.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the Dr. prescribed meds can help. Also, try chewing gum or something else like tic tacs or chewing on a mint toothpick. Those are some of the things that have helped people I know quit.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 AM   #12
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
The prescription is Chantix...
http://www.chantix.com/

Zyban is another...
http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessati...itting-smoking

Then there is the nicotine patch & nicotine gum & lozenges...
http://www.nicodermcq.com/Quit.aspx
http://www.nicorette.com/Quit.aspx
http://www.commitlozenge.com/Quit.aspx
Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #13
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
YOUR GOING TO DIE! QUIT SMOKING IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you my friend.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate794 View Post
how are you even getting them if your 16??
georgia man, hey mistering is really easy. and plus some of my buddies are 18 or older. so. yeah, it sucks because i can get them extremely easily.
and cold turkey??
tried it, i couldnt go through a day. it was just too bad, and the prescription, isnt that for like people 18 years or older???
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #15
BigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of light

BigJLarse83's Tacoma Gallery
Go see your doctor and get them to prescribe you some Chantix. It works really well. My aunt quit smoking after 40 years and many tries just by using Chantix. I have people coming into my pharmacy all the time getting it and they have all had great sucess. Give it a shot. There's also a product called Zyban, but it comes with a black box warning and some interesting side effects. If you decide to go with that PM me, there is a generic equivalent available but it's not marketed as a generic for Zyban, it's marketed as a generic for Wellbutrin (anti-depressant) but the active ingredients are identical and you can pick it up at Walmart on their generic list for $4 a month. But if it were me, I would go with Chantix. It's about pretty spendy but most people that I have seen have been smoke free in 1 to 2 months. And it has far less side effects.
Plus, with the symptoms you listed, I would see your doctor anyway.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
BigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of light

BigJLarse83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
georgia man, hey mistering is really easy. and plus some of my buddies are 18 or older. so. yeah, it sucks because i can get them extremely easily.
and cold turkey??
tried it, i couldnt go through a day. it was just too bad, and the prescription, isnt that for like people 18 years or older???

You can get the prescription at any age. If you're old enough to smoke, you're old enough to get the script. It can't do more damage to you than the damage your smoking is doing.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
my motivation was my new taco, that new car smell made it easy.

I know this isn't great advice but have you ever tried dipping?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #18

nicotine gum sucks. it screwed me over at school.
i was chewing it through class one day, and my teacher was like spit that out. i was like ok. then later she was like can i have a piece? i said it was my friends and she didnt believe me because i saw it was poking through my pocket. i told her to keep it a secret and that it was nicotine gum and i needed it bad( it didnt even work that well for me ) and she said ok. a couple of hours later, i had to go to the front office and they confiscated the pack away from me. and that pack was expensive as hell too. it pissed me off. i also got ISS( In School Suspesion ) for having tobacco products in my possesion....
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJLarse83 View Post
You can get the prescription at any age. If you're old enough to smoke, you're old enough to get the script. It can't do more damage to you than the damage your smoking is doing.
im only 16 man.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
my motivation was my new taco, that new car smell made it easy.

I know this isn't great advice but have you ever tried dipping?
yes i have, ive been doing half a can to a can of skoal bandits for a while until it started cutting my gums pretty badly.