1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have you ever seen your mother cry?

Discussion in 'Health' started by BigBawlzTaco, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Came back home from the gym to see my mom sitting at the dinner table alone in the dark crying. I guess it has something to do with my dad. He was a very cruel man to my mother and i guess she's been bottling it up for a while and finally it all just came out. No matter what I say, she won't cheer up. She won't even eat dinner or sit with whatever is left of this family. It's making me worry alot. Any advice guys? :(

2. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    bump. please guys, not asking for sympathy, just asking for advice. It hurts to see my mom down like this.

3. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    give her some time, she will come to you when she is ready to talk. be there for her

4. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    The best thing to do is be there for her and point out the positives.

Even though both my brother and I were in our 30's and had been out of the house for quite some time when my parents decided to split up my mom took it very hard one night when I was in town visiting.

I explained to her that she was better off with him gone. I think in a way he was somewhat verbally abusive(by the way I love my dad and we have a great relationship). They had been together for so long I think she was feeling a little abandoned.

Really my parents had been living separate lives for many years. They didn't do anything together. They really didn't have anything in common once us kids moved out.

So in short just be there for her and stay positive.

5. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Appreciate it man. And My parents split up when i was 4, got back together when i was 12. and now they left each other again. Man, christmas sucks now. Funny how my dad always ends up drunk and screaming at everyone on christmas. I personally think my mom is WAYYY better off without my dad. But then again, we're sufering financially even worse without him.

6. Aug 23, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Life is full of ups & downs. We all go through situations of sorrow. Some people deal with it differently.

The best thing, is to show her that you love her and you're there for her.

Aside from that, you can't really do much without knowing the situation. I don't know how old your mom is....but... women can get very emotional and every LITTLE thing sets us off crying. So...before jumping in with both feet and trying to help, make sure she's not 'hormonally affected' (if you know what I mean). But other than that, make extra effort to *take notice* to things (as Wolfepak mentioned).

Sometimes.....it's really refreshing to CRY and let it all out. If I need a good cry, I'll often jump in the truck and take a drive and cry my eyeballs out the whole time. It's private and nobody even knows there's anything wrong. Everything is good afterwards. I've sorted things out in my mind and go on with life.

The fact that your mom let you see her crying (for the first time?).... Is this a sign that she wants/needs help??? Or is she just having regular cry to let steam out? YOU need to be there and figure out what she needs - whether she needs help, or whether she needs to be alone (so to speak).

Products Discussed in

To Top