1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Protein Drink ?

Discussion in 'Health' started by BigBawlzTaco, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I just bought some protein since school started and im taking a weight training program. I was wondering if you were supposed to take the protein before you work out or after.
    I've done it before once but when I was working out, I felt like throwing up. And most people say to take it after, but I just get a stomach ache and I dont think i'm seeing results.

2. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    BigBawlzTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I also forgot to mention, its a mix called nis.
    it has nitric oxide and other fun stuff in it. it says to take it before i eat, before i work out, and i think after too. but then my brother said to take it after i work out. and a friend of mine said to drink it before.

3. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    after working out

4. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    tmat

tmat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Treavor
    Cypress, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab, PreRunner
    BHLM, de-badged, custom Manoukian flowmaster exhaust system, Bilstein 5100 front adjustable shocks set at 1.75", "smoked" foglights, Satoshi grille mod, 265/75r16 BFG T/A KO tires, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, solid rear window, Weathertech floor liners and painted grill surround
    Okay....what are you goals?

5. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    socal16

socal16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad black 4x4!!!
    wheels and tires, k&n cold air intake, limo tint,bhlm,TRD seatcovers, OME lift
    after working out

6. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    BigBawlzTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Well im just trying to get my muscles bigger and more cut.
    and i guess im takin it after now.

7. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    i would take it after, but you are only 16yrs old. You have to be careful what kind of supplements you take while your body is still naturally developing.

8. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    tmat

tmat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Treavor
    Cypress, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab, PreRunner
    BHLM, de-badged, custom Manoukian flowmaster exhaust system, Bilstein 5100 front adjustable shocks set at 1.75", "smoked" foglights, Satoshi grille mod, 265/75r16 BFG T/A KO tires, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, solid rear window, Weathertech floor liners and painted grill surround
    If you want to get bigger than just remember to eat...A LOT. I worked out seriously for about a year and I gained 30lbs in about 4 months just eating eating and eating. In that 4 month period I seriously had about 3 protein shakes. 3....you have to eat before, after and then eat like 3 more times after that when you work out.

9. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    after. i usually use whey or soy protein

10. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:52 AM
    BigBawlzTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I know what you mean. One of my buddy's takes testosterone. and hes big and all but hes just down right a mess. acne EVERYWHERE and he just came off of it and now hes just like emotionally unleveled. like he will cry then get pissed and break something in the matter of seconds. :eek:

11. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    So you know what I mean then, that's good you get it. Didn't mean to go all mom-ish on ya, haha

12. Aug 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    You re 16. You should be just EATING and more EATING. Protein can be had from alot of natural products. Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter, Tuna, Chicken etc etc.

If you are serious about lifting, educate yourself in nutrition and how to eat properly for what you want to do. Give you body 2 more years and then when you turn 18, unleash the fury! You should really educate yourself on WHY your body needs protein and how much protein you need. Also, look into the way muscles work. Slow twitch, fast twitch, latic acid etc. I can promise you if you educate yourself in the next 2 years about the PROPER way to do things and just do basic lifting, you will be AMAZED in the gains you will get once you turn 18 and start to really hit the gym. I know you want it now, but your body is still devloping.

I know that sounds like your dad talking, but it is the only way to go being under 18.

13. Aug 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM
    RaginCajun

RaginCajun -Doomsday Squad-"game over man"

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    3" Toytec Lift, 285's firestone destination A/T, window visors, UWS Low-profile toolbox, Sockmonkey custom decals, Trd All>Weather floor mats,Tacoma Bed Mat
    ^ what he said..

But seriously . If you are pumping iron. After a hard workout. You need fast digesting protein. Like Whey protein.. Right after your workout.

14. Aug 22, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    4cyltacoma

4cyltacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    AFE CAI, Black Housed Headlights, In Channel Window Visor, Bug Deflector, Black Side Step Tubes, Blacked out emblems
    well for me i use no explode the grape flavor before i work out then i drink whey protien by optimum nutrition and it helps.. you see results in like 3 weeks...

15. Aug 22, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    have you planned out a workout strategy?

I took weight training in High School. I'm not rip or anything but I was able to increase my strength. What I did was I would start slow, bench small 140-150 monday, and tuesday, wednesday I would do 150-160. thurdsay I would try to do 25-30 pounds more then the day before, and friday is a burnout day, light weights but in long intervals. I kept doing this and everyweek I would increase 5-10 over the last week. I also didnt try any protien stuff. My max was 230 I kinda stopped there and got lazy

I may look fat, But i can lift.

16. Aug 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    I would have a protein shake right after working out then have a regular meal 60 minutes afterwards.

17. Aug 22, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Before and after is ideal. Sounds like the stuff you have is for before your work out. Getting big and lean at the same time is very difficult. If you want to get big then have some high carb/ calorie drink for after your work outs. Diet however will be the biggest factor. check out www.bodybuilding.com you should find anwsers to all your questions and there is a tips section for people your age.

18. Aug 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    Arcanite09

Arcanite09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nico
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD
    Alpine 9887, CDT HD-62Z fronts powered by Phoenix Gold ZX450 and Polk MMC650 rearpowered by MTX 2150x. Premier TS-SW1201S4 sub powered by SOUNDSTREAM Class A 10.0
    nitric oxide is for pre-workout, id recommend an isolated whey protein during the day and especially after work out and for your N.O. i really like Black Powder 30 mins before workout (will make you feel like Hulk first few times). Myself i really dont like protein shakes with all that extra N.O. and energy crap. i stick to a protein only shake like ISO-Pure, great and cleanest taste. I am tryin a new one from GNC brand called Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I feel great on it but i drink it 6 times a day. If you want a good fat burner/testosterone booster, try ANABOL CUTS, great stuff and its not a stimulant so you wont feel like your on crack. Also get a work-out enhancement daily vita-pack.

19. Aug 22, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    less processed protein/supplements the better... our bodies do not absorb much from vitamins/supplements and ur really young so id recommend what someone said earlier, just eat foods that are high in protein and skip the supplements, my 2nd semester in college i was at the gym 5 days a week... was mainly eating tuna fish sammichs, and low fat peanut butter, i would drink some standard whey shake after the workout but in 1 semester i gained 15-20 pounds of muscle

20. Aug 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    ^^^ Listen this guy, he know whats going on. I cant take a N.O. and protien before my workout. Puked a bunch when taking N.O. Explode. Switched to Superpump250 for my N.O.. Get and Isolate for after your work out and maybe a nightime protien for the important recovery as you sleep.

I WAS REFERING TO ARCANITEs post. Burgman has a point, but most people don't give their body everything they need as far a nutrients. So supplimemts can take you to the next level if used properly.

Products Discussed in

To Top