Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Protein Drink ?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Protein Drink ?

I just bought some protein since school started and im taking a weight training program. I was wondering if you were supposed to take the protein before you work out or after.
I've done it before once but when I was working out, I felt like throwing up. And most people say to take it after, but I just get a stomach ache and I dont think i'm seeing results.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I also forgot to mention, its a mix called nis.
it has nitric oxide and other fun stuff in it. it says to take it before i eat, before i work out, and i think after too. but then my brother said to take it after i work out. and a friend of mine said to drink it before.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
after working out
Old 08-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
after working out
Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
Okay....what are you goals?
Well im just trying to get my muscles bigger and more cut.
and i guess im takin it after now.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
i would take it after, but you are only 16yrs old. You have to be careful what kind of supplements you take while your body is still naturally developing.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to get bigger than just remember to eat...A LOT. I worked out seriously for about a year and I gained 30lbs in about 4 months just eating eating and eating. In that 4 month period I seriously had about 3 protein shakes. 3....you have to eat before, after and then eat like 3 more times after that when you work out.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
i would take it after, but you are only 16yrs old. You have to be careful what kind of supplements you take while your body is still naturally developing.
I know what you mean. One of my buddy's takes testosterone. and hes big and all but hes just down right a mess. acne EVERYWHERE and he just came off of it and now hes just like emotionally unleveled. like he will cry then get pissed and break something in the matter of seconds.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
So you know what I mean then, that's good you get it. Didn't mean to go all mom-ish on ya, haha
Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
You re 16. You should be just EATING and more EATING. Protein can be had from alot of natural products. Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter, Tuna, Chicken etc etc.

If you are serious about lifting, educate yourself in nutrition and how to eat properly for what you want to do. Give you body 2 more years and then when you turn 18, unleash the fury! You should really educate yourself on WHY your body needs protein and how much protein you need. Also, look into the way muscles work. Slow twitch, fast twitch, latic acid etc. I can promise you if you educate yourself in the next 2 years about the PROPER way to do things and just do basic lifting, you will be AMAZED in the gains you will get once you turn 18 and start to really hit the gym. I know you want it now, but your body is still devloping.

I know that sounds like your dad talking, but it is the only way to go being under 18.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
^ what he said..

But seriously . If you are pumping iron. After a hard workout. You need fast digesting protein. Like Whey protein.. Right after your workout.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Reagan
4cyltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well for me i use no explode the grape flavor before i work out then i drink whey protien by optimum nutrition and it helps.. you see results in like 3 weeks...
Old 08-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
have you planned out a workout strategy?

I took weight training in High School. I'm not rip or anything but I was able to increase my strength. What I did was I would start slow, bench small 140-150 monday, and tuesday, wednesday I would do 150-160. thurdsay I would try to do 25-30 pounds more then the day before, and friday is a burnout day, light weights but in long intervals. I kept doing this and everyweek I would increase 5-10 over the last week. I also didnt try any protien stuff. My max was 230 I kinda stopped there and got lazy

I may look fat, But i can lift.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I would have a protein shake right after working out then have a regular meal 60 minutes afterwards.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Before and after is ideal. Sounds like the stuff you have is for before your work out. Getting big and lean at the same time is very difficult. If you want to get big then have some high carb/ calorie drink for after your work outs. Diet however will be the biggest factor. check out www.bodybuilding.com you should find anwsers to all your questions and there is a tips section for people your age.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
Arcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nico
Arcanite09's Tacoma Gallery
nitric oxide is for pre-workout, id recommend an isolated whey protein during the day and especially after work out and for your N.O. i really like Black Powder 30 mins before workout (will make you feel like Hulk first few times). Myself i really dont like protein shakes with all that extra N.O. and energy crap. i stick to a protein only shake like ISO-Pure, great and cleanest taste. I am tryin a new one from GNC brand called Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I feel great on it but i drink it 6 times a day. If you want a good fat burner/testosterone booster, try ANABOL CUTS, great stuff and its not a stimulant so you wont feel like your on crack. Also get a work-out enhancement daily vita-pack.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
less processed protein/supplements the better... our bodies do not absorb much from vitamins/supplements and ur really young so id recommend what someone said earlier, just eat foods that are high in protein and skip the supplements, my 2nd semester in college i was at the gym 5 days a week... was mainly eating tuna fish sammichs, and low fat peanut butter, i would drink some standard whey shake after the workout but in 1 semester i gained 15-20 pounds of muscle
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Listen this guy, he know whats going on. I cant take a N.O. and protien before my workout. Puked a bunch when taking N.O. Explode. Switched to Superpump250 for my N.O.. Get and Isolate for after your work out and maybe a nightime protien for the important recovery as you sleep.

I WAS REFERING TO ARCANITEs post. Burgman has a point, but most people don't give their body everything they need as far a nutrients. So supplimemts can take you to the next level if used properly.