Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Well this is great

Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Man that sucks. When I lived on campus two years ago, this guy that was two doors down from me got busted with 200,000$ worth of LSD on Altoids. Here's the kicker...this guy keeps the LSD in the air duct that connected all our dorms together!

Well I guess you have a college story to tell now!

I wouldn't doubt if there is some stuff like that here. It's a big school and I've seen some sketchy looking kids here. But thats crazy.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #23
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctacoma View Post
s. Oh, and the newspaper's headline a day ago was "Swine Flu expected to effect over half of USC students." And then I saw on yahoo that officials predict 90,000 people to die from H1N1 this season in America with millions being hospitalized.

90000 people is honestly nothing. Not trying to be morbid or anything but the US has a population of 304,059,724 according to the latest census.

90,000 / 304,059,724 =.0002959944803476

.0002959944803476*100 = .03% chance

for comparison:

Odds of being killed sometime in the next year in any sort of transportation accident: 77 to 1 = 1.3% chance

Odds of being killed in any sort of non-transportation accident: 69 to 1 = 1.4% chance

so you are roughly 45 times more likely to die in a car accident/accident than of the swine flu.

Just food for thought
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man! I hope things start to look better for you!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Take care of yourself. You should carry around hand sanitizer. You do a lot with your hand, you open doors, sit at a desk, etc. etc. It would be good to wash your hands often.

At The U of A, there was a report of one student w/ H1N1, she has since recovered and there are no current reports of the virus.