Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Damnit!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damnit!!!!!!

well, it sucks, but im covered in poisen sumac. i hate that damn plant. ive bleached it and i have caladryll lotion on it right now to help dry it up, but it burns like a mother. i got it from helping my buddy put up a deer stand on sunday afternoon in the woods. Bow season opens the 13th here in NC
Old 09-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna say "That really sucks"....But I never heard of the plant you got poisioned (i cant fucking speel) from,.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Poison sumac doesn't cause skin rashes. It is called so because it small like nuts but is toxic to consume.

However if it is still relatively fresh, carborator cleaner does a doo job of sucking the oils out
Old 09-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
our season started a month earlier! and by some mirracle I'm not alergic to any poision ivy or oak...etc
Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
our season started a month earlier! and by some mirracle I'm not alergic to any poision ivy or oak...etc
x2
Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well, its either sumac or oak. it aint ivy cause im not allergic to that stuff.
I gotta suffer through it for a couple more days. hopefully it will get cleared up by next week sometime.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
That really sucks. I know what it is like. I usually don't get poison Ivy or oak unless I have a real bad exposure. And having a bad exposure means I get it bad.

Some examples. I burned a log that had a hairy Ivy root on it. I figure it was dead. It wasn't.

I have to weed eat a lot at work and mulching it up with the weedeater and flinging against my bare skin will do it haha
Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
kmann6905 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: NORAD
kmann6905's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like oak to me, probably had a vine growing on the tree somewhere. If you have medical, see a doctor and ask for steroids to get it under control sooner than later. Good luck with your bow season, sounds like you earned it.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
All three (oak, ivy, and sumac) contain the same oil, urushi oil. So you aren't immune to one and not the other.

Oak

Ivy

Sumac

Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
A bunch of beer to forget the itches and cold shower has helped me in the past get over it...good luck. I have found that after getting the shit earlier in life, you sorta build up a resistance to it the next time.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #12
nasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nice
nasty ned's Tacoma Gallery
i get the shit bad !!!!!!!!!!! here's what you do. if really bad go to dr. and get a shot of pregnisone(steroid) go to a cvs,rite-aid etc.get some oak-n -ivy shit called (tecnu)
and give yourself a good scrubbing this will help remove the oils and help keep from spreading.Drink about a gallon or so of benadryl(kidding) this wiil help itching and dry out oils.Best thing to do is all the above and then drag your'e sorry ass to the ocean and let the sand and saltwater do it's thing. Stop jerking off!!!! (lol) No Seriously !!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #13

^^^ oh yeah i know about technu. its good stuff.

well, heres whats most likely gonna happen. im gonna see a doctor this week sometime. im gonna get either a shot or pills most likely a shot and im gonna be done with this stuff. thanks for all the input guys.

btw, its just started to ooze yellow puss like fluid today. somebody told me that it could get infected so im gonna get it cleared up in a day or two with the shot hopefully
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Yeah that's infected. That will, more than likely, require antibiotics. You should go to the doctor ASAP.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #15

yeah. well my weekend is ruined
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #16

Marines:
Sorry to hear bro, especially with Labor Day and all. I normally get it on my feet (that will teach me to run a weedeater in sandals) and in between my fingers.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #17

yeah. this doesnt itch as much as it burns. and i dont even scratch it and it shows up inlike one little pimple looking thing then it gets everywhere.

Today i looked like a poka dotted leopard with my calamine lotion . i tell people its lepersy. hahaha
Old 09-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #18

Marines:
I lol'ed at the leprosy. That's how it normally is with me, no itch but a hellacious burn.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #19

well, heres the verdict. i called my doc and they gave me some samples of high strength steroid to take with my meals. so i started the dosage tonight at dinner and they also gave me some topical cream to put on it. doc said the steroid would make me loopy and irritable. great. just great. but now at least i can get this shit cleared up in a couple days instead of a couple weeks. the steroid stuff is called prednizone and the cream is cutivate.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #20
Houston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Houston-76's Tacoma Gallery
Go to your local drug store and see if they have "technu" i used it on some ivy rash, it is made to wash away the oils and stop the itching. It works really good trust me i am highly sensitive to all three : )