1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

had knee surgery today

Discussion in 'Health' started by moto932, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sep 11, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    moto932

moto932 [OP] What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    Thanks, I actually tested the waters last night and it worked out quite well. where there's a will, there's a way. :D

2. Sep 11, 2009 at 11:32 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    good luck w/the rehab! i broke my femur in a street bike crash in april of 08.. healing sucks.. the riding season is almost over anyway..

i used to race District 6 a lot, u ever race in district 6?

3. Sep 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    hope ya have a quick recovery man!

4. Sep 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    moto932

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    Thanks man! i've had a couple buddies who have broken their femurs and it didnt look like any fun at all. have you been able to get back on the bike this year at all? i have never in raced dist. 6, I've raced dist. 11 my whole life.

man i really really don't want to throw in the towel but i need to get my priorities straight. i'm married, have a house and want to start a family in the next year or two. this is my second time going through this. whose to say i get back on the bike and it doesn't happen again right away? so for now i'm going to play it safe for a while, as hard as it is, its what i have to do. :(

Thanks Brian!

5. Sep 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!

6. Sep 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    haha it was the first bone i ever broke, if you're going to do it, you mine as well do it right the first time haha..

Going for the biggest bone possible are we?

Next time join the military, they dont believe in casts, robo boots, splints and usually wait over a month to take xrays. That way its already started to fuse/repair. MAybe that was just my luck in basic. They have ya up and running in no time.

END QUOTE (for some reason the quote button didn't work)

THANKS FOR SERVING!! stay safe!

7. Oct 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    moto932

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    well, im going back to work tomorrow. my knee is doing great. still going to rehab twice a week to get my strength back to normal. wish me luck!

8. Oct 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    moto932

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    thanks Brock!

9. Oct 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    NorthernTacoma

NorthernTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off-Road 6 speed manual TRD exhaust
    TRD Exhaust, Rear leaf TSB, TRD CAI, Biceman 4x4 Illuminated switch mod
    Just a word of advice. If you have full thickness cartilage damage, you will never get that back. In fact, some people say having you ACL reconstructed in that setting makes your "loose knee" tighter and potentiates the damage that is already there. I'm not sure I believe that though. I would definitely take it easy though if you want to make that knee last as long as possible. Good news is knee replacement has come a long way and partial knee replacements are now in vogue. You should probably good until you are in your forties though. Any questions feel free to ask. My specialty is going to be hip and knee replacements.

10. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I don't buy it either - cartilage is in the body specifically to cushion impact and undergo compression. Whatever complications arise from an ACL repair over a full thickness meniscal lesion are probably arthritic or inflammation (bone-on-bone) related.

But hey, I'll wait til some research shows up.

Products Discussed in

To Top