1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Build me a stack please

Discussion in 'Health' started by Niknaq, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    MyoTacoma

MyoTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2009 Mag Grey 4x4 DC
    Wet okoles, Weathertech, Partial Debadged, Mag light mod, ICON c/o, Rear Bilstein 5100, Moto Metal 957's on BFG AT's 285/70/17's
    Nah on a serious note.....proper diet is first and foremost. Are you counting carbs/protein at all? Cycling? I've tried so many stacks in my life its not even funny. My current stack goes something like this:

1.5 hours pre-workout - oatmeal and/or slow digesting fruit
    30 min pre - NO-Shotgun
    15 min pre - 30g whey (I use xtreme formulations...not the best profile but tasty and they are a solid company).
    Intra - BCAA + EAA
    Post - 50g whey + skim milk
    Bedtime - 40g casein shake and/or cottage cheese

I use 5g creatine mono on off days where I dont take the shotgun.

I have been thinking for a long time about entering an amateur bb contest. Currently im at 5'10 180lbs. 9% bf

2. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    dont worry too much about the body fat 19 is ok for now you are trying to build muscle and you need some fat, also anything over 25 grams of protein in one meal will store as fat

3. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq [OP] Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    i think i will try fuzion as Ive heard it was great. I know time is a factor but it seems like all I want to do is pump, eat right, and see results and I feel like a kid before christmas. I plan on training for 3 months to see where I am at but ever since i started seeing results all I want is MORE MORE MORE.

4. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    Niknaq

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    now thats a post. very helpful. thanks

5. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    Niknaq

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    will keep that in mind. thanks for the help.

6. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    40 mins before I take a scoop of Gaspari Superpump and post I take glutimine and muscle milk within 30mins of lifting.

7. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Run for 30 to 45 minutes then do a general workout...working all the primary muscles (Back, Bi's , Tri's and shoulders) Then drink TRU MASS! Go with heavier weights...shred your muscles so that they can repair and get bigger! Intake like 4000 caleries a day aswell. This should improve your results! This is just a general idea and its what i've been doing for a week. Make chicken and fish your best friend cause you'll find the best protein in them :)

8. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
  9. Sep 17, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    GASH

GASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Albuqueruqe
    Vehicle:
    2021 AG Off-road
    My stack goes like this...
    Workout Days:
    Pre-work out: oatmeal
    Post workout: 2 scoops of protein + fruit, 2 scoops of Glutamine and, a BCAA
    Everyday:
    3 small meals, no carbs with dinner
    3 protien shakes w/ glutamine and fruit also a CLA (the last shake being before bed and no fruit)

10. Sep 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    im in the same boat that u r, try to gain & still eat healthy. im 5'10" now waying around 150-155lbs. im wanting to get to 185, closest i have been so far was 168. i just recently started a new job & ive lost 10-15lbs in the past few weeks. i have quite looking at the scale cause its too discouraging. peanut butter, eggs, grilled chicken, fish, r a few things that ive been eating. ive also been eating more junk food since ive started this job.

11. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    AxxSxxB

AxxSxxB Oblivious and Ignorant

Member:
    Amarillo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 4x2 PreRunner 4.0L V6 5-S Auto TRD Sport
    Dont listen to this. I'm competing at the West Texas competition in march... MuscleTech and similar hyped up brands have shitty products. NO Shotgun is useful because of the dextrose in it. Sugar = amazing pre and post workout for that insulin spike. GNC products are cheap as hell. 161 servings of creatine for 14 bucks?

Heres the deal, unless you are a hardgainer... protein isn't as useful as you might think.

1) Find a Creatine Monohydrate NOT in pill form. Pill form = Rip Off
    Take Creatine 2x per day with a LARGE amount of water. Double the recommendation per serving. Take it post workout, and upon waking up or right before bed. These are two periods that utilize anabolism.

2) Find a Pre-Workout/Intra-Workout supplement. I recommend Purple Wraath and White Flood. I'm not sure if they can be found at GNC, but they are AMAZING and always have top notch ratings. The beta alanine found in them literally helps you focus, but it makes it feel like spiders are crawling on your skin.

3) Find either a testosterone booster or cortisol blocker. You arent ready for ANY pro hormones or steroids. They are the same thing. We call pro hormones "designer steroids" because they metabolize into real steroids in amounts that will shut you down, but not give you enough results to be worth it. For a Testosterone Booster AND cortisol/estrogen blocker, Novatest is top notch. I don't know a single bodybuilder who isnt taking advantage of it. Herbal supplements are 99% bull shit, including tribulus terrestris. Anyone who took a bio class or AP 2 knows this.

4) Dont take pain killers, and take a stimulant before working out (if you workout at least 6 hours before going to bed). I recommend Bronkaid, which is OTC at any pharmacy, and caffeine at 100 or 200mg. That honestly isnt that much caffeine, a couple cups of coffee, but its useful. No Doz is the king. If you want even better results, take a baby aspirin.

5) Dont mess with hormones.

6) Visit forum.bodybuilding.com

12. Dec 11, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    texasbowhunter

texasbowhunter Third Coast

Member:
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab 4x4 TRD
    Tinted Windows, Moto Metal 955's, Cooper 305/70/16 STT's, Deckplate Mod.,AFE Pro Dry, Toytec Coilovers, 2" AAL, Diff. Drop, Bilstein 5100's On the Corners, Alpine 10" Sub, Alpine 305 Head, Polk Mids
    Important as the supplements are it comes down to what you are doing in the gym that really counts. If you want to get bigger and gain more mass you should be doing the following lifts. Back Squats, Front Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Good Mornings, Bent Over Rows, ect. Stick with the compound exercises. It also looks like you are in the gym too long. You should try to get in and get out. If I were you I would try to devise a workout that takes you about an hour to complete. In all my years of training I never really workout more than about an hour even when I was in competitve powerlifting in High School.

13. Dec 18, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    Dont start looking for a stack now. Your young. I would wait awhile before even looking into the pro-hormone/steroid arena. You definitely have to know what your doing and how to do it with pro-hormones and steroids. I DONT CONDONE THE USE OF ILLEGAL STUFF. But there is alot out there that can definitely be of benefit. At 21 I would really focus on the basics. Get rid of muscle milk and dont even take muscle milk light. Its all crap. Dont buy extra glutamine. If you really are looking for a great protein especially for a mass or bulk cycle I would recommend that you go with ON Pro Complex. Has added BCAA and Glutamine mixed in. Go onto bodybuilding.com andlearn about your body style. Alot of people are just recommending that you increase your protein intake. For bulking, mass, even "cutting" cycles protein is essential. But you need to be taking in the appropriate amount of carbs as well. Who knows you may be a person who needs a fair amount of carbs in order to keep the muscle bellies full and stay lean.
    You are probably working out too long. You didnt say how long you are spending on each body part. If possible you might want to start doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. This allows you to not only get the cardio/stamina benefits but this also allows your body to pull not only the subcutaneous fat but also the fat between the muscles giving you a "cut up" look. You want to keep workouts short and too the point. Contrary to popular belief you can still lift heavy and get lean at the same time. Also I think someone mentioned this but make sure you incorporate the "olympic lifts" such as back squats, deadlifts, power cleans, and benching. Just a little tip all of these exercises work your core muscle groups. If you are going to lift heavy on them, I would recommend getting a belt. It not only helps keep your back in proper position but it also does not allowyour obliques to grow out giving you a wider apperance. This will give you a tight, dense, and hard midsection which everyone is after. So look up what body type you are and there are plenty of workouts on that site. Check it out and remember it takes time to grow. Dont be impatient. When you look at yourself in the mirror everyday it makes it difficult for you notice the changes. Take pictures on the same day every week or every other week and compare them. Or have your girlfriend/wife/significant other look at you every other week. They will have a better grasp and see the improvements.

14. Dec 18, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    Drink whiskey, smoke a pack day, fuck strange and exotic women, and eat a bulls testicles.

15. Dec 18, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    No you're wrong!!! It's smoke two packs a day, get it right.

16. Dec 18, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    My man hands accidently typed a instead of 2. Damn these rough tools of death.

17. Dec 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    How about this stack? :D

[​IMG]

18. Dec 18, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    hsc001

hsc001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    laurel, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road lifted
    BHLM, 3" toytec coilovers, blacked out billet grille, hella 500's behind grille, volant CAI, Dual flowmasters 40's, HID, DTLT
    I would say stick with the basics. Im on a cut cycle right now and im not trying to get bigger so im taking the opposite of what you should be. But i think i can still help you out. First get a good pre workout mix i would suggest Usp labs Jacked 3d its cheap and it works. Second get a decent post work out, Universal Torrent is outstanding or Xtreme formulations relentless. The post work out will just replenish depleted carbs and such. Third get a good protein Gaspari Nutrition makes a really good one or Muscle pharm combat powder is also really good. and that is pretty much the basics, maybe a multi vitamin like animal pak.

19. Dec 19, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    kevin1970

kevin1970 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 access Cab
    Try doing cardio before your workout. You got to get your heartrate up before you start lifting.

20. Dec 19, 2009 at 8:17 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Knowledge is power!! Check out websites like bodybuilding.com, t-nation. They will give you some good tips. If you want to see results try to cut down to 10-12% bodyfat. It will give you an appearance of being bigger. Take whey Isolates after your works outs and eat a small amount of carbs. Light warm up before lifting. DO NOT DO YOUR CARDIO BEFORE YOUR WEIGHTS!!! Some SuperPump before or some similar NO is good as well. BCAA's, Glutamine, and Creatine will all help with your muscle recovery and keep your immune system boosted. Get proper rest days and eat right. Kick the booze (after the holdiays). And drink at least 4 litres of water a day.

Products Discussed in

To Top