1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is P90X used by any TW members?

Discussion in 'Health' started by w8n4mud, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Oct 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I am interested in purchasing the P90X workout dvd to get myself looking good, BUT I was curious to know if anyone here has any experience with it. I see the infomercial on tv a lot and well since I thought my membership at 24 hour fitness is about to expire, I could invest in this thing. So... anyone?

2. Oct 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    jgarcia.mpa

jgarcia.mpa Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    you mean p90x

3. Oct 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yes... you're right!

P90X

4. Oct 17, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    baildavc

baildavc TREADING LIGHTLY!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Jasper, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white DC OR
    3 inch lift, 33's, bull bar, debadged, windows tinted, direct wired power inverter, blacked out front emblem,
    Dude, I have been debating about this thread for a while, I use it and love it!!!

5. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    I tried p90x, but didnt get into it. I am currently doing "Insanity" by the same company. Check into that one. Its very intense.

6. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:43 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Do you still have the P90X stuff Adam? Same company? Sounds like a gimmick. Are you seeing results?

7. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM
    lookylookitzadam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    Just started the "Insanity" stuff a week ago tomorrow, but definitely a good work out. Its nice because it requires nothing more than yourself to do the routines, unlike 90x where you need weights, resistance bands, etc. Insanity is interval training and if you stick with it, it will get you results. p90x is good. My friend finished it and started up insanity a few weeks back. P90x helped him, but he is struggling through insanity (like myself).

Either one of them should be good, just depends on what results you want.

Just FYI, in the insanity videos, the people doing the work out with the leader are falling over and taking intermediate breaks. If you can get through the workout at his pace, you are in crazy shape. lol

But yea, i still have all the p90x stuff, plus ab ripperX

8. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:53 PM
    baildavc

baildavc TREADING LIGHTLY!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Jasper, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white DC OR
    3 inch lift, 33's, bull bar, debadged, windows tinted, direct wired power inverter, blacked out front emblem,
    I have been using P90X for 3 weeks, I have seen almost instant results. There are 3 diff plans to follow: lean, classic, and double.. I am using the classic plan which consists of 6 wourkouts Monday-Saturday w/ rest or stretching on Sunday. The workouts take from 45 to 75 minutes to complete. My biggest issue is following the meal guide since it has me eating 5 small meals daily and that is hard to do, also it has me drinking over 120 oz. of water daily, it comes with a chart on how much you will need, BeachBody offers many different programs for people of all fitness levels and motivations. Whatever you choose, just make sure you can stick with it, P90X will take a good bit of your time. it is deff worth the investment in your health from my experince so far.

My profile

Start: 9/25/09 at 260 lbs with 27% body fat.

Current: 10/18/09 at 246 lbs with 21% body fat.

I am seeing changes almost on a daily basis.. Just have to stay in there.

remeber to set a diet that is attainable, don't starve yourself, trust me you will need the calories. get rid of Soda, juice, and alchohol( my vice) and start your own success story.. Let me know if I can help further

9. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    lookylookitzadam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    I really like beach body's guide for food. Its pretty diverse. Also, one thing to consider, with Insanity its a 30-40 minute work out, but in that time you only get about 1-2 minutes of total rest time.

P90x is really good if you have weights and stuff. It will rip you fast as Baildvac said.

10. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM
    Fienoma

Fienoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab Off road 4x4
    BHLM, In bed lights mod, K&N intake,OEM bed extender....more to come?
    P90x would be a program i would recommend to anyone trying to lose weight and/or get cut and get in shape..i myself did the workout for only a month and got results that i never expected! i weighed 180lbs(got a pretty good sized belly:eek:) before starting and at the end of the first 30days i've dropped down to 165lbs lost the beer gut and gained a 4 pack..with crazy definition in my biceps, shoulders, triceps you name it and it was there! i never had any of this before..lol...I didn't follow the nutruition guide..but i watched my food intake and it paid off. The only trick with p90x or any work out is that you gotta keep up with it..even after the 90 days other wise it all goes to waste...as an example after i finished the 30days i got caught up with school and work...after stopping for 2 weeks everything disappeared but if you can maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly you should be good to go!!

11. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Can another San Diegan have it :D or perhaps borrow it :rolleyes: or Buy it :eek: from you? Haha. I guess if it doesn't work, I could return it to you. Are you doing the insanity at home then?
    Would you say then that the P90X is a step below the Insanity? How does your friend look after finishing it? And to boot, he's doing the insanity? That's crazy (no punt intended)!

12. Oct 17, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    I recommend doing CrossFit. It's similar idea to p90x only this way you won't have to go it alone.

13. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    lookylookitzadam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    PM'd:D

14. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:04 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    That's what Im worried about... its the after I'm done with it part. Would my regimen have to be as hard as before just to maintain? I'm at 180... and would love to be at 160 ish. I used to mtn bike a lot. I sort of take a break from that during the winter months. I'm determined... just want to be informed of what I'm getting into before I make the investment.

15. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:14 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    How is that? Does it come with an inflatable workout partner? :D Haha. I had to. Wow. So here's another one I need to look at.
    1) P90X- weights and resistant bands required
    2) Insanity - nothing required
    3) Crossfit - ?

16. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    Depending on what you're really aiming for after you finish the 90days the workout can be light just to stay in shape or you can kick it up a bit to gain more. my brother did p90x and ended up with a body built like bruce lee now he's just keepin up by just workin out lightly every other day and on occasion he makes a "heavy lift" week to make sure his strength is still there. i've fought the guy a few times for kicks..i'm 3inches taller and 40lbs heavier and he kicks my ass every time..:rolleyes:

17. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:24 AM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    I'm also curious about crossfit..a friend of mine was explaining it to me how they use it on base(airforce) as a intense workout..but he never got around to the details..now hes back over seas..God bless em

18. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    I am just starting crossfit and it is woopin my butt. I've been going to the gym for 12yrs and got bored with it and started crossfit. Check out the website http://www.crossfit.com/. Any info you need to know is there as well as you can do a search to find places that do CrossFit in your area. Most places will let you try out the first workout or week for free.

19. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:29 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like you're about to start a regimen yourself? Yeah, I've got to take my personal appearance up a notch. One thing is for sure... off with the soda, BUT seriously... 120 oz. of water. WOW! :eek: That's a lot of bathroom breaks.

20. Oct 18, 2009 at 12:36 AM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    hmmm might be something to look forward to lol how are the results? any crazy gains?

lol it's crossed my mind a number of times..but work is not lettin up any and if i wanna keep my taco..its something i gotta do.. Once you get a hold of p90x get on it! lol i just carried a 1 gallon jug with me everywhere. i'd say its worth it, after you cut the soda you wake up not feeling groggy or slow

Products Discussed in

To Top