Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

kidney stones..AHHHHH

Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
kidney stones..AHHHHH

well, for the past three weeks i have been hurting...it hurt to urinate and and it hurt to really move..i thought i had a urinary tract infection of somesort..so i have been drinking lots of cranberry juice concentrate mixed with water..that stuff works...but i passed the kidney stone today...hurt like a sumbitch..but just a PSA for those who drink alot of sweet tea and such...BE CAREFUL!!! thats all i drink mostly and juice, but anyways, sugar and the stuf thats in tea can and will cause kidney stones if your not careful..so jsut sharing my word to the wise for all you great folks of TW

water is probly gonna be my main drink form now on..
Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Been there, nothing hurts worse. Glad it's over and water is your best bet.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh yeah..thanks guys...but now it doesnt hurt anymore to piss....THANK YOU GOD!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
my older bro had his first one when he was 17

my dad has had 4 or 5...

so it looks like im in for atleast one...
i drink alot of water though (ps soda and stuff isnt good for you either cuz of the carbonation that also causes kidney stones)

im glad you got through it though! how big of a relief was it when you passed it?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
also caffiene and stuff like coffee causes them
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I have had one before, probably the most pain I have ever felt in my life. I drink a lot of sweet tea, but lately I have been cutting back the amount of sugar I put it in. I hear the sugar mixed with something in the tea causes the crystals. You can still drink sweet tea just drink a lot of water too.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard it hurts like having a baby. I don't want to know firsthand!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
I've heard it hurts like having a baby. I don't want to know firsthand!
my dads nurse that helped him said she has had two kids and a kidney stone and she said she would rather have a kid anyday
Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
my dads nurse that helped him said she has had two kids and a kidney stone and she said she would rather have a kid anyday
Oh my God......just put a pillow over my face while I'm sleeping if it's that bad.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
lmao i know haha
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #12

when i passed it..i ahd no idea i had one till i passes it..lol..but now that its gone..im probly gonna be drinking alot of water and cran juice...i dont drink sodas or eat alot of dairy products or anything..so i i dont get another one...and yeah..3 weeks it hurt to piss or walk or run or anything..so, it could ahve been alot worse, but im glad im over it.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain man. I passed 2 before. first waws when i was 19. second one was a year later. I was getting morophine I.V. and it did nothing for the pain. I will never ever ever use creatine or workout suppliments ever again.
and i guess i wont be drinking sweet tea anymore either
Old 11-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
spasur is on a distinguished road
spasur's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear you passed it! I know your pain as I've had about a dozen stones in the last 5 years. Now I watch what I eat and ALWAYS stay well hydrated especially if you drink much. I think those are the 2 most important things depending on the chemistry of your stones. If they are they typical calcium oxalate stones then cut back on foods with high oxalate content like spinach and nuts. Staying hydrated is a no-brainer if you have a history of kidney stones. Since I've been careful my stones have become smaller and less painful, now I only feel them leave my kidney instead of the whole way out...so far
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post

im jsut glad i only had one..not like 2 or three..and that they were able to pass..i didnt ahve to go get them sugerically blasted
Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are feeling better.

Mountain Dew is the only soda I had heard causes them, but if you say they all can
Old 11-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
mixaro is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
know your pain i've only had one, but that was plenty for me to change my diet, god if that nurse said it was worse then child birth then, everyone who hasn't had one just keep that in the back of you mind
Old 11-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #19
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
I had em too, sucked really bad. The worst part for me was the pain in my side, my kidney I guess. Never felt anything untill the stones passed through my kidneys which was crazy nasty! Worst part was I had no idea what was happening and I thought I was gonna die!
Old 11-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #20
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
im jsut glad i only had one..not like 2 or three..and that they were able to pass..i didnt ahve to go get them sugerically blasted
Mine got stuck. Had to have surgery to get it removed. This was before they could "blast" them. I'm not going into detail here, but it sucked.