Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Crossfit???

Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #201
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Ya, it looks crazy as hell. It looks like it would be fun though, thats for sure.
You CA guys don't have to worry about the elevation climb. The one here is going to be up in the mountains at one of the ski resorts. That will definitely suck on the uphill run.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #202
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
You CA guys don't have to worry about the elevation climb. The one here is going to be up in the mountains at one of the ski resorts. That will definitely suck on the uphill run.
Pshhh you guys dont know anything bout elevation, I gotta go down 500ft down to sea level
Old 02-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #203
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Pshhh you guys dont know anything bout elevation, I gotta go down 500ft down to sea level
That's true, that sea level air is so much harder to breathe. It's almost like there is too much oxygen.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #204
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Haha, you guys get screwed with the mile high crap.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #205

Quote:
Haha, you guys get screwed with the mile high crap.
That we do. Which is why I blame that on my poor performance in the gym.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #206
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
That we do. Which is why I blame that on my poor performance in the gym.
Ya, Im gonna go ahead and use that as my excuse
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #207
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
All I know is when I was on leave it crushed my metcon on some WODs
Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #208
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
It is pricey but so worth it. You will always have a crossfit instructor there watching over the workout making sure you are doing things right and your form is perfect. They are incredibly encouraging. All the fellow crossfitters are incredibly supportive no matter what your abilities are.

I will never go back to the regular box gym to do regular weight lifting. The results you'll see in yourself through crossfit are more impressive and better than you'll get going to the gym by yourself. Every workout is challenging and crossfit can be as hard as you want it to be. I really can not say enough good things about it. Everyone that does it, loves it. Give it a chance and you'll be hooked. Just be prepared to sweat and receive an ass kicking.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I freaking LOVE Crossfit and will never go back to anything else!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #209
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
just out of curiosity. are any of you guys on any supps/prohormones/sauce, while doing crossfit?
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #210
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
just out of curiosity. are any of you guys on any supps/prohormones/sauce, while doing crossfit?
Nope. The only thing most crossfiters do is diet.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #211

Quote:
I take whey protien to hopefully rebuild myself after each beating and will soon try bsn no-xplode before the workouts.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #212
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Yeah none of the guys take anything extra except for Protein, and just regular vitamins.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #213

This thread has been pretty quiet for a few days. How is everyone's workout going.
This week has been hell on my legs. Monday was all legs and I haven't been able to walk properly since. And each day thereafter has been leg. Tomorrow is max dead lift and I'm not sure that will go very well.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #214
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
This thread has been pretty quiet for a few days. How is everyone's workout going.
This week has been hell on my legs. Monday was all legs and I haven't been able to walk properly since. And each day thereafter has been leg. Tomorrow is max dead lift and I'm not sure that will go very well.
We had a good day Monday, 4 rounds of 20 double unders, 15 135 deadlift, 10 pull ups. 9:21
Tuesday we did 5 rounds of 10 35lb barbell squat snatch R, 10 35lb barbell squat snatch L, and 15 20lb wall ball. My back tightened up again and couldnt get more than one squat snatch at a time. Got a massage later that night and the girl said she hasnt seen anyone with a lower back as tight as mine. She had to use her elbows to get through it. So I took today off, might take tomorrrow too and run.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #215
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
No supps at all just diet for me after taking numerous supps. while doing BB routines and I've seen far more gains.

Today did 20, 15, 10, and 5 Squat cleans @ 155# and Burpees. Can't wait to do Nasty Girls
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #216
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
k so after kinda reading about how much you guys like doing crossfit..im thinking that i might give it a try. anyone know any places in the south bay area? or comments on how to start?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #217
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
On the left hand side there is the states, open up California, I cant tell you anywhere in the south bay because I dont know the area, but this should be a good place to start. What you will do is find the area and click on the gym. Check out the page and there should be something that says how to start, if not then just email or show up down there.
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-affiliates/
Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #218
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
k so after kinda reading about how much you guys like doing crossfit..im thinking that i might give it a try. anyone know any places in the south bay area? or comments on how to start?
You'll like it! Stick w/ it and you'll definitely notice results pretty soon!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #219

Quote:
What they said. Find a place on the crossfit website and it will be the best exercise you'll ever get. Keep us posted
Old 02-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #220
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
so i did find a place. actually my buddy owns a gym and does it. so im gonna be talking to him and trying it out. kinda hesitant. i have plenty of raw power on lifts, but ill be the first one to say that my cardio sucks. plus after a couple of years of powerlifting, i think its time to change it up and see how my body reacts. well see...