Notices

Crossfit???

Old 11-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #1001
rlanicek will become famous soon enoughrlanicek will become famous soon enough

Marines:
Name: Rick
rlanicek's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rlanicek
How much do you pay for your Crossfit gym memberships?

I've been doing Crossfit on my own (base gym, YMCA, etc.) for three years.

The Crossfit gyms around Dallas all want about $130 per month which I cannot justify.

Just curious how much other areas cost.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #1002
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanicek View Post

I've been doing Crossfit on my own (base gym, YMCA, etc.) for three years.

The Crossfit gyms around Dallas all want about $130 per month which I cannot justify.

Just curious how much other areas cost.
130 bucks a month sounds ridiculous. I also do mine just on my own in the gym. There also is an MMA gym around here where I first started doing crossfit type stuff so I literally got my ass kicked in more ways than one. Good times, though, and it got me in fantastic shape. Need to start going back there again.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #1003
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
130 is a little high, but most are expensive.

I pay $45 a month... awesome small gym, owner is black belt brazilian ju jitsu, and loves doing what he does.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #1004
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
130 is about normal in so cal
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #1005
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
130 is about normal in so cal
Yeah the going rate for a full comp Gym unlimited classes is $150 I dont pay that because Im a Firefighter but I wont say what I pay. But $130 is not bad especially if its anything like mine. There are tons of reasons why going to an affiliated gym is much better some reasons being they are certified so they know the crossfit movements so you dont get hurt while throwing heavy weight and moving fast. All the trainers at my gym have been personal and strength trainers there whole life and have degrees in nutrition which is priceless.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #1006
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Yeah the going rate for a full comp Gym unlimited classes is $150 I dont pay that because Im a Firefighter but I wont say what I pay. But $130 is not bad especially if its anything like mine. There are tons of reasons why going to an affiliated gym is much better some reasons being they are certified so they know the crossfit movements so you dont get hurt while throwing heavy weight and moving fast. All the trainers at my gym have been personal and strength trainers there whole life and have degrees in nutrition which is priceless.
Agreed, you gotta pay to play. My wife busts my balls all the time why I pay so much. Well until I can do the WODs at 24hr, guess I'll keep at it in a box. Plus the atmosphere is way better, everyone is doing the same thing, etc etc. People seem smarter too ...and my wife says we're elitists
Old 11-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #1007
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed, you gotta pay to play. My wife busts my balls all the time why I pay so much. Well until I can do the WODs at 24hr, guess I'll keep at it in a box. Plus the atmosphere is way better, everyone is doing the same thing, etc etc. People seem smarter too ...and my wife says we're elitists
Yeah you dont get the same work out doing it in a gym. You cant throw weights around like you can in a box. You cant just take off running out the front door through a bunch of people to run 800 meters and come back because they would be made you left weights out. Its worth the money in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #1008

"Heavy Metal"
19:28
BW Squat Cleans=225#
Rope Climbs were supposed to be no feet (LOL YFR) so I doubled up for using feet

7 SC
4 Rope Climbs
5 SC
6 Rope Climbs
3 SC
8 Rope Climbs
Old 12-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #1009

Last Week:
Mon
WOD: 12:38
For time (L2 GHD/Ring Pushups)
250 m run
30 push-ups
30 sit-ups
250 m run
20 push-ups
20 sit-ups
250 m run
10 push-ups
10 sit-ups

Tues:
WOD: 38:12 -->supposed to be buddy but did it on my own
300 Double unders
150 Dumbbell Hang Power Snatch
50 meters of wheelbarrow walking
800 meter sand bag run (80lbs/40lbs)

Wed:Fran
4:50 (15sec off PR; gettin it back!)

Fri: FGB
313 (2 off PR)

Today:
LIFT: Squat 3x5 (Wendler Style) @ 315, 335, 355
WOD: 4+15 burpees

AMRAP 20 minutes:
7 squat cleans 95/65lbs (L2 135/95)
14 Kettlebell swings 1.5/1 pood (L2 2/1.5 pood)
21 Burpees
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #1010

In the club! :D

When I got my 500# DL and after the Heavy Metal WOD
Attached Thumbnails
Crossfit???-img_9792-2-.jpg   Crossfit???-img_9793-2-.jpg   Crossfit???-img_9794-2-.jpg   Crossfit???-img_9796-2-.jpg  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #1011
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You should probably wear mens shorts next time and try not to let that baby whoop your ass next time too.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
You should probably wear mens shorts next time and try not to let that baby whoop your ass next time too.
Bwahahahahahahahaha those are mens shorts! The tree trunks can't be contained lol. You should see Fridays though, I dubbed them shorty shorts fridays Besides they're all I used to wear at my last command so I'm used to the shortys and they feel like you're not wearing anything at all. The baby...I have no excuse
Old 12-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #1013
pacmanfourtwenty is on a distinguished road
pacmanfourtwenty's Tacoma Gallery
crossfit here is around $150-$200 a month which is absurd in my opionion. i know the owner at one of the gyms personally and he makes a killing. alot of ppl seem to like it and dont mine paying that. for me on the other hand i believe any kind of training is worthless without the proper diet. that being said i just stick to healthy eating habit and results come naturally in the gym
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #1014
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Crossfit is well worth $130 a month. There is a lot of one on one coaching and the results are awesome. All you crossfitters out there, what is the most heinous WOD you have ever done? One that comes to mind for me would be "air force"

For time:

20 Thrusters

20 Sumo-high pulls

20 Push Jerks

20 Overhead squats

20 front squats

~For every minute on the minute you have to perform 4 burpees.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanfourtwenty View Post
crossfit here is around $150-$200 a month which is absurd in my opionion. i know the owner at one of the gyms personally and he makes a killing. alot of ppl seem to like it and dont mine paying that. for me on the other hand i believe any kind of training is worthless without the proper diet. that being said i just stick to healthy eating habit and results come naturally in the gym
Could just be the area but yeah it's a little ridiculous. Totally agree about the diet however. The only thing is, Crossfit offers something else that I've never felt or had in a gym before. Did conventional weightlifting and bodybuilding for 9 years til I found CF. Love it to death and all my lifts have skyrocketed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMal View Post
Crossfit is well worth $130 a month. There is a lot of one on one coaching and the results are awesome. All you crossfitters out there, what is the most heinous WOD you have ever done? One that comes to mind for me would be "air force"

For time:

20 Thrusters

20 Sumo-high pulls

20 Push Jerks

20 Overhead squats

20 front squats

~For every minute on the minute you have to perform 4 burpees.
Murph with the vest is pretty bad but Fran is always terrible too. Thing with Fran is it's an all out sprint and you don't feel good til atleast 30 min after. And I swear 95lbs never felt heavier
Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #1016
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bwahahahahahahahaha those are mens shorts! The tree trunks can't be contained lol. You should see Fridays though, I dubbed them shorty shorts fridays Besides they're all I used to wear at my last command so I'm used to the shortys and they feel like you're not wearing anything at all. The baby...I have no excuse
Did you get those from the crossfit store? And are these them?

If so, those are womens shorts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanfourtwenty View Post
$150 is the going rate for crossfit. I definitely think it's worth it and I've gotten more out of crossfit than I ever did at a regular gym. It's way easier to stay motivated. I've seen gains that I never would have at a traditional gym. But one of the greatest parts about crossfit is the community. These are the most supportive and encouraging people you will ever meet. Everyone involved wants to better themselves and see those around them better as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMal View Post
Murph is one of my favorite workouts that I hate. The reason we do it is a great motivation and I'm honored to take part in it. The workout itself just sucks sweaty balls.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
Did you get those from the crossfit store? And are these them?

If so, those are womens shorts...

Lol nope, they're some nikes. They sit just above my knee caps by about an inch but my legs have gotten bigger so I have to hike em up for squats and deadlifts or else I rock the crack
Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #1018
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Havent posted in here in a while

Today was "fight gone array"

5 rounds:

Thrusters
Burpees
SDHP
Double Unders
Rest
--------------------

Old 12-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Havent posted in here in a while

Today was "fight gone array"

5 rounds:

Thrusters
Burpees
SDHP
Double Unders
Rest
--------------------

UGH! That sounds shitty! Effin DUs would do me in lol

Lift: Shoulder Press 3x5 (Texas style) @ 140#
WOD: 14:02
15 Push Jerks @ 115#
400m Run
30 WB
400m run
15 HSPU
400m
30 Pullups
400m
Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #1020
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I got my 500# DL and after the Heavy Metal WOD

better push harder.. im catchin up. pulled 480lb dl for reps on sat. plus im only 5'6" maybe 170-175. its awesome to see other guys posting great numbers. not only are we getting the strength benefits, but think about the cardio and all its positive benefits