Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Crossfit???

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1741
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. Im good with all strength stuff. Its just the body weight stuff that gets me.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #1743
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Today's workout was tough!

Did 135# squat cleans and modified GHD to regular sit-ups x 1.5

So...
135# squat clean 15
45 sit-ups

135# squat clean 12
36 sit-ups

down to 3 and 9

12:25

Love this shit
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #1744
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Did 13.5 yesterday and got 61 reps. I never want to do that WOD again. That was by far worse then the Fran ladder from the last two years.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #1745
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
well of all the open wods i sucked at this on the most. the thrusters were easy but i just had not pull left for chest to bars after i finished my second round of thrusters. i got no rep'd so many times in the last 1 minute it sucked!!! i ended up with 46 I'm not happy but I'm glad its over. on to regular wods and working on my weakness's
Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #1746
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalton15 View Post
Did 13.5 yesterday and got 61 reps. I never want to do that WOD again. That was by far worse then the Fran ladder from the last two years.
It was a stupid bitch of a WOD....
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #1747
Ya very stupid. I know so many people that ripped their hands during it. The Open was fun I look forward to again next year. Ill try to drink less next year in preparation.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #1748
GO TIGERS!
suttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
suttonkb's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to suttonkb
anyone do the "River Ruckus" competition this past weekend? My team placed 4th out of 36 teams! Had a blast.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #1749
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
2 days in so far...sucks so bad but so much of a better workout than just going to the gym for an hour
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #1750
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
PB 500m row yesterday, 1:23 flat!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #1751
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
2 days in so far...sucks so bad but so much of a better workout than just going to the gym for an hour
Seriously! F normal gym workouts!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #1752
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my first ring muscle up today, on my 30th BDay!

Happy birthday to me!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post

Happy birthday to me!
Very nice. Dont get overzealous and keep trying them. Thats how I hurt my shoulder.

Yesterdays WOD
Strength
5 sets of Hang Snatch+Snatch+Overhead Squat
I got up to 165.
Then for WOD, we did 3 500m rows with 3 minutes rest in between. My times were 1:33, 1:34 and 1:38. My quads were fried after the second row.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #1754
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post

Happy birthday to me!
Sweet!!! Time to string them together!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1755
Because 4R

Quote:
Very nice. Dont get overzealous and keep trying them. Thats how I hurt my shoulder.

Yesterdays WOD
Strength
5 sets of Hang Snatch+Snatch+Overhead Squat
I got up to 165.
Then for WOD, we did 3 500m rows with 3 minutes rest in between. My times were 1:33, 1:34 and 1:38. My quads were fried after the second row.
Yup, I have been weary to try them at all for this reason. I am going to keep practicing them on the bar to get my strength up before going back to the rings.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #1756
slinkey11 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Gabe
slinkey11's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys i just started doing cross fit this week and i have to say i love it. I got back into the gym a year ago starting with high rep total body routines and cardio. Started to plateau so i switched it up to lower rep mostly compound routines, then switched again to mainly isolation routines.

As i started to feel a plateau coming i searched for a new routine and found crossfit.com and the brandX forum. Started following the WODs on Sunday with "Jorge". I thought i was in decent shape but these high intensity workouts pushing for time is killer. Looking forward to progressing through this.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #1757
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkey11 View Post
Hey guys i just started doing cross fit this week and i have to say i love it. I got back into the gym a year ago starting with high rep total body routines and cardio. Started to plateau so i switched it up to lower rep mostly compound routines, then switched again to mainly isolation routines.

As i started to feel a plateau coming i searched for a new routine and found crossfit.com and the brandX forum. Started following the WODs on Sunday with "Jorge". I thought i was in decent shape but these high intensity workouts pushing for time is killer. Looking forward to progressing through this.
Crossfit claims another... Haha I became addicted myself just a few weeks ago. Welcome! Did "Diane" today... Modified the handstand push-up to 105 presses... Deadlifts I felt great but the presses killed me. 6:00
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #1758
Yesterdays WOD
Strength 6 sets
Hang Squat Clean+Squat Clean+Jerk
Made 225, then missed the jerk at 235. Had it overhead but lost it as I was walking my feet back together

WOD
30 Manmakers for time
I used 40lb dumb bells. Time was 8:08. Manmakers are more like Soulcrushers. Zero fun.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #1759
Because 4R

Quote:
Yesterdays WOD
Strength 6 sets
Hang Squat Clean+Squat Clean+Jerk
Made 225, then missed the jerk at 235. Had it overhead but lost it as I was walking my feet back together

WOD
30 Manmakers for time
I used 40lb dumb bells. Time was 8:08. Manmakers are more like Soulcrushers. Zero fun.
Haha, soul crushers is right!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1760
Because 4R

Damn you, you jinxed me and I ended up with this yesterday:

18:00 AMRAP
5 Man Makers 20/30
10 Pull Ups
15 Wall Ball

Products Discussed in this Thread