Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Crossfit???

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #1801
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, shiz gets expensive. A good bar is by far more important than anything. Spring for a good bar first. Then 1 set of big bumper plates, either 25kg or 45lbs, and a good set of collars. From there you can just add normal metal weights, which you can find pretty cheap on CL until you have the funds to get more.

Weights aren't going to make much of a difference, but a good bar vs a shit bar is night and day.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #1802
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post

I believe everything is American made which is why I am going with Rogue and why I picked what i did. If any one has suggestion else where than let me know. Also if anyone cares to elaborate on the bars if they have had experience that would be awesome. Only like a $20 difference and shipping I believe.
The main difference you'll notice is the finish. Making the way the bar feels in your hand different. The Black Oxide finish has more of a bar steel finish then the classic Rogue bar.
The Ohio bar is also made of a different steel, but I don't think you'll notice anything different there.
Other then that, the knurl and warranty are the same.

Neither have center knurl, so you'll still need a bar for squats.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #1803

Yea, from what I've seen, the Ohio is just the Classic Rogue bar revamped. Different finish to allow for better grip, but same strength, warranty, and knurl.

I think Rogue is going a little bar crazy. They have many options, and no real way to compare them on the site.
But can't hate too much. They do offer a lot of stuff at a lower price then others. I've never had to deal with their customer service, but have heard it's top notch when it comes to product issues.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #1804
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
WOD:

Sevens
7 Rounds
7 HSPU
7 Thrusters 135/115
7 KTE
7 Dead Lift 245/205
7 Burpees
7 KB Swing
7 Pull Ups
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1805
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
subbd for workout ideas.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #1806
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivestone View Post
subbd for workout ideas.
http://www.thetravelingwod.com/p/traveling-wods.html
Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #1807
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Fight gone bad this weekend. First time doing it, wow...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #1808
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
me and my teammate finished 5th in the summer sizzle garage games this weekend in Beaverton Oregon.

it was fun but we should have finished better then we did..
plate math in wod #2 killed us other wise we would have finished 1st in that wod.

I have 3 more competitions still this year.
1. in October 2 person (guy/girl) team
2. in November 3 person (all guys or all girls) team
3. in December and is a individual only comp.

the one is December is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! it will be 2 days and will be crazy if you are in the NW you should check it out!!
look up NW fit games
Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1809

Anyone going to the Crossfit Games next week?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #1810
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
i am definitely gonna be watching it on tv.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #1811
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im in it...

I wish
Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #1812
Cajun Yotas
Yota33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billy
Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
i am definitely gonna be watching it on tv.
Espn?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #1813
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota33 View Post
Espn?
I am looking for it now and csnt find it last year they had it on espn2
Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #1814
Cajun Yotas

Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
It's starts today?! I thought it was tomorrow
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #1815

Master's Live Stream

http://games.crossfit.com/masters-stream
Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #1816
Cajun Yotas

Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
I saw ESPN won't be broadcasting until Friday. And thanks for this link!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #1817

Navy:
Quote:
Thanks for the link. Had it on all afternoon
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #1818
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
from what I understand sunday's final events will be on espn2, other than that its on stupid ass espn360 and all us direct tv people are screwed
Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #1819

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
from what I understand sunday's final events will be on espn2, other than that its on stupid ass espn360 and all us direct tv people are screwed
I just watched all today's stuff on the website. I dont
have 360 either. Just wished the website was better quality.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #1820
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I just watched all today's stuff on the website. I dont
have 360 either. Just wished the website was better quality.
Yeah and I don't think they're gonna stream the main events this weekend either

Products Discussed in this Thread