LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Crossfit???

Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Crossfit???

Anybody out there doin Crossfit? I went for a month back in April and it was an ass kicker. I have started back up and am on week 3 and already notice a huge difference.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
staplak is on a distinguished road
staplak's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard that is a good program. I did p90x and it was pretty intense.Good results.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Haha, we have some elderly ladies, older than you , out there. The only thing I hate is its expensive as hell
Old 01-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
NorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to behold
Army: Tanker 3/7Inf, 3ID---25A 1-82 CAV, Bend OR
NorthXNorthwest's Tacoma Gallery
I do crossfi at least three times a week. I started making my platoon go instead of the regular army PT program. I will start posting our workouts on here in a new thread if anyoine is interested.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Triple Option
Slotback will become famous soon enoughSlotback will become famous soon enough
Slotback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthXNorthwest View Post
I do crossfir at least three times a week. I started making my platoon go instead of the regular army PT program. I will start posting a our workouts on here in a new thread if anyoine is interested.
I don't blame you for making your platoon do it. Variety keeps workouts interesting, that's for sure. Whether it's Crossfit or something else, keeping it mixed up keeps everyone from being bored, and ensures that everyone will hate you when it comes to PT
Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
NorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to behold
I agree. Doing the same thign everyday gets hella boring
My guys are really shining through on the challenge of it.
One feels a sense of accomplishment (and pain) when we get done with the workout!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
One shot is all I need
usmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Armorer, Mechanic, Logistics
Name: Chris
usmcgoose's Tacoma Gallery
I did crossfit for about 6 months when I was in NC. The results I had were good. The only thing I noticed was after a while with it, I lost strength in weight lifting. So I began a balanced regime between that and weight lifting
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
I've been doing it for about a month now and I can already tell huge differences in almost everything I do.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdawg14m View Post
Crap costs way to much!
Free for me.

You can really do most of it on your own, just need the basic stuff, kettlebells, a pull up bar, medicine ball that sort of thing.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #12
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Best exercise ever! I do it 5 days/week
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ya you can do it at home, I just dont get as motivated as I do working out with other people.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Ya you can do it at home, I just dont get as motivated as I do working out with other people.

Yeah. My crew motivates me. It is almost a friendly competition, for bragging rights at the very least.

We have abotu 15 boards that times are tracked on. Helps to see your improvement in times too.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
rlanicek will become famous soon enoughrlanicek will become famous soon enough

Marines:
Name: Rick
rlanicek's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rlanicek
Crossfit is by far the most effective workout regime I've ever used, but you have to do it regularly. The Crossfit schedule is three days on, one off. You could probably deviate a little but it is more effective if you stay as close to it as possible.

Oh, and it's free. Look on the Crossfit website for the Workout of the Day (WOD) and do it in whatever gym you belong to. Many workouts can be done at home.

I did it religiously for two years while in Afghanistan, and I came home in the best shape of my life.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
OMG I love Crossfit! I started doing Crossfit with my Brother Denny (Dtrujillo63) back in August as a birthday present to myself...It's helped me so much! That I can officially say I am becoming a Crossfitter for life!! My start weight was 320lbs and I am down to 280lbs in the short 5.5 months I have been doing it!

My Cardio has skyrocketed my strength has increased dramatically. I'm telling you guys it's the best thing EVER!!! I love how challenging the WODs are especially the signature workouts! I had my crack at "Fight gone bad" a couple of weeks ago and it was fucken awesome!

I workout 5 days a weeks, I usually attend the last class of the evening but I'm there about an hour in advance because I like to row 5000m before every class! I love to Row! my 2000m row time is 7:30 and my 5000m row time is 20:22 (Both top times in the gym) hopefully I can keep improving those times. My goal in the next few years is to keep working out hard so one day I can take a crack at the Crossfit games
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
OMG I love Crossfit! I started doing Crossfit with my Brother Denny (Dtrujillo63) back in August as a birthday present to myself...It's helped me so much! That I can officially say I am becoming a Crossfitter for life!! My start weight was 320lbs and I am down to 280lbs in the short 5.5 months I have been doing it!

My Cardio has skyrocketed my strength has increased dramatically. I'm telling you guys it's the best thing EVER!!! I love how challenging the WODs are especially the signature workouts! I had my crack at "Fight gone bad" a couple of weeks ago and it was fucken awesome!

I workout 5 days a weeks, I usually attend the last class of the evening but I'm there about an hour in advance because I like to row 5000m before every class! I love to Row! my 2000m row time is 7:30 and my 5000m row time is 20:22 (Both top times in the gym) hopefully I can keep improving those times. My goal in the next few years is to keep working out hard so one day I can take a crack at the Crossfit games
I love hearing stories like this. The sister of one of out trainers dropped over 50lbs doin this. Keep it up and you will no doubt hit your goal. Rowing is super fun, I hit the 500m row in 1:41. Rowing is bad ass, I love it.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I love hearing stories like this. The sister of one of out trainers dropped over 50lbs doin this. Keep it up and you will no doubt hit your goal. Rowing is super fun, I hit the 500m row in 1:41. Rowing is bad ass, I love it.
I got you beat in the 500M 1:32...yeah dude CF has changed my life so much! When people ask me about it I can never shutup!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
I got you beat in the 500M 1:32...yeah dude CF has changed my life so much! When people ask me about it I can never shutup!
Great, gotta go do some rowing tomorrow now I am the same way when talking to people. Im sick and I still went yesterday and today, gotta get that work out in