Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

P90x

Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
It's made by a company that boasts beach body as opposed to functional fitness. True you may get cut; so long as you follow the diet. That's true with any program though and nutrition is the key to success. I had a friend do that and then do Crossfit with me and he saw better results. Just my 0.02, just remember the diet is more important that the workouts. Zone diet and Paleo diet will help. Plus the programming for crossfit is free www.crossfit.com Good luck either way!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
impostor is on a distinguished road
impostor's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested in P90X as well. Does P90X tell you what kind of workout equipment you need to have for it? I hate to sink money into it and then find out that I also need to buy umpteen hundreds of dollars of equipment for the exercises.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #23
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
You need a basic set of weights, dumbells (basic ones) are about $1 per lb, so I'd say you need a set of 5's, 10's, 15's and 20's to start. That's about $100. A set of pushup bars are about $10-15, and then a pullup bar is probably $20-30. That's really all you need. The pushup bars are optional, just makes things easier on your wrists. As you get stronger you may need heavier weights. For most of the stuff though a 20 is more than you'll want to do starting off.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
impostor is on a distinguished road
impostor's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Thanks for the info xodeuce!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
still doing the insanity workout! 1 week in! and its kicking my ass
Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #26
adamstoy is on a distinguished road
Marines: mals31 aviation
Name: adam
adamstoy's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone done p90x with crossfit combined. i'm doing crossfit now and have p90x but couldn't stay with the x fitness for more than 2 months
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by impostor View Post
I'm very interested in P90X as well. Does P90X tell you what kind of workout equipment you need to have for it? I hate to sink money into it and then find out that I also need to buy umpteen hundreds of dollars of equipment for the exercises.

I did it and it was more like a P30X. This is by no means a starter workout. You should already be in excellent physical condition or it will kick your ass. You will need either a pull-up bar or resistance bands. You need to have 90 (uninterrupted) minutes a day and a great diet to get the most out of the program. Oh and the Abe Ripper is the devil.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
It works. Great workout plan. Tonny Horton is a freak of nature!

I originally started with p90x with my friend (who got a wicked 6 pack after like 2 months of it) and we then moved to the gym. Best decision I've made with my life in as long as I can recall.

It's great for weight loss and learning to get into a really good routine, but we quit it because it is majorly body weight exercises, which you get diminished gains from pretty quick so we moved to the gym for heavy weights.

Since starting it on it about 18 months ago I have gotten into a good routine, gains over 20lbs in muscle and am in the best shape of my life (lean athletic build, not a beef cake)
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you mean the army PT program isn't keeping you just shredded?

i dont beleive it...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #30
Thread Killer
LEBM is on a distinguished road

LEBM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
I did it and it was more like a P30X. This is by no means a starter workout. You should already be in excellent physical condition or it will kick your ass. You will need either a pull-up bar or resistance bands. You need to have 90 (uninterrupted) minutes a day and a great diet to get the most out of the program. Oh and the Abe Ripper is the devil.

Love the ab-ripper... 14 minutes straight with very little rest...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
Great workout!!! I lost 30 lbs of fat in the first month. Then I started to gain muscle. The diet was the hardest thing, hours in the kitchen cooking. The workout was the easy part.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #32
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
P90X kicks ass. My sister and I have been doing the workouts. Its pretty tough but fun at the same time.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #33
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
Hey fellow p90x'ers. ok im seeing nice results with just 2 weeks into it and lemme say it kick ass. ill post before and current pics if u guys want.

However, i find that im struggling to do 100% of all the workouts from start to finish. And workouts from the previous day seem to slow me down on the next *due to soreness. Am i still getting the full benefits from the work out? When i say struggling i mean muscles beginning to shake and giving out on me
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #34
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, not trying to thread jack by any means, but I am starting up my second round of p90x here in a couple weeks and have a small group of followers if anyone is interested in joining us. I also have the entire program on a file now on my computer, so if anyone wants the program and cost is an obstacle, I can get it to you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hea...nterested.html