LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

P90x

Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
P90x

Any of you guys use it? Ive been losing weight (muscle) after getting home from basic and AIT, and its starting to show. I have all 13 DVDs on my computer and would like to start it. From the guys that have tried it, did you stick with it? Good workout?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
I want to try it so bad, but just cant get myself to get it because Im scared I will not be able to keep up with the workouts.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
I've used it, decent variety and workouts. The thing with P90X is that it is designed specifically for people who are beginners or intermediate level. The reason all those people in the infomercials got such good results is because they were mostly untrained. You always gain strength and size the fastest in the first 3-4 months. So if you're looking to get back into shape, it's worth a shot. If you are already in decent shape, don't expect to make any huge progress.

The variety of routines is probably the most appealing aspect of it and you also feel like you've got training partners with you. If you're after brute size or strength though nothing will replace a legitimate weight training routine.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im just trying to get cut again.. I was fairly ripped just 6 weeks ago, and lost a lot of it.. And going to the gym isnt an option right now.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Im just trying to get cut again.. I was fairly ripped just 6 weeks ago, and lost a lot of it.. And going to the gym isnt an option right now.
If you follow the meal plan strictly you will definitely get ripped. The workouts are tough but not brutal. Following the diet is half your success. I did it more for a change of routine though.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
P90x is pretty bad ass. See if you can get a hold of the P90x+ workouts as well.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
They kick your ass. I have it!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I did it for about 6 weeks and was really impressed. As they say, the diet is awesome. I think it was Jack Lalanne that said, "If fitness is king, then nutrition is queen." The food is pretty good and tasty too. I would have stuck with it longer, but my work schedule with travel was prohibitive.

Ab Ripper X is awesome. In 6 weeks I was pretty impressed with the progress over all, but of all the areas, my abs were absolutely ripped!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
I did it last summer, intense as hell. Have to be highly motivated, because an hour a day is alot more difficult than it sounds. However, it's absolutely worth it. I lost almost 2" from my waist, and gained 14 lbs.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #11
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like i'll start it once I pick up some weights and a pull up bar.

I did a insanity workout today, its all cardio with that.. it makes you sweat bad! LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up the set from my brother last week, I'm going to give it a try today. I'm fairly skinny but when I used to workout a lot and I was ripped and strong. Hopefully this would help me get some of it back.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #13
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Just picked up the set from my brother last week, I'm going to give it a try today. I'm fairly skinny but when I used to workout a lot and I was ripped and strong. Hopefully this would help me get some of it back.
You just have to eat...ALOT
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #14
Taco89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nik
Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
i tried p90x before and didnt like because i was looking to get bigger so i stuck to weights, BUT i just got the Insanity workout by saun T - if your looking to get ripped AND in shape this is what you need, its all cardio plus works out your upper body and lower body without any weights, its crazy. plus you will get faster and jump higher - if you want to get in shape, this is the workout for you.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody want to sell theirs? I want to try it.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I like it but damn its hard staying at it.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Anybody want to sell theirs? I want to try it.
I can probably hook you up with insanity...

Insanity is a great cardio workout, I was winded the entire time
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #18
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
I can probably hook you up with insanity...

Insanity is a great cardio workout, I was winded the entire time
Is it something a 210lb fat out of shape boy can do? If so Ill give it a try. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Is it something a 210lb fat out of shape boy can do? If so Ill give it a try. Thanks!
Uhh.. idk man. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, and it kicked my ass. I'll see if i can compress it into email size.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! If you can Ill try it even if it kills my.