Old 01-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Timmy
timofthehill is on a distinguished road
Name: Timmy
timofthehill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to timofthehill
Anyone Have a Bowflex?

Hello everyone,
I have been looking into a bowflex lately and wondering if you could help me out.. I need to get back in shape and once I am in shape to stay that way.. Going to the gym is hard to find a place close to home and be open at the time I can get there due to the hours I usually work. On top of all this, I have had a hip replacement about 2-3 years ago, cuz of an accident that happened 5 years ago.. I need to keep the muscle up in my legs to makesure that I don't mess anything up. So I just wanted to see how good it is when it comes to legs, abs and chest and arms? Also I wanted to see if you hated bowflex or loved bowflex?
Thanks everyone,
Tim
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my dad had one of the original power rod systems and they worked great for legs and arms. I think abs were kind of difficult to do on them. I recently bought the bowflex select tech dumbell 1090 system for myself. I think dumbells are the way to go now. There really is not anything you can't do with them and a weight bench.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Bowflex isn't worth the money IMO. I went with an Olympic size weight bench, barbell and dumbells.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
07tacomatrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
07tacomatrd's Tacoma Gallery
i have the PR3000 and i like it, its easy to use and change to different exercises, however with it there isnt a whole lot you can do in the way of leg exercises. also it only comes with the "210lbs" resistance so getting the 100lb upgrade is a must (even though i havent). i mostly got my bowflex because its kid friendly and what i felt like a 5year old wouldnt get hurt on as easy as something else. all in all i would get it again and i am pleased with it.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
join a gym.

24 hr fitness is $300 for 2 years.

They are open 24 hours a day to accommodate your work schedule
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
javataco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
javataco's Tacoma Gallery
bowflex

I have trained alot over the last 20 years and I have had my bowflex for 11 years, I will say it is the most quality piece of equipment I have ever used. It takes some getting used to, as the max poundage is at peak contraction of the muscle, as we get older the free weights and barbells play hell with our joints, this machine really helps with that!!!

Top notch as far as I am concerned!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
join a gym.

24 hr fitness is $300 for 2 years.

They are open 24 hours a day to accommodate your work schedule
Not all gyms are open 24/7, and not all towns have a gym. Or a nearby town.

Besides, I'd rather drop $1000 of my own money and have a home gym than pay to go. Plus it'll last me and my family a lifetime.

Of course, for that money, it'd be a motley collection of Craigslist and garage sale rejects
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
I had a bowflex, never used it. I always drove to the gym to work out.