LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Tore my ACL, Surgery on the 22nd!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #21
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thanks guys for the input. I enjoy having different opinions.

My knee is still wraped and bandaged and I still have the stitches in. I move my knee all day even though I am on the sofa. I also eat pretty well all the time, I'm very active or was very active until this happened. I teach Martial Arts so I am fairly healthy. I'll certainly call around to see what kind of rehab is avaliable in my area.
How is your knee doing Lucas?? Hope its feeling better.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #22
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
The doctor is very impressed. I'm still not allowed to walk. But on the 19th they will let me start putting some weight on it.
One side affect is that from sitting so long I now sit on my back as I am running out of ass. lol. The up side is I have not experienced any pain that is bother some. As a matter of fact I haven't taken any pain meds since the 1st week. Thank you very much for asking.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #23
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're doing better.

Whatcha doin' w/ the extra pain meds??
Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could tear my ACL, get me out of work for about 3 months until I get out of the Military, I guess u could call me a Malingering shitbag, but I am tired of working partys also known as chain gangs for u Civs
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Glad you're doing better.

Whatcha doin' w/ the extra pain meds??
That is a very popular question around here lately. lol. I have well over half of my first bottle left and 2 more to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Wish I could tear my ACL, get me out of work for about 3 months until I get out of the Military, I guess u could call me a Malingering shitbag, but I am tired of working partys also known as chain gangs for u Civs

I'd aim for one of the other ligaments in your knee. Still out of work but would allow you to walk. My uncle had surgery yesterday at 1 and was able to walk to the car at 5. Me still have my left leg and 2 crutches. Really cuts down on my activities. lol.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #26
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I tore everything BUT my ACL on mothers day of '08... Triple jumping at the divisional track meet (ranked 2 in the state), so not cool. I opted to not have the surgery and I underwent A LOT of Physical Therapy. Now I am regretting not having the surgery. I have yet to fee like I am "Healed", so if I were to do it again, I would get the surgery. Best of luck to you, and let us know how it goes! You will be better off than me. I couldn't walk at all until 3 months after... 6 months till I could walk normal.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #27
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Damn. After that story I'm def. getting the surgery if I tear everything.