Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

For the weightlifters

Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
just worked out maybe ill drink a glass
Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #22
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i take xrated once a day usually after my work out it's 204g of protein and 3,000 calories. gained 17 pounds in 2 months and my bodyfat went from 9% to unreadable
Old 02-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #23
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Chocolate milk is even better for post workout.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #24
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbowhunter View Post
Chocolate milk is even better for post workout.
can you explain why? thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
can you explain why? thanks
After you get done working out your body can use the fast digesting carbs. from the chocolate milk to help you recover faster. Thats why you should eat fast digesting carbs first thing in the morning as well as postworkout when you body will use them from fuel and protein synthesis and not store them as fat. Thats kind of it in a nutshell.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #26
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbowhunter View Post
After you get done working out your body can use the fast digesting carbs. from the chocolate milk to help you recover faster. Thats why you should eat fast digesting carbs first thing in the morning as well as postworkout when you body will use them from fuel and protein synthesis and not store them as fat. Thats kind of it in a nutshell.
what are some good fast digesting carbs? and thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #27
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
i take xrated once a day usually after my work out it's 204g of protein and 3,000 calories. gained 17 pounds in 2 months and my bodyfat went from 9% to unreadable
How hard do you train? Sorry but why would you ever need 204g of protein post workout?

Regardless, I take L-Glutamine every morning and night, L-Arginine pre workout, 100% Whey protein with a glass of milk and load Creatine post workout. I have found this the most effective for getting results.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #28

i think he mean 204 g /day
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #29
Third Coast

Quote:
what are some good fast digesting carbs? and thanks
Things like regular ol table sugar. One of the cheapest and easiest things to eat that is fast digesting is white bread. If you want to know more just do a search on Google on the glycemic index.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #30

^ ok thanx
Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #31
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think he mean 204 g /day
Even at that number your supposed to take in about 1/3 of your bodies weight in protein everyday. That's just going to put a ridiculous amount of stress on his kidneys.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #32
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
^^^i think the protein intake depends on how hard/what kind of training youre doing but yeah 1/3 is a good start. Your body can only process 20g in one serving aka if you ever have a mass gainer with like 60g's of protein, you piss like 25 minutes later...thats not from your H20 intake, thats your kidneys filtering out all the protein not processed and does put stress on your kidneys.

i weigh 230 at 6'2" lift 5 times a week and box 3 times a week, always mix protein with milk afterwards, tastes the best and get the better gains from it, i usually try to work in somewhere between 100-140g of protein a day, spread out in 20g increments, which results in higher retention of the protein you're actually taking. I also consume on average 60-80oz. of water daily to help out the kidneys.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #33

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOH View Post
^^^i think the protein intake depends on how hard/what kind of training youre doing but yeah 1/3 is a good start. Your body can only process 20g in one serving aka if you ever have a mass gainer with like 60g's of protein, you piss like 25 minutes later...thats not from your H20 intake, thats your kidneys filtering out all the protein not processed and does put stress on your kidneys.

i weigh 230 at 6'2" lift 5 times a week and box 3 times a week, always mix protein with milk afterwards, tastes the best and get the better gains from it, i usually try to work in somewhere between 100-140g of protein a day, spread out in 20g increments, which results in higher retention of the protein you're actually taking. I also consume on average 60-80oz. of water daily to help out the kidneys.
I couldn't agree more, I just have a hard time believing anyone taking over 200g's in one sitting alone. I take about 80-100g's daily over the course of 5-6 meals a day. I drink about the same amount of water, and I am 6' at 160lbs, aiming for 170.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #35
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
Even at that number your supposed to take in about 1/3 of your bodies weight in protein everyday. That's just going to put a ridiculous amount of stress on his kidneys.
you're supposed to have a gram of protein for every pound in your body each day, but thats through the whole day
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #36
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
milk also has plenty of fat. always try to drink less than whole milk.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #37

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8_BEAST View Post
you're supposed to have a gram of protein for every pound in your body each day, but thats through the whole day
It's all relative to what kind of training your doing and what your goals are, the average person should consume 1/3 their body weight daily to sustain good health. However if your lifting and trying to bulk up that's when you take more. One gram per pound body weight is still a lot of protein to intake for the average weight lifter.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #38
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
if you are trying to bulk up you need a gram per lb of body weight. i don't lift much now but back in the day i use to lift all the time and had to get 200 grams per day. it sucked but i got huge. but fyi, your body cannot absorb more than about 50 grams at any given time, no matter how hard you just worked out. if you took 200 grams at once you'd absorb about 50 then just shit out the rest. after it takes its toll on your kidneys of course
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #39
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i train really hard, and i do it at once sometimes or 2x a day. no kidney problems yet? i drink a gallon of water a day too tho
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #40
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
i train really hard, and i do it at once sometimes or 2x a day. no kidney problems yet? i drink a gallon of water a day too tho
do what 2x a day? get 200 grams of protein? if so that is not only terrible for you but a complete waste of protein. you know how its literally impossible for your body to absorb a gallon of milk in an hour? its also literally impossible for you body to absorb that much protein at once.