LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

For the weightlifters

Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st EOD Co.
Name: Tom
DuderAbides's Tacoma Gallery
For the weightlifters

Found this very interesting. Friends of mine at work brought up the subject about how milk is good for you after a workout. At first I didn't know what to think of it. I found this article on bodybuilding.com, and I found it pretty interesting, I think i'll give it a shot.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul1.htm
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
has everything you need...thats why GOMAD works so well
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
cool. i usually drink some of that muscle milk stuff (may be muscle milk but not sure) but i usually mix that with a cup of milk at the end of each work out. It does pretty good.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I was talking to the trainers about protein stuff and they told me to just drink a big glass of milk after a work out. I just dont realy like drinking milk by itself. Good find.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've always mixed my protein with milk
Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
sethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Missile Maint Tech, 2 Muns
Name: Seth
sethr21785's Tacoma Gallery
If you are poor like me and want to gain muscle mass than you should eat oatmeal, eggs, and tuna. Those are the cheap building blocks
Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethr21785 View Post
If you are poor like me and want to gain muscle mass than you should eat oatmeal, eggs, and tuna. Those are the cheap building blocks
And grilled chicken. mmm
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I always have a glass of milk after a workout.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I think i'm gonna go with just the milk, after workouts. And use the milk plus a scoop of protein as a meal replacement. I'm trying to cut weight here before I head out on this deployment. So my daily schedule is consisting of a 4 mile run around the lake on base, do my daily strength training/weight training during lunch, and then after work I spend 20 min on the treadmill starting at about a 6% incline usually ending at a 10% incline, speeds usually vary between 6-7.5mph and my walking speed is 4.5mph. After that, I spend another 20 min on the elliptical machine, AND finally, about 15 minutes in the sauna, needless to say, I sleep very well at night!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuderAbides View Post
I think i'm gonna go with just the milk, after workouts. And use the milk plus a scoop of protein as a meal replacement. I'm trying to cut weight here before I head out on this deployment. So my daily schedule is consisting of a 4 mile run around the lake on base, do my daily strength training/weight training during lunch, and then after work I spend 20 min on the treadmill starting at about a 6% incline usually ending at a 10% incline, speeds usually vary between 6-7.5mph and my walking speed is 4.5mph. After that, I spend another 20 min on the elliptical machine, AND finally, about 15 minutes in the sauna, needless to say, I sleep very well at night!
I would sleep for a whole day on that schedule
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Trainers have always told me to avoid milk after workouts because it congeals in the stomach and takes longer to digest. After training you want nutrients (amino acids) getting into the muscle cells as fast as possible. The main transporter of nutrients in the blood stream is insulin. Sugar causes an insulin spike so the best after workout drink IMO is water, protein powder, and a simple sugar like dextrose which is as close to glucose (blood sugar) as you can get.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
I would sleep for a whole day on that schedule
Haha, I'll take that as a compliment bro! It definitely wears me out at the end of the day!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
ill definetily increase my milk consumption this seems very necessary
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
sucks to be lactose!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #15
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I eat tuna, oat meal, and mass-tech mixed with milk after 30 min after every workout.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
after a work out, you want milk OR protein, not mixed.

I think the reason is that milk has a different type of protein and they get digested at different rates, so basically you won't get all the benefits from your protein suplement. Better off stacking protein mixed with water + amino acid pills.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
beetlejuice2275 will become famous soon enough

Name: Reximus
beetlejuice2275's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #18
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
Trainers have always told me to avoid milk after workouts because it congeals in the stomach and takes longer to digest. After training you want nutrients (amino acids) getting into the muscle cells as fast as possible. The main transporter of nutrients in the blood stream is insulin. Sugar causes an insulin spike so the best after workout drink IMO is water, protein powder, and a simple sugar like dextrose which is as close to glucose (blood sugar) as you can get.
...milk cant congeal in your stomach because your stomachs acids are way too harsh (they have a pH of 2) so now way in hell that milk is gonna congeal!

and ive always mixed my protein powder with milk, its the best for you and my stuff tastes like a milk shake
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle_cakes View Post
after a work out, you want milk OR protein, not mixed.

I think the reason is that milk has a different type of protein and they get digested at different rates, so basically you won't get all the benefits from your protein suplement. Better off stacking protein mixed with water + amino acid pills.
'This is something that I feel needs to be cleared up. The mainstream bodybuilding crowd would tell you "yeah, drink your whey with water after you workout, if you drink it with milk, the casein will slow down absorption".
Trust me, for what it's worth, it is much, much better to drink milk post workout. There are huge anabolic benefits of taking whey protein with casein post-workout [3]. Make the switch, and you will see for yourself.'
do you still stand by your statement?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I always drink milk after a work out and red deer or elk meat. It is virtually fat free and is loaded with protine and iron.