1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting P90X soon, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Health' started by memario1214, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Mar 23, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    dave831

dave831 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    thanks again to Colton!!! i started on 3-22-10 so im on day 2 and wow is this hard!!! as stated before i hate it and love it soooo much!!!

2. Mar 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I'm starting Monday with my dad and my younger cousin. I figured it would be better motivation if I had a couple people do it with me. I don't need to loose weight because I'm 5'4" and 130 lbs (yes I'm a skinny short guy lol) but I'd like to loose like 10lbs and then gain it back in muscle and maybe more if I can gain it lol

3. Mar 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    SixFifty

SixFifty Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Day 40 - definitely seeing results (even @ 4 days/week) Tried insanity yesterday - made me feel like day 1 on P90!

4. Mar 24, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    I have the PowerBlocks and absolutely love them. I bought them over ten years ago and they are still in great shape. I have seen lots of adjustable weight systems in that ten year time and none of the compare to the simplicity of the PowerBlocks. There is nothing to really break on them so you don't have to worry about anything "gimmicky" on it wearing out. And it is really fast to change the weights. Just make sure you put them down on a hard surface like a board. If you put them down on carpeting, the carpet pad will push up the handles and make it a little hard to get the pin in the right place.

Yoga X is definitely my least favorite day of the week.

5. Mar 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Yeah, no worries man. I am glad we got some more interest in this thread again. Plyo is a biotch, but once you know what you are up against doing it the first time, it's not so bad. I did a P90X workout (Plyo) for the first time with someone last night. It makes a big difference as to how far you will push yourself... I am 3 weeks in, recovery week is next week. Then I am moving onto phase 2 baby! I will take some phase 1 photos and post them into my photobucket account next week along with my beginning photos. I have not seen any big changes in this phase 1, but I didn't last time either. Phase 2 is when the change really begins...

6. Mar 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    I am a skinny tall guy... So don't worry about that there. Also, especially for us, DO NOT step on the scale. If you are naturally skinny, it doesn't matter what you weigh. It is how you look and feel. The main tip I can give you is don't UNDEReat. I eat all the time so I can gain an ounce. Keep gaining the muscle and with your body type, you will naturally shed the excess fat.

7. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    How long are the workouts? My work schedule is stupid. And most days I don't have enough down time to recoup from my hours at work.

8. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Right about an hour for each of them...

9. Mar 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    anyone doing their diet plan with it?

10. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    I don't follow the meal plan but I made a bunch of copies of the portion method. Whenever I eat a serving I just highlight the box so I know what I've done. I don't really start the diet plan until after I've been doing the program for about a month. That way my strength is to the point where I can actually starting putting out maximum effort. The first few weeks is basically getting your joints used to that much work. The diet will be more effective when you can put out maximum effort on all sets.

11. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    THanks for the heads up. I don't need to loose the pounds because I look like a stick but I wasn't sure if it would help make things better if I ate better/healthier.

12. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    Thanks,

Yeah I'm naturally skinny. I eat the worse stuff possible and stay skinny. I'll keep eating all the time but I think I'm going to eat better healthier items insted of crap.

13. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    subbed for later

14. Mar 26, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Well yeah, don't just eat junk... but do keep putting the food away. I am hard pressed to gain a pound eating normally, so I supplement with a lot of protein and stuff to put on the weight.

15. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Well, this thread has died down a little bit, but I am OFFICIALLY DONE! With Phase 1 that is... Haha. I took some pictures and put them in photobucket to show what has happened (the links are in the OP). You probably won't notice a whole lot, but I didn't have much going on in phase 1 last go around either. Little bit, but I have got a long way to go...

Also, check out my original post for a different option for those of you who want to work out in front of your television. Costs just $15 to get everything in a hard copy, so I figure it won't be a bad deal for you guys.

16. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    I justed finished my work out i feel shitty because i did not do all the work outs because i am not feeling good had my teeth worked on today and stupied idea i know i had susi before the work out pump me up memario1214 i need help i am losing the war! Also i dont see much weight loss but my paints fit big now maybe i am ganing musule!haha i cant spell to tired feel shitty!

17. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Then drag your sorry ass to bed! Nothing I can do for you at this time of night... -Colton

18. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    octoe599

octoe599 ThaTacoMan714

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Orange County, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport Long Bed (Silver)
    ICON MidTravel Coilovers, up front w/ Total Chaos UCAs, ICON Remote Res. in rear W/ 3Leaf AAL, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Rear Differential Breather relocation, Map lights on w/ dome light, Exhaust dumped over rear axle, Maglite seat mount, De-Badged painted black and Re-Badged, Parking lights as turn signals (No-Relay Method), S2000 Honda antenna mod, Cheap and easy DTRL, Mud flaps removed, US Spec PA15-Toy IPOD adapter, Fog lights on anytime, Tailgate hose clap theft prevention w/ J.B. Weld
    when are you usually online so i can download the p90x program?:)

19. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    I'm online all of the time buddy... If you have gbridge I don't need to be sitting in front of my computer for you to be able to download it.

20. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    pwrstrk02

pwrstrk02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    kansas city missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4,dc,off road, black pearl
    i made it through 2 weeks of p90x. it is a very stressful work out to say the least. i started p90x cause i was out of shape and also a four wheeler accident i had about 12 yeears ago. i had surgery on my knee, i unnoticably started to favor that knee over time, i went to the gym and got a personal trainer (paid for by work) that noticed this first. i could squat 220lbs with my right leg and only 60lbs with my left knee. 12 years and i never noticed this. my leftleg was just a crutch. i then got started on p90x and it makes you measure everything on your body and that is when i noticed that y left leg is 1.2" smaller than the right. at any rate i wound having to have an mri and the ortho dr said i need to quit. i should get a new knee but i was too young. just stick to brisk walks and bikes. i bought a harley. but if any of you can do the p90x and do it honestly, you will notice big differences in a matter of days. and if you can get copies for $15, do it, you will never find them for that price anywhere else.

Products Discussed in

To Top