Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #21
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I can't.

Running is not something I can do...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.morris89 View Post
if thats all it takes...try special forces..lol. Those are just the minimum scores. If you can only do those scores you will not make it in any special unit
LOL my Dad and brother are both SF and they are friggin monsters for PT!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I think I could blaze through everything but the swimming
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #25
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like the reason swimming is first is so that you get so tired out, that push up and sit ups aren't as easy as they normally are.....
Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #26
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind that these are just prerequisites, just to see if you qualify to attend the training. I had to do all that to attend S.E.R.E training in the air force. the swimming was definatley the rough part.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
that was an awesome book.

All the training he described in that books was insane, I got exhausted just reading it

the rest was amazing also, one of the most intense books i've ever read
Great book.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #28
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Keep in mind that these are just prerequisites, just to see if you qualify to attend the training. I had to do all that to attend S.E.R.E training in the air force. the swimming was definatley the rough part.
x2
That is what you have to do to prove you can go to a school where you have a slim chance of becoming a SEAL. It's an entry test for the try outs.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Those requirements would not be hard to meet for most fit individuals. I agree the swimming would be the most difficult "off the couch". A couple months of training would make that relatively mundane.

As stated, people shouldn't confuse this to mean that you do this stuff and suddenly you're a SEAL. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that. One would think that would be obv...
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #30
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Can and have done it. Chose to go EOD instead. Didn't think it was really all that big of a deal, personally.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #31
NorCal Member
dk6487 is a name known to alldk6487 is a name known to alldk6487 is a name known to alldk6487 is a name known to alldk6487 is a name known to alldk6487 is a name known to all

Name: David
dk6487's Tacoma Gallery
Sit-ups were never my strong point. Swimming and track in highschool so no problems there (endurance was my specialty). I'd probably be able to do about 55 push-ups and 7 pull-ups. Still, Seals are some of the best and I'm not sure if I would be what they want when there are others that can do much more.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #32
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
I qualified for the seals but I DOR.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #33
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofspeed View Post
I qualified for the seals but I DOR.
how far you make it?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #35
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...It's been beat up already- but passing the Initial Screening Test and becoming a SEAL are two VERY different things.

I can pass that right now without much issue. The run would be the only thing I would be nervous about.\-It's a 7:20 mile pace and I have horrible form. The fastest 1.5 I've run is about 9:20 and I was dating a cross country runner at the time....Running behind her made it all worth it...=)

As a point of respect/semantics- it's SEALs...not seals or Seals...It stands for Sea, Air, Land.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #36
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
So glad to see that there is more required of the SEALs than just that. I was starting to get worried there.