Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Lets see who can qualify to be a SEAL

Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see who can qualify to be a SEAL

Just for fun, see if you can pass the SEALs physical test.

Complete the Physical Screening Test Requirements. The program is as follows:

* Swim 500 Yards within 12:30
* Rest 10:00
* 42 push-ups within 2:00
* Rest 2:00
* 50 sit-ups within 2:00
* 6 pull-ups (no time limit)
* 1.5 mile run within 11:00
( http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/seals/becomingaseal/ )

Better yet, time yourself on everything and see who can do them the fastest?
idea: if you can't swim, change it out for a bikeride.
"According to Wikipedia, it varies but there are usually 8 blocks to a mile, making a block 660 feet long (201.168 meters). " ( http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090111215924AAhtuTz ) so bike about 2 and a half blocks.

check out the second video here: http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/seals/training/
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I can do it, I was Air Crew Rescue Swimmer in boot camp it's not to hard. You have to realize though, that is just regular pt for basic training, BUDS is a lot harder than that.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
That actually doesn't seem that bad, the worst part would be swimming
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The End's Tacoma Gallery
You also have to do your run in boots, lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
yea, that seems pretty easy actually. The swimming would be the worst part imo.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. Then go sit in the 40 degree water for 30 minutes. The do it again 20 times.Then go sit in the water again.lol

I recommend reading "The Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell
goes into great detail of BUDS and Seal training, Great Book.

SEAL Training is the hardest physical and mental training in the world. That would just be their warm up.
Just cause' you could do this most deifintly doesn't mean you could be a SEAL. not trying to be a dick, just don't want people to get the
idea that this is all it takes to be a SEAL.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
I did my training in Chicago in Nov/Dec...Now that's cold! lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
the only thing i would struggle with is pushups..
Swim 500 yards: did junior lifegaurds for 5 years... i can do it
50 sit ups: i usually knock out 75 when i do em...
6 pullups: i can usually do 7
1.5 mile: my fastest mile is like 7:00-ish
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Haha. Then go sit in the 40 degree water for 30 minutes. The do it again 20 times.Then go sit in the water again.lol

I recommend reading "The Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell
goes into great detail of BUDS and Seal training, Great Book.

SEAL Training is the hardest physical and mental training in the world. That would just be their warm up.
that was an awesome book.

All the training he described in that books was insane, I got exhausted just reading it

the rest was amazing also, one of the most intense books i've ever read
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i'm doing all that as I type this
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
that was an awesome book.

All the training he described in that books was insane, I got exhausted just reading it

the rest was amazing also, one of the most intense books i've ever read

Yea I hear yah'. Im not a big reader but after I read the first page I was hooked. The whole book was intense.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
i'm doing all that as I type this
teach me your ways
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
Just for fun, see if you can pass the SEALs physical test.

Complete the Physical Screening Test Requirements. The program is as follows:

* Swim 500 Yards within 12:30
* 42 push-ups within 2:00
* 50 sit-ups within 2:00
* 6 pull-ups (no time limit)
* 1.5 mile run within 11:00)
In Marine Corps School MCIWS (in '95) we did something very similar, called the "Splash and Dash," but consisted of:
2000 meter swim
rest 5 minutes
run 2 miles
rest 5 minutes
1500 meter swim
rest 5 minutes
run 1.5 miles
rest 5 minutes
500 meter swim
rest 5 minutes
run 1 mile

And then a full day of training after this.

I think this may have been worse than a 20 mile hump, and perhaps the hardest school I had the displeasure of attending.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
i could do all but the swim maybe..i could smoke the pull ups, sit ups, and push ups and the run would be faster than that
Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: American Medical Response
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
I'd definitly would give that a shot. The start sounds like the roughest part but its cake from there,but then again idk how I would feel after swimming that much.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #17
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i could do it,but it would probably kill me
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would asume that is not all they have to do I can ask out tech rescue lead he was a seal, because we do what you typed for our entry level test for our FD Tech team so I would think they do a lot more than that I think that is just a bit of what they do. Oh and I feel the swim is the worst part.