Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Supplements?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Supplements?

What do you take? What has worked and what hasn't? I was taking cytogainer for a while, but now im taking MuscleTech Mass-Tech.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
PETEREDGE has a spectacular aura aboutPETEREDGE has a spectacular aura about

Name: PETER
PETEREDGE's Tacoma Gallery
IMO-ALL MUSCLETECH PRODUCTS ARE CRAP I USE
TRIBULUS TWINLAB
ZMA AT NIGHT
CREATINE(CANT REMEMBER WHAT BRAND THE PURPLE PILL)
OPTIMUN NUTRITION PROTEIN-TWICE A DAY
NOVADEX ON AND OFF (BUT DAMN THATS A STRONG PRODUCT)
MULTI
ARGININE
I WEIGH 185 LBS AND BENCH 365 MAX
USUALLY SQUAT 315 ( FOR 10 REPS 3 SETS)BUT JUST DISLOCATED MY KNEE PLAYING FOOTBALL
POWER CLEAN 215 FOR 4 REPS 2 SETS
DEADLIFT 315 8 REPS 4 SETS
MY KNEE IS REALLY JACKING UP MY WORKOUTS
Old 02-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks for the heads up on muscle tech, this is the first time ive ever used a product from them.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Taco Boosh!
jyffmguy has a spectacular aura aboutjyffmguy has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter: FF/PM
Name: Jeff
jyffmguy's Tacoma Gallery
Biotest Low-Carb Metabolic drive is my protein powder of choice. It's a mix of whey and casein. The theory is that the casein takes longer for the body to digest, therefore leaving you fuller longer. Also, its low calorie, low carb, and as a semi fat bastard, I gotta keep that in check. A lot of your protein powders, mainly the SUPERMASS XXXL 4000 TURBO CHOCOLATE WEIGHT GAINER are loaded with sugar. For me this means instant fatty-izing.

Biotest Flameout - A fish-oil (fatty acid) and CLA blend. Keeps the joints nice and healthy, and CLA has been shown in numous studies to help reduce abdominal fat (the most common, and most dangerous source of extra weight in males)

That's it. I've tried a few other things like testosterone promoters & HOT-ROX (ephedra-like metabolism booster), but I didn't feel they were worth the $100 or so a month I was spending on them.

For the most part, a solid diet and physical fitness routine suited for your particular goal seems to be the best track.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
crealkaline and protein
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
all supplements vary and it depends on your overall goal. watch out though. there are alot of companies that can afford to have great marketing campaigns and push an inferior product. research what you want and get advice from other trainers and then make decisions. theres alot you can do.
from what it sounds like your probably on a mass cycle. and someone around you will probably tell you..or youll read somewhere..that you need to get on a test booster to get bigger harder dryer gains. while parts of that statement are true, let me warn you that there are consequences of everything. excess of test can cause problems. gynocomastia, acne, hair loss, test rage..due to increased libido...all can have harmful effects on your body if not taken appropriately. but please dont think that its just test or hormones that can do this. all products have the ability. if you take the wrong type of creatine..creatine monohydrate..it can turn into creatinine which is actually harmfull to the liver. so when you take creatine make sure its creatine ethyl ester and make sure to up your water intake to around 1 1/2-2 gallons daily. protein is another great supp, just dont use it as a meal replacement. your gains will stop and youll look flat, and probably have an upset stomach. in between meals as a snack will help out alot.
watch all of your supps when stacking. some people just buy stuff and dont really look at the ingredient make up of the particular product. problem is, those people start to get too much of a certain supp. and yes in this situation too much of a good thing is bad. besides blowing money away...taking too much of a certain supp causes your bodies sensitivity to it to rise. when it rises to a certain point it begins to turn off receptors and products become almost useless. they lose their effect. so just start with a good strong diet, train hard, go to bodybuilding.com and study. i love training so much i actually took anatomy, physio, and chem just to learn more about this stuff. so read and youll learn. theres tons of outside forums and sites to learn from. hit me up if you have any questions.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Biotest Low-Carb Metabolic is what I use and red meat usually right after my work out but I think any high protine food or supplement will do the job.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Super Pump 250, Pro Complex, Cell Mass, Creatine, BCAA's
These are pretty much all I take and they have worked out great form me, especially the Super Pump 250 before workouts.
The main ingredient is a lot of hard work.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
NO Xplode by BSN
Old 02-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbowhunter View Post
Super Pump 250, Pro Complex, Cell Mass, Creatine, BCAA's
These are pretty much all I take and they have worked out great form me, especially the Super Pump 250 before workouts.
The main ingredient is a lot of hard work.
ya the superpump is awesome and texasbowhunter that is one of the nicest 1st gens Ive ever seen
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot man. It looks like Secret Squirrels little twin.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMan View Post
In addition to the other advice, dont forget a multi-vitamin to help keep your chemistry proportionate and L-Glutamine to aid your recovery. In addtion to the above, I just supp some portein. It is correct form and hard work that will yield the greatest results.
X2, L-Glutamine works very well with muscle recovery.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
just finished up a cycle of arimatest by musclemeds and it is SHIT compared to what it used to be a year ago, used to be just flat out arimatest, now its methyl arimatest, don't waste your money on it, its not the same product.

next cycle on the list is a
Hemadrol Propadrol cycle by EST
PCT of Clomidex
Liver Maxx:liver support
Creatine: CE2 HI-DEF by by MRI (purple pill)
BCAA's
multi-vites
a shit ton of milk and protein
and my preworkout is Jack3d, this shit is legit, way better than supershits250, naNOvapor, NOexplode, any other preworkout i've tried before, its way cheaper too, 45ish bucks for 45 servings, you should check it out
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
ya the superpump is awesome and texasbowhunter that is one of the nicest 1st gens Ive ever seen
Only thing I noticed on the superpump was I kinda had the runs but not total runs like 60% kinda like spaghetti shit but thicker like pinky finger size in diametre anyone else
Old 02-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #16
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only thing I noticed on the superpump was I kinda had the runs but not total runs like 60% kinda like spaghetti shit but thicker like pinky finger size in diametre anyone else
yeah, i mentioned it in my above post as "supershits250"
Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOH View Post
yeah, i mentioned it in my above post as "supershits250"
haha supershits250 exactly I thought I had some serious problems in my ass but when I finished the supershits it cleared up and I was back to solid thick foot longs
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #18

SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha supershits250 exactly I thought I had some serious problems in my ass but when I finished the supershits it cleared up and I was back to solid thick foot longs
yeah dude, protein really does some amazing stuff to your shits...i never pump out bigger shits than when i'm taking protein haha and that shits on an assembly line!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
transistor281 is on a distinguished road
transistor281's Tacoma Gallery
pro-complex gainer 60g of protein, 650 calories , super-pump 250

went from 155 to 175 in 1 year, body fat is 10%
Old 02-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be a supplement fan, but I have better overall fitness and strength over the long run with food only. I could lift some more weight on creatine, protein, n02, and all that crap, but overall it's much healthier to just eat good food.