Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Jakes workout thread!

Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
Hahaha. Mike. I love how we both agree on shit. I used to be way into bodybuilding. I'm 5'11" and at my prime I was 190lbs. Which, I think is pretty heavy, I really wasn't fat at all.
Oh and btw Jake! before you start looking at all these programs and making up new ones the number one thing you have to take into consideration is nutrition nutrition nutrition. In order for any of these workouts to do you any good at all you have to eat right.
You read my mind treavor. I can tell we are on the same page. Im 5"5" but 170lbs and i wouldnt say im fat. And yeah nutrition is very important. When you eat, what you eat, a porportion size.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha. Mike. I love how we both agree on shit. I used to be way into bodybuilding. I'm 5'11" and at my prime I was 190lbs. Which, I think is pretty heavy, I really wasn't fat at all.
Oh and btw Jake! before you start looking at all these programs and making up new ones the number one thing you have to take into consideration is nutrition nutrition nutrition. In order for any of these workouts to do you any good at all you have to eat right.
im on track right now... sorta this is all new to me so like good "muscle food" is like protien? like eggs and stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
that looks like i have to pay for it im not to into that right now thanks for the link though!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #24
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Basically. go to this site and do some research man. If you're going to get really into this parkour stuff then you should read about training your joints and keeping them healthy and what not.

Nutrition is seriously 90% of you're workout.
When I was a senior in highschool I got a gym pass and would work out like 5 days a week for 3 hours at a time and guess what? I didn't get any stronger nor did I look any different at all! I was 160lbs at the time. I did my research on
www.tmuscle.com
completely changed my eating habits (and to give you an idea I wasn't into all that protein powder stuff, I probably drank 3 protein shakes) and I did this for 6 months and gained 30lbs....30lbs! seriously. I was 190lbs at my prime. I still eat very well and I only work out once a week now for 1 hour and I'm still 185lbs. so seriously jake look into nutrition first before you do get super into working out; it makes a huge difference. my .02 cents

good luck!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednorseman View Post
www.crossfit.com
check it out.

Why is there a dude in a rainbow bikini?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
thats the first thing that came to mind when i heard parkour
Old 02-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
There are lots of different diets out there. I use to cut 35lbs every year during wrestling season. So i know alot about dieting. But for you i think you need a high protein diet because you want to build muscle but you dont want to get to heavy because you have to do alot of running/jumping. I would go with 8 small meals a day. All you carbs should be in the morning and by the night you should be eating alot of protein. Here is some stuff that is good to eat

Protein: Grilled chicken
Steak
Eggs ( dont do egg whites eat the whole thing you need all the nutrition that is in them)
Assorted nuts (unsalted)
Turkey
fiber: Wholeweat raps
Salad
Granola
Then if you want to stay on the slim side you have some things that help you metabolism going: Grape fruit
Hot pepper

Also Drink alot of water: You need water in order for your muscles to grow.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Basically. go to this site and do some research man. If you're going to get really into this parkour stuff then you should read about training your joints and keeping them healthy and what not.

Nutrition is seriously 90% of you're workout.
When I was a senior in highschool I got a gym pass and would work out like 5 days a week for 3 hours at a time and guess what? I didn't get any stronger nor did I look any different at all! I was 160lbs at the time. I did my research on
www.tmuscle.com
completely changed my eating habits (and to give you an idea I wasn't into all that protein powder stuff, I probably drank 3 protein shakes) and I did this for 6 months and gained 30lbs....30lbs! seriously. I was 190lbs at my prime. I still eat very well and I only work out once a week now for 1 hour and I'm still 185lbs. so seriously jake look into nutrition first before you do get super into working out; it makes a huge difference. my .02 cents

good luck!
will do! thanks for all of the info! i will definatley look into nutrition and stuff you seem to know what you are talking about.. thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Why is there a dude in a rainbow bikini?
....... i was thinking the same thing
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #29
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
A good way to get your hand strength up is to hold tennis balls in your hand while doing pull ups.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #30
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Listen to mike too man. He knows what he's talking about as well.
You need carbs too, So don't go on some low carb "diet"
Oatmeal is a great source of good carbs (don't buy the instant oatmeal shit, buy the raw oats)
Chicken is good
Turkey is good
Eggs, Milk, cottage cheese
But don't forget your fruit and veggies!
Brocolli, blueberries, tomatoes, etc. etc.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Grip training Jake! Believe me, don't do pull ups on those bars man. c'moon. If you're going to do pull ups do towel pull ups. muuuch better. Other than that, if you just do parkour, you'll get stronger without having to do all those pushups and what not. But serioulsy consider incorporating some grip training. Here you go:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._grip_training

Grip training FTW. Get a finger board and do 1 finger pull ups! When I lived in korea we had an indoor rock climbing gym. By the time I left I was pretty sick at it with wicked finger and upper body strength.

http://www.epicsportsgear.com/Produc...uctCode=55-562

http://www.rockcreek.com/metolius/rock-rings-cnc/
Old 02-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #32

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Im pumped from reading this now! I cant wait untill my class is over tonight so i can get a hard core work out in.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #33
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
There are lots of different diets out there. I use to cut 35lbs every year during wrestling season. So i know alot about dieting. But for you i think you need a high protein diet because you want to build muscle but you dont want to get to heavy because you have to do alot of running/jumping. I would go with 8 small meals a day. All you carbs should be in the morning and by the night you should be eating alot of protein. Here is some stuff that is good to eat

Protein: Grilled chicken
Steak
Eggs ( dont do egg whites eat the whole thing you need all the nutrition that is in them)
Assorted nuts (unsalted)
Turkey
fiber: Wholeweat raps
Salad
Granola
Then if you want to stay on the slim side you have some things that help you metabolism going: Grape fruit
Hot pepper

Also Drink alot of water: You need water in order for your muscles to grow.
Quote:
Oatmeal is a great source of good carbs (don't buy the instant oatmeal shit, buy the raw oats)
Chicken is good
Turkey is good
good thing i like all that stuff! Love eggs, turkey, steak, grilled chicken, salads, granola.. except brocolli and tomatoes but i guess i can squeeze em down lol
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #34

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chicken is good
Turkey is good

Thanks man. If you lived in NJ I would ask you to be my work out partner. I usually hate having work out partners but some one that is on the same page I think would be cool.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #36
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
So Jake did you work out today. Just checking up on you
i havnt yeat i just got home from school then i got some other stuff to work on but after that ill start.. and thanks for lookin out man!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #37

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i havnt yeat i just got home from school then i got some other stuff to work on but after that ill start.. and thanks for lookin out man!
No problem. You need update us on how its going for you.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #38
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Will do thanks Mike!