Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Daily Back Pain? I'm Only 27!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #21
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
makes me wonder...
Has there been an increase in stress lately?
Have you changed your routine prior to going to bed?
Is your bed worn? It may be time for a new one. If you can't afford it, try making it firmer by placing some boards across the frame. Try sleeping on the floor (sound weird) one night.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #22
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Ice it for 20 minutes and no ice for an hour, repeat... Alieve or ibu every 4 hours, stretch, new bed,(try sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees) chiro adjustment, strengthen the core muscles, bend at the knees. you are not alone. Sucks to get old huh?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #23
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little advice from someone who has had lower back issues since he was 20. Stay away from Chiropractors. Do lots of stretching, and work on your core with exercises. You wouldn't believe how much that'll help with back pain.

If you're going to see a doctor, go see someone who is a good sports medicine doctor. You don't want a doc that works on grandma all day long. Physical therapy would be a good thing also if it gets bad enough for a doctors visit. They can use a stim machine to help strengthen those muscles, massage to loosen you up, and exercises to work on your core.

I was told by my old doctors and athletic trainers to NEVER go to a Chiropractor. It doesn't solve a problem, it's just pain management at best.

Be thankful it's not your neck and back. I'm a 28 year old trapped in a 40 year old's body. Lol
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #24
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice!

Right after I made the appointment with the doc I started to get less and less pain each morning. By the time Monday came around I felt pretty good. The doc had me stand on my feet, my heels, bend down in different ways. I'd feel fine doing some things but I'd feel tension in my back when I did others (like standing on my heels). She diagnosed it as a strained back muscle and said that the muscle I strained is the most common back injury. She recommended sleeping on a harder surface, and putting a pillow under my knees.

I did the pillow thing and my back feels okay now. I do get some tension if I try to touch my toes but thats getting better too. She said that since my pain would show up in the morning and go away by noon on a consistent basis that it was not kidney problems. She said that pains would come up at random times throughout the day if I was having kidney issues.

Unfortunately, she said that once you have an instance of back pain, I'm guaranteed to get it again. She also gave me a book of exercies I can do to strenthen my back and different ways of doing everyday things to put less strain on my back. I didn't know that if you stand for a while that can hurt your back. The brochure said that just putting one foot up on a stool or something would help when standing. Weird.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #25
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice!

Right after I made the appointment with the doc I started to get less and less pain each morning. By the time Monday came around I felt pretty good. The doc had me stand on my feet, my heels, bend down in different ways. I'd feel fine doing some things but I'd feel tension in my back when I did others (like standing on my heels). She diagnosed it as a strained back muscle and said that the muscle I strained is the most common back injury. She recommended sleeping on a harder surface, and putting a pillow under my knees.

I did the pillow thing and my back feels okay now. I do get some tension if I try to touch my toes but thats getting better too. She said that since my pain would show up in the morning and go away by noon on a consistent basis that it was not kidney problems. She said that pains would come up at random times throughout the day if I was having kidney issues.

Unfortunately, she said that once you have an instance of back pain, I'm guaranteed to get it again. She also gave me a book of exercies I can do to strenthen my back and different ways of doing everyday things to put less strain on my back. I didn't know that if you stand for a while that can hurt your back. The brochure said that just putting one foot up on a stool or something would help when standing. Weird.
Glad to hear it's not the stones man. Those suck big time.
The part about putting one foot on a stool kinda surprised me. I figured it would have just the opposite effect. I would've thought putting more weight on one leg would bother the leg bearing more weight and I figured standing on both legs would balance the weight more evenly
Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day! Hope the back pains go away.