1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Daily Back Pain? I'm Only 27!

Discussion in 'Health' started by SManZ, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    makes me wonder...
    Has there been an increase in stress lately?
    Have you changed your routine prior to going to bed?
    Is your bed worn? It may be time for a new one. If you can't afford it, try making it firmer by placing some boards across the frame. Try sleeping on the floor (sound weird) one night.

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    Ice it for 20 minutes and no ice for an hour, repeat... Alieve or ibu every 4 hours, stretch, new bed,(try sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees) chiro adjustment, strengthen the core muscles, bend at the knees. you are not alone. Sucks to get old huh?

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    fau8823

fau8823 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Tint-20%, Kenwood 2 meter radio, firestik 2 meter antenna on a BAMF tailgate mount, Extang Solid Fold , Pioneer bhs-3500 HU, clazzio leather seats, Scangauge II
    Just a little advice from someone who has had lower back issues since he was 20. Stay away from Chiropractors. Do lots of stretching, and work on your core with exercises. You wouldn't believe how much that'll help with back pain.

If you're going to see a doctor, go see someone who is a good sports medicine doctor. You don't want a doc that works on grandma all day long. Physical therapy would be a good thing also if it gets bad enough for a doctors visit. They can use a stim machine to help strengthen those muscles, massage to loosen you up, and exercises to work on your core.

I was told by my old doctors and athletic trainers to NEVER go to a Chiropractor. It doesn't solve a problem, it's just pain management at best.

Be thankful it's not your neck and back. I'm a 28 year old trapped in a 40 year old's body. Lol

4. Mar 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Thanks everyone for the helpful advice!

Right after I made the appointment with the doc I started to get less and less pain each morning. By the time Monday came around I felt pretty good. The doc had me stand on my feet, my heels, bend down in different ways. I'd feel fine doing some things but I'd feel tension in my back when I did others (like standing on my heels). She diagnosed it as a strained back muscle and said that the muscle I strained is the most common back injury. She recommended sleeping on a harder surface, and putting a pillow under my knees.

I did the pillow thing and my back feels okay now. I do get some tension if I try to touch my toes but thats getting better too. She said that since my pain would show up in the morning and go away by noon on a consistent basis that it was not kidney problems. She said that pains would come up at random times throughout the day if I was having kidney issues.

Unfortunately, she said that once you have an instance of back pain, I'm guaranteed to get it again. She also gave me a book of exercies I can do to strenthen my back and different ways of doing everyday things to put less strain on my back. I didn't know that if you stand for a while that can hurt your back. The brochure said that just putting one foot up on a stool or something would help when standing. Weird.

5. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Glad to hear it's not the stones man. Those suck big time.
    The part about putting one foot on a stool kinda surprised me. I figured it would have just the opposite effect. I would've thought putting more weight on one leg would bother the leg bearing more weight and I figured standing on both legs would balance the weight more evenly :confused:
    Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day! Hope the back pains go away.

Products Discussed in

To Top