Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Broken Leg

Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Broken Leg

I absolutely love my Tacooma. Always wanted to get another standard transmission. WELLLLLLLL........I broke my leg yesterday morning, my left leg, so my truck, motorcycle, and 4wheeler are going to be getting some rest.

I go in for my surgical consult tomorrow at 11, so we'll see how much of a rest then.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
How'd you break your leg?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
tacoballs will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeffrey
tacoballs's Tacoma Gallery
i had a ex fix on for 8 monthess starting last august was luckily able to drive 2 monthes after surgury got the thiong off a week ago and broke my leg on sunday now i have to get a rod put in i feel ya this suckss i just wanna drive and my right leg is the problemm
Old 04-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man good luck with the recovery
Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
mxracer244 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
mxracer244's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in your situation before. I broke my left leg not once, but twice. The second time is when I sold my manual transmission truck to get an automatic. Motocross is fun, but has its drawbacks also! :-)

Good luck on your surgery and don't skimp on your rehab!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
How'd you break your leg?
OK, sit down. I broke it playing frisbee football. Came down on someones foot, rolled my ankle(got a real good look at the bottom of my shoe), then my knee popped to the left about 4-6 inches, accompanied by a loud crunch.

I had a bike accident in 05, got bent backwards around a tree, and the in pain from my leg was way worse.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude! Bet that wasnt a pretty sight
Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
Got any good drugs?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #9

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
Got any good drugs?
Just the normal...percs. Although I was doped up on morphine in the ER.

Update......Surgical consult told me 1 month with no weight on my leg. Surgery should be in the next 3 weeks.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
No bueno. I snapped my right femur a few years back (compound fracture).

Couch + laptop + TV = your friends =)
Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vball6pac View Post
OK, sit down. I broke it playing frisbee football. Came down on someones foot, rolled my ankle(got a real good look at the bottom of my shoe), then my knee popped to the left about 4-6 inches, accompanied by a loud crunch.
I missed SF Selection doing the exact same thing. I got away with a sprain though. Just got up, hobbled over to the bleachers, and bandaged myself. It was gay.

Good luck with the healing and DON'T HALF ASS THE PHYSICAL THERAPY.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
I missed SF Selection doing the exact same thing. I got away with a sprain though. Just got up, hobbled over to the bleachers, and bandaged myself. It was gay.

Good luck with the healing and DON'T HALF ASS THE PHYSICAL THERAPY.
x2 I broke my ankle and tore a few tendons and cause I was sure to take it easy I was able to play lacrosse this year ( i broke it playing lacrosse )
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #13

Army:
Well, good news is that I don't have to have surgery as yet. I have actually been driving my truck for the lasst week. The Tacoma's have surprisingly soft clutches. I can drive mine without alot of discomfort, but I tried to drive my buddies Jeep, and OMG!!!

Physical therapist says I have about 1-2 months left with her, I go see the surgeon again next week.

There were times that I was wishing that I had an automatic, but NAH, I'm good.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #14

Army:
Well, yesterday will make it 3 months, and my fracture still isn't healed, and I still have to wear this full leg brace.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Dang man sorry to hear
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you feel better real soon.