LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Acromioclavicular joint separation

Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Acromioclavicular joint separation

Well, just wanted to share my story...
Last month while snowboarding on big bear I tried to do a jump but I fell on my right shoulder, and this is what happened.

I got the 3 ligaments that hold the clavicle to the acromion ripped, so I had to get surgery to lower the clavicle down. The pics suck I know.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
That HAD to hurt! I keep hearing that clavicular breaks are some of the most painful! Anyone ever tell you that you have really short lungs?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Ipunchwalls will become famous soon enoughIpunchwalls will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Ipunchwalls's Tacoma Gallery
I've done this 5 times, 3 to the left shoulder and twice to the right. I played rugby in college. I opted out of the surgery everytime and really haven't had any problems with it. Though my left collarbone is pretty much free floating. It just makes bench pressing a little difficult. I say if there is no major pain and you have full range of motion, you dint really need surgery. Hope you're feeling better.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Acromioclavicular

That's a big word, sound painful.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
afireinside is on a distinguished road
afireinside's Tacoma Gallery
I am a x-ray tech and that is one of the worst I have seen. Hopefully you have a quick and complete recovery
Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
let me be the first to call you a wuss...!! lol j/p

I've done it more times than I can count and it still hurts like a bitch. I just had my second surgery, the first was in 1991. Just keep at your physical therapy and trust me, don't skimp or quit half way through, it'll be double the PITA if you do.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
damn that looks painful. I raced motocross when i was younger - one time I came up short on a triple jump and as I was laying on the ground waiting on the emt's to take me away, I heard someone say "if you are going to be stupid, you'd better be tough."