Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Smoking Neighbors... HELP!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #21
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
How about MOVING OUT, and getting on with your life.

Wow, what an idea
Quote:
When you choose to live in an Apartment, there are things you just have to deal with.

Find a cozy house to rent, you'll be happy!
First off, don't be a dick. Some of us don't get to CHOOSE to live in an apartment. I don't know how expensive houses are to rent where you live, but here a 2 bedroom house is about 2 grand. I guess you must think I am a complete idiot. I never thought about moving until I read your post. What an idea. Maybe my wife and I are trying to do the best with what we have and with twins on the way jumping into a new rental thats half our income isn't possible right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #22
wht09taco will become famous soon enoughwht09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: James
wht09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Box fan.... Apartment mngr.....a hose so you can wash your deck (I mean how would you know if they were down there smoking at the time, Oppps )..
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #23
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Didn't you just have to pull a gun on someone in the same apt building? If not that guy?

I'd open with that story and then ask about being considerate. But yes, people smoke outside, so your stuck with it. Box fan and a nice bird feeder so the birds hang out and shit on the neighbors is always funny if your the one above
Wasn't me. If I had to pull a gun, it would have been life or death and I wouldn't have this problem. I like the bird feeder idea. I may actually do that. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #26
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Wow, what a dick. He came here for help on what to do, for serious answers. He wants to do something to keep the smoke a minimum, and if you can read, he said he's not going to move. Way don't you grow a pair and stop being a dick?
Did I sound like a dick? Sorry, didnt mean to.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #27
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
First off, don't be a dick. Some of us don't get to CHOOSE to live in an apartment. I don't know how expensive houses are to rent where you live, but here a 2 bedroom house is about 2 grand. I guess you must think I am a complete idiot. I never thought about moving until I read your post. What an idea. Maybe my wife and I are trying to do the best with what we have and with twins on the way jumping into a new rental thats half our income isn't possible right now.
again, I didnt intend to sound like a dick. But when talk about suing someone over cigg smoke, it just seems a little extreme and moving would be a better option. Sorry to have offended you, my bad.

Apartment living sucks, with smoking neighbors or not. I am forced to live in one myself and hate it!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #28
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
again, I didnt intend to sound like a dick. But when talk about suing someone over cigg smoke, it just seems a little extreme and moving would be a better option. Sorry to have offended you, my bad.

Apartment living sucks, with smoking neighbors or not. I am forced to live in one myself and hate it!
Geoff, if you bake and send me cookies, I will tell everyone that you are not a dick.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #29
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Geoff, if you bake and send me cookies, I will tell everyone that you are not a dick.
x2

I will also vouche for your "non-dickness" of attitude.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #30
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cmon now I went this long today without thinking of food, as soon a you mentioned cookies i got hungry!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #31
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really surprised they didn't offer to move further from their patio, even with a pregnant wife! What asshats!

I'm on the opposite of this, I'm downstairs and smoke. However I always check if the upstairs people are outside or if their window is open and move accordingly. Which is more consideration than the jackasses give to me, stomping around all hours of the night.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #32
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Hang a piss off the deck everytime they smoke, they'll get the idea.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #33
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
I have had this problem before. First I went to the aparment manager and asked him if he would say something to the neighbor. When that didnt work I called the public board of health in the county and asked them if there is anything that they could do. It is against the law to smoke within 50 feet of a structure in most areas. They came out and said something to the guy. That did not work and he became a real dick so I put a plant on my deck, as soon as I smelled the smoke I turned on a hose to water the plant. I let it run through the cracks on the deck every time they would come out and smoke. When they asked me to turn it off I just ignored them, I was watering my plant. They eventually got the clue and moved. You can also ask the landloard to move you into another unit. Oh yeah the plant was plastic...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #34
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Hang a piss off the deck, they'll get the idea.
Or just throw all your trash out your window on to their porch
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #35
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
cmon now I went this long today without thinking of food, as soon a you mentioned cookies i got hungry!!
Then you likely don't want to hear about the chocolate covered marshmallow chicks that are on my desk right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #37
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then you likely don't want to hear about the chocolate covered marshmallow chicks that are on my desk right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
I am cooking a big juicy steak on the grill right now nad you want to come over...LOL!!
*shakes fist* im at work!!! but imma bbq some steaks that I have marinating in the fridge when I get home!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #38
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That doesn't sound very appetizing.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
*shakes fist* im at work!!! but imma bbq some steaks that I have marinating in the fridge when I get home!
why would you bbq a steak

just throw that bitch on the grill and enjoy its goodness
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #40
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That doesn't sound very appetizing.
how do they not? I love chicks, too bad they were all sold out this easter!! I havent had any since christmas.. im deprived