1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A reality check....

Discussion in 'Health' started by THXEY, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 3:56 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    you'd be surprised what you can eat healthy that tastes good...

i start my day off with raisin bran and super skim milk. it tastes like 2% but without the bad stuff in milk. fiber one makes these bars, i get the strawberry flavored ones, they are delicious! i get special k strawberry 90 cal bars that are awesome too! lean cuisine makes some pretty tasty dinners i eat for lunch. add some propel to water for taste. and eat a portioned dinner of whatever you want and you got a healthy, tastey diet.

also, for a dessert eat a light and fit yogurt of your choice!

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Ba humbug!!! :D

There's probably a gazillion people in the world who do studies like that and every time you turn around, there's something else on the list that you 'shouldn't' eat/drink. Everything is bad for you if you consume too much of it. :p:p

The irony of it all.....How many people have been healthy conscious (and perhaps to the extreme) and end up getting sick or dying of something that was 'in their genes' and un-avoidable. They could've enjoyed life a bit more if they ate more big fat racks of babyback ribs!!! ;)

Having a healthier lifestyle will surely make you feel better, have more energy, and is good for you. And perhaps it'll help you gain a few more years of life....... But honestly? You could die tomorrow in a car accident or die at age 70 with some disease passed through in your genes...you just never know what's gonna be handed to you.

I don't smoke and I don't eat as good as I should, I drink once a day (sorry, I'm not giving that up), I'm of average weight (5'6", 145lbs), my blood pressure is low, my sugar is low,my cholesterol is 170, I have an active job, I go to the gym twice/three times a week and I feel pretty good aside from minor aches/pains (I'm old).

I don't worry too much about it. My husband on the other hand.....he takes cholesterol meds. I'm trying soooo hard to get him to come to the gym with me, and he doesn't like green things (veggies). My goal....is to work on him!!! He's 5'10" and probably 160lbs maybe? dunno...

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    My thoughts are........your diet and the rest won't matter if you're not wearing sunscreen, you'll die from skin cancer. Healthy this, healthy that then you get blindsided from something you're not watching out for or fate fucks you around. Just go out and experience it all in moderation as was mentioned. Excessive amounts of anything good or bad will kill. For example............too much UV exposure without sunscreen for 30 years of surfing on frequent basis-learn not to burn!

[​IMG]

4. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    ha um thanks for the heads up :rolleyes:.

i appreciate the lookin out but...i didnt start surfing last week. i have been surfing for a good 7 years, trust me, i know!

5. Apr 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Ha! I've been telling myself this for the past 3 years...it's helped me gain 15 lbs of flab...

I'm such a p.o.s.; even after reading that study (and many others), I can't compel myself to change my poor diet.

I'm going to go and cut myself now...:rolleyes:

6. Apr 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
  7. May 1, 2010 at 8:39 AM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Clever (and efficient).

8. May 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Plinkerton

Plinkerton Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Start eating healthy food, and you won't go back to eating all that other toxic shit.

It will be hard at first, but make yourself do it. You'll feel better after you eat, and you'll start appreciated that non-fatty healthy clean food taste and feel.

Just force yourself. Eventually you'll start preferring it.

I went thru the same thing.

9. May 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I think the conclusion of the article is obvious... Eat better and excercise and you will live a longer, healthier life. Duh. But did anybody else notice that they asked the participants ONE time about their habits, then just spent 20 years following death certificates? How many of you are following (and have consistantly followed) the same routine and eating habits for 6 months, let alone 20 years?

It seems that they reached a logical conclusion, but that method of study seems like a joke to me.

Regardless, I'm once again trying to improve myself physically. I want to lose some (read: a lot of) weight, so I'm ramping up my running and am going to commit myself to P90X starting on Monday. I don't eat BAD, but I need to improve. Wish me luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top