Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

A reality check....

Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 AM   #21
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
I just wished I liked healthy food
you'd be surprised what you can eat healthy that tastes good...

i start my day off with raisin bran and super skim milk. it tastes like 2% but without the bad stuff in milk. fiber one makes these bars, i get the strawberry flavored ones, they are delicious! i get special k strawberry 90 cal bars that are awesome too! lean cuisine makes some pretty tasty dinners i eat for lunch. add some propel to water for taste. and eat a portioned dinner of whatever you want and you got a healthy, tastey diet.

also, for a dessert eat a light and fit yogurt of your choice!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 AM   #22
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Ba humbug!!!

There's probably a gazillion people in the world who do studies like that and every time you turn around, there's something else on the list that you 'shouldn't' eat/drink. Everything is bad for you if you consume too much of it.

The irony of it all.....How many people have been healthy conscious (and perhaps to the extreme) and end up getting sick or dying of something that was 'in their genes' and un-avoidable. They could've enjoyed life a bit more if they ate more big fat racks of babyback ribs!!!

Having a healthier lifestyle will surely make you feel better, have more energy, and is good for you. And perhaps it'll help you gain a few more years of life....... But honestly? You could die tomorrow in a car accident or die at age 70 with some disease passed through in your genes...you just never know what's gonna be handed to you.

I don't smoke and I don't eat as good as I should, I drink once a day (sorry, I'm not giving that up), I'm of average weight (5'6", 145lbs), my blood pressure is low, my sugar is low,my cholesterol is 170, I have an active job, I go to the gym twice/three times a week and I feel pretty good aside from minor aches/pains (I'm old).

I don't worry too much about it. My husband on the other hand.....he takes cholesterol meds. I'm trying soooo hard to get him to come to the gym with me, and he doesn't like green things (veggies). My goal....is to work on him!!! He's 5'10" and probably 160lbs maybe? dunno...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 AM   #23
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i do get more than 2 1/2 hours of physical activity a week surfing almost everyday.

but yeah what are your guys' thoughts on this?
My thoughts are........your diet and the rest won't matter if you're not wearing sunscreen, you'll die from skin cancer. Healthy this, healthy that then you get blindsided from something you're not watching out for or fate fucks you around. Just go out and experience it all in moderation as was mentioned. Excessive amounts of anything good or bad will kill. For example............too much UV exposure without sunscreen for 30 years of surfing on frequent basis-learn not to burn!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #24
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
My thoughts are........your diet and the rest won't matter if you're not wearing sunscreen, you'll die from skin cancer. Healthy this, healthy that then you get blindsided from something you're not watching out for or fate fucks you around. Just go out and experience it all in moderation as was mentioned. Excessive amounts of anything good or bad will kill. For example............too much UV exposure without sunscreen for 30 years of surfing on frequent basis-learn not to burn!

ha um thanks for the heads up .

i appreciate the lookin out but...i didnt start surfing last week. i have been surfing for a good 7 years, trust me, i know!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #25
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Meh. You lose years off the end of your life. Those are the worst ones anyway.
Ha! I've been telling myself this for the past 3 years...it's helped me gain 15 lbs of flab...

I'm such a p.o.s.; even after reading that study (and many others), I can't compel myself to change my poor diet.

I'm going to go and cut myself now...
Old 04-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #27
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Clever (and efficient).
Old 05-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
Plinkerton is on a distinguished road
Plinkerton's Tacoma Gallery
Start eating healthy food, and you won't go back to eating all that other toxic shit.

It will be hard at first, but make yourself do it. You'll feel better after you eat, and you'll start appreciated that non-fatty healthy clean food taste and feel.

Just force yourself. Eventually you'll start preferring it.

I went thru the same thing.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #29
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I think the conclusion of the article is obvious... Eat better and excercise and you will live a longer, healthier life. Duh. But did anybody else notice that they asked the participants ONE time about their habits, then just spent 20 years following death certificates? How many of you are following (and have consistantly followed) the same routine and eating habits for 6 months, let alone 20 years?

It seems that they reached a logical conclusion, but that method of study seems like a joke to me.

Regardless, I'm once again trying to improve myself physically. I want to lose some (read: a lot of) weight, so I'm ramping up my running and am going to commit myself to P90X starting on Monday. I don't eat BAD, but I need to improve. Wish me luck!