Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Vehicle medical kits....

Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle medical kits....

Any EMS/Firefighters out there? First of all, THANK YOU for what you do.
I keep a vehicle trauma kit in my truck, with a few IV bags, quick clot, HEM-CON dressings, Blue bag, sam splint, tourniquets, ACE wrap, Petrogauze, Asherman chest seals and gloves. Am I missing anything? Any recomendations? Ive rolled onto some nasty accidents in the past and all I had was the shirt on my back to stem bleeding. I follow the boy scout motto of be prepared. Im not an EMT (yet) so the IV bags are questionable I know (more for those rough mornings after) but how is everything else?
Thanks,
Josh
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Volunteer firefighter here.

I usually keep basic dressings and gloves along with an ambu bag, OPA/NPA's, some ears, and a bp cuff.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Your kit sounds pretty good to me. To be honest, I don't have ANYTHING resembling a first aid kit in my truck. I think I have some double sided sticky tape in my glove box, maybe a tube of superglue. Thats about it!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
i honestly dont carry anything. out here in southern cali, we are fortunate enough to have fire stations around everywhere. typical response times run 5-6 minutes from station dispatch. so the tcs i have rolled up to off duty, theres only time to call it in, make patient contact and start a mental triage and start assessing priority patients. by then theres at least an engine and rescue rolling up to help out. so kind of no need to carry anything.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...I was a firefighter/EMT for 7 years and never carried anything like that in my personal vehicle.

I carry a little box in the console with band-aids, ibuprofen, antacids, and pepto pills...lol....my day to day meds!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a BLS bag but Im not really going to get caught up in the legal issues of having to much shit on a scene if Im not working in that district. You start spiking bags in random areas you might have a little problem. The use of my bag is mostly personal and used on friends and what not camping and 4 wheeling. I have suture material and stuff like that if Im out in the boonies but I am not about to do to much on someone I have no ties to because I like my license and job.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I have duct tape, some paper bags, a few rags and a belt. If I can't help beyond that, they're screwed.

There is a LOT of things that can be handled with duct tape...lol