1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vehicle medical kits....

Discussion in 'Health' started by kinetik873, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Any EMS/Firefighters out there? First of all, THANK YOU for what you do.
    I keep a vehicle trauma kit in my truck, with a few IV bags, quick clot, HEM-CON dressings, Blue bag, sam splint, tourniquets, ACE wrap, Petrogauze, Asherman chest seals and gloves. Am I missing anything? Any recomendations? Ive rolled onto some nasty accidents in the past and all I had was the shirt on my back to stem bleeding. I follow the boy scout motto of be prepared. Im not an EMT (yet) so the IV bags are questionable I know (more for those rough mornings after) but how is everything else?
    Thanks,
    Josh

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    EEtaco

EEtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    Volunteer firefighter here.

I usually keep basic dressings and gloves along with an ambu bag, OPA/NPA's, some ears, and a bp cuff.

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Your kit sounds pretty good to me. To be honest, I don't have ANYTHING resembling a first aid kit in my truck. I think I have some double sided sticky tape in my glove box, maybe a tube of superglue. Thats about it!

4. May 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    i honestly dont carry anything. out here in southern cali, we are fortunate enough to have fire stations around everywhere. typical response times run 5-6 minutes from station dispatch. so the tcs i have rolled up to off duty, theres only time to call it in, make patient contact and start a mental triage and start assessing priority patients. by then theres at least an engine and rescue rolling up to help out. so kind of no need to carry anything.

5. May 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Wow...I was a firefighter/EMT for 7 years and never carried anything like that in my personal vehicle.

I carry a little box in the console with band-aids, ibuprofen, antacids, and pepto pills...lol....my day to day meds!

6. May 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    I carry a BLS bag but Im not really going to get caught up in the legal issues of having to much shit on a scene if Im not working in that district. You start spiking bags in random areas you might have a little problem. The use of my bag is mostly personal and used on friends and what not camping and 4 wheeling. I have suture material and stuff like that if Im out in the boonies but I am not about to do to much on someone I have no ties to because I like my license and job.

7. May 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    I have duct tape, some paper bags, a few rags and a belt. If I can't help beyond that, they're screwed.

There is a LOT of things that can be handled with duct tape...lol

Products Discussed in

To Top