1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need to get rid of beer belly and man boobs >:(

Discussion in 'Health' started by 07TacoRidah, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    I'm doing good on my arms and some of my back I guess. One of my older brothers has me doing some sets that work them out, BUT I noticed that my man boobs aren't really going away. Also my gut is starting to poke out (making some of my button ups unbuttonable). I'm not into gyms, just being a weird place I guess.
    So does anyone have any sets they do at home that helps with the gut (besides crunches, they give me headaches, I don't get why) and chest?

2. May 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Diet is the biggest factor. Go zone or Paleo

3. May 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Cardio- Run, swim, bike, stairs...Whatever it takes to work up a sweat. Do a 10-15 min warm up before you do you arms set and then work thru your arms set at a fast pace...keep the sweat up the whole time and you'll see some difference.

4. May 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    alex1988

alex1988 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2wd>4wd.... Its all about the cup holders
    There is only one thing you can do to loose a gut and man boobs... and thats run. People say fat turns into muscle blah blah blah thats completely false, they are two different types of tissues, they can not magically phase change. so to get rid of fat (man boobs, gut, love handles) you just gotta run. Start easy if its been a while, half a mile a day for 3 days, then move up to a mile, then when that gets easier step it up to 1.5 miles.. and so on. You will find yourself doing 4-5 miles a day within a month. The fat will melt away...

5. May 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    what's Zone and Paleo?

cool, what's good, I naturally sweat A LOT. I don't know what it is that I have but I've been like this since I was born (sucks when you have to shake hands or even hold a chicks hand for that matter).

It's been a VERY long while since I have run or even jogged. I am somewhat through the bad stuff with my health issue (Graves Disease), but slowly working back to being normal. I had to eat a lot of protein due to me being obscenely skinny, even tweekers were disgusted with me. So now I'm getting pretty fat and my physician wants me to loose a couple. Basically get back into shape and not turn into a fat ass.

6. May 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM

10.21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    BHLM, Satoshi, Remove Mud Flaps, Debadge.
    I used a trimmer belt for awhile and ever since I put it down (I never use it when I'm back on my heavy lift due to the wearing of a squat belt) and it worked great. I works like those odd "garbage bag" suits you may have seen people wearing but focused on the mid section. You can buy them at Wal-Mart in the fitness section, Dick's Sporting Goods and so on. You just have to keep active, wear it when you work out.
    It focuses the heat you develop during a workout directly back to your abdominals which both "melts" the fat in the area as well as stimulates the muscle itself. You won't develop a 24 pack just from the use of this.

Your hardest spot to cut will be your lower abdominals so it's key to exaggerate a lower abdominal workout more than any other abdominal workout (throw more workouts in, more sets, more reps than any other abdominal workout). Decline sit-ups, leg raises, heels-to-heavens, flutter kicks, etc.

Chest-
    Kill push-ups and improvise a way to "fly"...since you don't like gyms it may be a little hard to do. Do push-ups from every motion, decline, flat, incline. As far as flyes kill those from every motion, whether you buy weights or just use something heavy laying around the house.

Invest, pirate, or borrow P90X. It's more for those that are out of shape or into cardio than the heavy lifters (I did it and lost a great amount of mass but was pretty cut).

Since you hate gyms, just get creative. I'm going to be going to school in Virginia for the Marine Corps which is going to require a lot of my time. Which means I won;t be hitting the gym. So, for the 4 months that I'm cooped up in a hotel, I plan on doing P90X, getting a kettle bell and doing crossfit, cargo strapping my bed for decline sit-ups / bench press (cargo strap weight to the bed, get under and lift), and using a TRX resistance band...

TRX - http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/
    Crossfit Demos - http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
    General Workout Demos - http://www.shapefit.com/

If you hate gyms man, it's going to be difficult. Hopefully all this will help you out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, which those before me who have but I wanted to emphasize is diet. I used to be huge into diet but it go so F-ing boring and bland so I settled with a decent body for happiness of eating. High protein, moderate carbs, low fat if your looking to shred fat. Up the fat content once you get them pecks and abs going to a moderate fat content (avocados, fish oil, egg yolk, cottage cheese, [more] peanut butter)...I can make you a diet plan, but it gets pretty bland after awhile....I hope you like chicken breast and brown rice.

7. May 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    Like the others said, running is a GREAT workout for those problem areas. As is swimming, which will also work your shoulders and back a lot. Pushups are a great workout for your chest. I don't know what your capabilities are, start out with just enough to get you breathing hard and add a couple more each night.

If you've got the motivation, you can reach your goals. Good luck!

8. May 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Zone - uses a 30-40-30 approach. 30% protein, 40% carbs from fruits and veggies, and 30% fats avocado, nuts.
    Paleo - eat like a caveman, all natural, minimal processing no breads or dairy (basically nothing man made)

Long and short, cut out breads and gluten and start getting you carbs from fruits and veggies. You need fat to lose fat as long as it's healthy fats.

http://www.enterthezonediet.com/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+paleo+diet

9. May 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    trg37

trg37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma OME Full Setup
    diet and calorie intake.

10. May 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    You don't need a gym or machinery or need to buy any gimmicks or quick cures.

Eat less, excercise more. Especially work on eating smaller portions. It works better if you eat smaller meals throught the day (4-5 times) rather than three big meals. Less of the unused energy from those big meals will be turned into fat. You will also find that your overall energy level is more even, rahter than passing out after a big lunch.

And focusing weights on any part of your body will not focus where you lose fat. There is no relationship. It doesn't work that way. The fat hides the abs you already have. Doing lots of crunches gives you killer abs buried under fat...

You need to excercise for at least 20 minutes just to burn the glycogen (sugar) stored in your muscles. When you keep going, your body will then switch metabolism to start burning fat, so the longer you can go after 20 mins, the better for fat burning. And you don't even have to push it really hard. Fat burning is actually more efficient at lower intensities (about 130-140 heartbeats per minute, if I recall correctly). Count your pulse for 10 seconds, then multiply by six.

Rather than running, you can try doing stairs. Just walking up flights of stairs, like at an outdoor parking lot, for example, for a half hour will give you a hell of a workout. The longer, the better. This will use large muscles (glutes and quads), which will demand more energy and burn more fat. Building the muscles increases your metabolism, which will in turn help you burn more fat all the time, all over your body.

Once the stairs build some strength and cardio capacity, you can try jogging up every other flight, or just going faster.

Another alternative (or to add variety): ride a bike.

11. May 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    jyffmguy

jyffmguy Taco Boosh!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Midlothian, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC SB OR
    As a general rule, you can't spot reduce fat. You can do all the crunches in the world, and all you'll do is damage your lower back, not shrink your stomach. If anything, you'll make it bulge even more. As ToucanV13 said, getting your diet in line is going to be your biggest factor in reducing body fat %.

There's plenty of ways to excercise at home, and get a killer workout in. Here's a few links to get you on your way.

http://www.t-nation.com
    Where I get most of my nutrition advice. Read some articles by Chris Shugart, or just do a search for articles about diet. There is probably a year's worth of reading on here, so search based on what your goals are, and embrace a low-carb lifestyle. The site can come off as hard core, but most of the info applies to everyday joe as well.

Ross Enamait
    Ross has a lot of great info on programs that can be done with minimal equipment, as well as complexes and HIIT (High intensity interval training). Check out some of the sandbag work. It'll kick your ass, get you lean, and you can do it all from the comfort of your own home.

You cannot out-train a poor diet, so step 1 is getting a handle on that.

12. May 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    ToucanV13

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    rowing and swimming are great to mix it up and are no impact

13. May 2, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Crossfit FTW!

14. May 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    perfect advice.

15. May 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    well I did a little jogging today. MAN! I'm in worse shape than I thought. My head is kind of pounding and I feel like laying on the floor for a couple days lol.

16. May 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So now something weird is going on. I do some reps and such for my arms and chest, I can see my arms and chest change. BUT after sometime, I go straight back to skinny ass arms. Basically like a freaking twig. :mad: Should I be eating protein? I literally have to lift a couple just to see a difference in them.

17. May 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    awesome advice guys!!!

18. May 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    snjkid372

snjkid372 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlantic City
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Prerunner
    look up the warrior diet, or the intermitten fasting diet.

19. May 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    snjkid372

snjkid372 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlantic City
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Prerunner
    o yea remember beer is liquid bread, might want to cut back a little bit if you drink a lot

20. May 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    What does your overall diet look like? Write down what you eat, (every meal!) and then you can start to make some changes. Or we can potentially help point you in the right direction.
    If you're going to be working out, yes, your body is going to need some protein to feed the muscles. You dont need nearly what some stores/people will try to sell you though.

Products Discussed in

To Top