1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get Back in Shape Support Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by PreRunnerSeth, May 18, 2010.

1. May 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    herta28

herta28 Member

Member:
    Los Alamitos, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab PreRunner SR5
    Good luck Seth (And everyone else)! I'm in the same boat. About 6 weeks ago, I went to tie the laces on my work shoes and became winded. I'm 5'9" and at the time was at 244 pounds. I said, "This is ridiculous!!" I decided then to lose weight. My goal is to get down to 200 pounds. I started hitting the gym every other day and running. Right now I'm at 227 pounds. Another goal is to run a half-marathon in September. This has proven to be the hard part. After six weeks of running every other day, I'm only up to about 1.2 miles, so I'm not progressing like I feel I should, but it's still progress! I think it's important to have goals...something to shoot for. I'll definitely be following this thread to see how everyone progresses!

2. May 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    Thanks! I can't wait to start running again. I love to run. At my current weight though, I'm extremely worried about hurting my knees or ankles running. I'm going to wait till I'm down around 220 before i start running again. I used to run a lot so it won't be hard to build back up to it. Keep at it. have you thought about joining team in training? not sure what area youre in, but its a good cause and they give you professional training.

3. May 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Feeling the pain from the lack of caffeine. My workout tonight should pick me up. Can't wait to break the addiction to caffeine. its not good for my stomach.

4. May 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I quit November 7th last year. Just said, ehh ill stop. And have only drank soda twice. Each time was when I had a jack and coke.

5. May 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Nice.... cant wait to see results.

6. May 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    jrider636

jrider636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    tally,fl
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma prerunner
    dk how nusy ur schedule is but i would wake up in the am, take a protein shake and then jog/walk a few miles. eat a healthy high in protein breakfast say egg whites, turkey/ham, cheese and then every 3 hours get a small healthy high protein snack in or a protein shake. eating 5 or 6 small meals a day keeps ur metabolism rate up to fight off fat and bad calories. and after every workout get some form of liquid protein in ya. my .02

7. May 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Forgot to mention my wife says i can get a bike when i get back into shape. GSXR-750 Here i come.. :)

8. May 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    congrats seth:woot:
    good luck to all. :thumbsup:
    i just got back in the groove two weeks ago. (back to the gym)
    any supplements?

9. May 19, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Were you looking for suggestions or asking what (if any) that Seth is taking?

10. May 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Not taking any right now. just eating healthy. In a month or so when i get my weight loss rolling good, I will start weight training. Then i will start protein. I used to take ISOPure. not even sure if they still make it. will have to check into it. Not really interested in anything other than protein. Not into taking anything like xenadrine. I tried Androstat for a while when i was lifting hard. it helped, but i was a real asshole while taking it, so i quit taking it.

11. May 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    This is awesome and good luck to everyone! I need to get back in shape, but I had to cancel my membership as the gym is about 15 miles away and I commute to work in the opposite direction. Had to cut costs on gas usage. Anyways, I'm about 5'7" and anywhere between 196 to 210 depending on what scale I'm on. Dr office has me at about 198 but at home I'm pushing around 210 so I'll stick to that one. Anyways, I'd like to try and get down to about 175, maybe even 165. Surely it'll help with my diabetes, and since I have a young daughter it'll be more motivation. I've started on an eliptical and I'll need to start running more. Good luck with everyone!

12. May 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Eating really healthy today, but the motivation to go to the gym today isnt as strong. I'm going to force myself to go. I wont be able to go tomorrow because i have to go to the bay area for work.

13. May 24, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    Well, I didn't eat perfect this time. Had a couple minor slip ups, but I still managed to lose 3.4lbs. I think if I can stick to my diet all week and keep up the exercise then I can lose 4lbs a week. I think this is a good yet reasonably healthy pace. I did the step mill on saturday. the one that is like a treadmill with stairs. I used to love that thing. It was always a great workout. It kicked my ass. I am soooo sore. I couldnt do the gym on sunday. So the wife and I walked to the dog park with the puppy instead. I'm not sure exactly how far that is, but it is a good distance.

14. May 24, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    High-Gear

High-Gear Zombie Killer

Member:
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, DR / Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg UCA, TSB with AAL, Walker Evans 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Smittybilt 10K Comp Winch, ARE Camper Shell, Con-Ferr Safari Rack, 4 KC Highlights on rack, 2 KC Rallye 800 on Bumper Armortech Off Road plate rear bumper. Firestone Airbags in rear, with Firestone compressor.
    Way to Go Bro!

I kinda went through the same thing with back to back injuries, and working a desk for a few years. Now I'm back on the sharp point of the spear I've been getting back into shape. I've dropped 57 lbs (from my heaviest), and wear 30" duty pants now.

Might I suggest this website: www.myfitnesspal.com

It has worked for me and my wife. She has dropped 27lbs and put on muscle. She went from a size 10 to a size 2!

It allows you to track your intake, and exercise, and to monitor different goals. If you follow their eating guidelines it will keep you from going into starvation mode and keep metabolic rate high. There is a huge database with nutritional information for all kinds of foods, so you don't have to purchase expensive prepackaged stuff like nutrisystem. It also allows you to change nutrient ratios in the advanced settings.
    BTW, I would start some weight training now, as more muscle will increase your metabolism and burn more calories.
    Keep Up the good work!!!!

15. May 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Way to go Seth! Not bad for a start. In a year you just may be at what you want!

16. May 24, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    I'm shooting for november! so i can enjoy thanksgiving! HAHAHA

17. May 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Nice job seth thats badass, I have lost 17 so far myself but I have a bronchitous so no running for me right now

18. May 24, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Nothing to post photos about- but I lost two pounds this week. Need to keep it going!!

19. May 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    its a start! I plan to post a photo every 20lbs.

20. May 24, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm actually kinda embarrassed- I've got some recent photos that I just looked at- and I look like crap. I gotta get home to my other harddrive- but I'll throw some up here when I do.
    I'll only drop 20 or 25lbs total- but hopefully I'll be able to post a good shirt off type photo when I'm done.

Products Discussed in

To Top